Author Topic: gsxr 1 exhaust B12  (Read 5206 times)

Offline deanozx10r

• Board Homesteader!
gsxr 1 exhaust B12
« on: September 18, 2011, 09:46:39 PM »
Hi new here hows everyone doing?? Has anyone tryed this, I would think that maybe theres an advantage to putting one on our bikes. Just want to get some input. Thanks in advance!! :thumb:

Offline deanozx10r

• Board Homesteader!
Re: gsxr 1 exhaust B12
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 11:39:10 PM »
What I mean is a full after market exhaust or even a stock header from a gsxr 1000.

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 09:33:50 AM »
I.m willing to try anything that helps performance and especially bang for buck. not sure of fitment. b12 exhaust is terribly small. when I took mine off two of the four pipes were different sizes@flange area where inner pipe welds to bell. Put on a Delkevic header. better but not great.    sandy
Fast? yes I'm fast, like a tortoise

Offline deanozx10r

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 09:47:51 PM »
I think some of them from 01 to 04 are titanium so I would have to do some tig welding, I think the 05 and up have the exhaust valve in the header. I think im going to try this!!

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 09:39:40 PM »
have you started the pipe yet? sandy

Offline deanozx10r

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 06:20:21 AM »
No not yet im going to wait till the snow flys here in MN, when I have a ton of down time.  :beers:

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 09:42:10 AM »
do u have access to tig welder? dont know measurements of systems but while bikes are on road is when u get best prices on parts. I've noticed that winter availability goes down.  What I have seen is that most stock systems are double wall which means junk.  but not sure of newer stuff.   sandy

Offline deanozx10r

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 07:23:19 PM »
Ya im a careered welder. I just picked up 06 gsxr 1, im going to measure and see. If the pipe would add more flow then this will be worth it.

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 11:40:39 PM »
A guy near detroit is selling stainless header kits. It is mandrel bent tubing pieces. ck on ebay under header kits I think. I was going to get one but just too straped financially.  later    sandy

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 02:10:34 AM »
Seriously?  
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 02:55:51 AM by PaulVS »

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 12:18:41 AM »
Greetings Paul; U aren't the one selling the kits are U? Thought they were in mi.    sandy

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 07:39:51 AM »
 The best hp & torque #s are from the Hindle header. Fast Larry (years ago) tried various types of headers, and the Hindle came up with the best runs.

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 11:29:17 AM »
Greetings Dan;  is there a link to fast larrys?  All bikes arnt equal. a 1216 with cams and carbs will need more than a stock bike. When I pulled my stock header off it was a mess inside. with only 3000 original miles it was necked down at flange(where the inside pipe is attached) to very small diameters. a true venturi effect for keeping gas velocities high at low small throttle openings.  Ad 36mm cv's and smallish valve openings(cam stats).  A small pipe is almost required.  sandy   

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 07:16:40 PM »
Greetings Dan;  is there a link to fast larrys?  All bikes arnt equal. a 1216 with cams and carbs will need more than a stock bike. When I pulled my stock header off it was a mess inside. with only 3000 original miles it was necked down at flange(where the inside pipe is attached) to very small diameters. a true venturi effect for keeping gas velocities high at low small throttle openings.  Ad 36mm cv's and smallish valve openings(cam stats).  A small pipe is almost required.  sandy   

Fast Larry is dead.  And Hindle, Akrapovic and Muzzy make the best headers for the Bandit under any circumstances.  All these companies test their headers under a variety of situations before they get to market, so it's not like we're talking about K-Mart headers.

Also, trying to get headers that weren't designed for the Bandit is a exercise in futility.  You might as well start with your own pipe and go from there.

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 07:58:06 AM »
Greetings Paul;  I tried to find article on pipes. will try again. Keeping my stock pipe for 600 junker I picked up. Have a Delkevic header/mid pipe. Dont like mid pipe going into header collector/with a thick gasket and ring welded inside.  Defeats purpose of making a performance part then screwing it up.  double wall pipe cant reasonably be modified(that I know of). would like to find dyno runs with diff pipes. kind of swinging towards homade or drag pipe/sidewinder type.  :thanks:  sandy  ps have all winter to decide. snow forcast for next wensday nite.