Author Topic: B12 Front End Swap?  (Read 606 times)

Offline China Greg

• Board Homesteader!
  • Tighten it 'til it Loosens then back-off 1/4 turn
B12 Front End Swap?
« on: January 19, 2017, 04:53:46 PM »
Hey! Anyone around that knows what kind of Front Ends go well with a First Gen B12?

I've improved just about everything ELSE on my old gal... was considering a Gixxer front end or something... wondering what it would require vs. perceived improvement.

Black '98 B12S, JE 1216cc bore kit, light port work, Yosh RS3, Ivan jetting, drag bars, Corbin Gunfighter, Progressive shock, Racetech front end, stainless lines, Wave rotors, six-piston calipers, polished wheels, fender eliminator, bar-end mirrors, smoked shield, NEP throttle lock...110,000 miles as of late 2014.. two complete tear-downs. Fresh as a Daisy.

Offline asskickinpeanuts

• Board Homesteader!
Re: B12 Front End Swap?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 09:33:16 PM »
From fast Larry's web site FAQ:

Suzuki RF-900 Forks
The Bandit is believed to share front forks with the Suzuki RF-900.  It also shares the fender and fender brace as well.  People looking for replacement pieces for their front forks should check the salvage yards for an RF-900 donor bike.  If you need to do a total fork replacement, you would be better served by using GSX-R forks instead as they are higher quality, upside-down, and fully adjustable.

Suzuki GSX-R Forks
After bending or breaking the forks on the stock Bandit, some people have chosen to replace them with an upside-down GSX-R unit.  This is not a simple installation and requires a fair amount of work, but it can be done.  The main advantages to using the Gixxer fork are the additional adjustability and amount of aftermarket parts available for this suspension.  Hopefully we'll have directions on how to do this modification in the future.
2001 Bandit 1200S
the sum intelligence of humanity is a fixed quantity.  The greater number of people, the less intelligence per person (and I resemble this remark).
If it's too loud, you're too old.

Offline China Greg

• Board Homesteader!
  • Tighten it 'til it Loosens then back-off 1/4 turn
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 08:24:19 AM »
Right right... Gixxer forks. I guess the only real issues are how to mod the steering head clamps... and how the geometry needs to be set up. I figure it must have been done plenty of times, but maybe us B12 owners are dwindling...
Black '98 B12S, JE 1216cc bore kit, light port work, Yosh RS3, Ivan jetting, drag bars, Corbin Gunfighter, Progressive shock, Racetech front end, stainless lines, Wave rotors, six-piston calipers, polished wheels, fender eliminator, bar-end mirrors, smoked shield, NEP throttle lock...110,000 miles as of late 2014.. two complete tear-downs. Fresh as a Daisy.

Offline asskickinpeanuts

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 12:51:01 PM »
" I figure it must have been done plenty of times, but maybe us B12 owners are dwindling..."

Probably.
2001 Bandit 1200S
the sum intelligence of humanity is a fixed quantity.  The greater number of people, the less intelligence per person (and I resemble this remark).
If it's too loud, you're too old.

-no title-

Facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2017, 12:34:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent