Author Topic: jack up kits??  (Read 3282 times)

Offline RISINSON18

• TURBO TYPER!
jack up kits??
« on: March 25, 2009, 12:04:44 PM »
so here is my question/s...
how many people have used the lift kits to jack up their 600s and would it be better to just get a gxr750 rear shock or would the lift kit be better to get that higher angle? thoughts on lift kits and were can i get them in the US.
your comments are appreciated!!!

Offline allan4169

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: jack up kits??
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 02:58:17 PM »
I installed a set of raising doglegs on my 2001 1200 Bandit. They raised the back by 20mm which is not that much but the difference between the holes was only 3/16" .
So when the bike is on the center stand the tyre is two inches off the ground. No problem getting the rear wheel off. The 20mm was as far as I wanted to go as I didn't want to get too much weight on my wrists when riding. I bought them from a place in England found on e-bay. Delivered within a week and I'm sure they were only about $28 delivered. They had them at 20mm, 35mm, and 40mm raise. You may have to watch out that it dosen't lean too much with the 40mm raise when it is on the side stand.

Offline RISINSON18

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 11:56:06 AM »
thanks for the information!!!

Offline RISINSON18

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 10:45:07 AM »
hey Allan,
sorry for this delaid question but did you find any diference in suspension when you installed them or any handleing problems?

Offline allan4169

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 08:18:05 PM »
No I didn't find any problems with the suspension or with handling. Someone with more experience may feel a change in the handling, but I did not. My change was only 20mm at the rear seat, so it wasn't that radical. I ride a lot up at the Angeles Crest so the bike handles pretty well anyway. I just wanted to get my but a little higher when riding so I could have put on flatter bars but I didn't want to go that far. Very happy with the change. By the way, the bike has been in the shop for four weeks as when they installed the new clutch they didn't mesh up ALL the gears properly so when they tightened the basket they broke teeth from the oil gear on the generator gear and the oil idler gear. Gear between the oil pump gear and the oil gear on the generator gear. The dealer tells me that the generator gear is on the ship(from Japan) arriving April 4th. Another week to get it back to the dealer in LA. Then a few days for them to get everything back together.(Without breaking the gear again)  Yes I am pissed off. But what can I do. I feel better now.

Offline RISINSON18

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 11:40:49 PM »
hey well i am sorry to hear that you are not able to ride! glad you will be back on the two wheels soon. yea i am just fighting over the best option of getting some wishbones or getting a gsxr suspesion which would also raise the rear but also tighten the suspension. wishbones sound like a quick fix. thanks for your input.
-Gabe