Author Topic: Jetting question  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Fordtech

• Board Homesteader!
Jetting question
« on: April 08, 2009, 10:11:53 PM »
Ok guys......I have a Dynojet kit. 99 B-12. Yosh slip-on(street not race).
Instructions are the same for stage 1 and 3. Thing is......I have holeshot cams and ignition advancer.
I would like to retain stock air box, yes the silencer is removed. Question is, been running the 104 Dynojet mains,
but wonder is maybe a bit lean. I have not felt any accel problems for the most part....but DJ instructions say to run 104, 150, or 155's.......I am near sea level here........
Any takers???? I am thinking the 150's personally.....

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Jetting question
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 01:30:47 AM »
Ok guys......I have a Dynojet kit. 99 B-12. Yosh slip-on(street not race).
Instructions are the same for stage 1 and 3. Thing is......I have holeshot cams and ignition advancer.
I would like to retain stock air box, yes the silencer is removed. Question is, been running the 104 Dynojet mains,
but wonder is maybe a bit lean. I have not felt any accel problems for the most part....but DJ instructions say to run 104, 150, or 155's.......I am near sea level here........
Any takers???? I am thinking the 150's personally.....
You shouldn't deal with this problem without making measurements. In this case, measure the fuel/air ratio to see where you are before making additional changes. 13:1 - 14:1 ratios are what you should be seeing across the rpm band on a dyno run, with the lower ratios at the high end of the RPM band. If you're dragging or running fuel, see Smokey Yunick.