Author Topic: Kerker slip on exhaust  (Read 5629 times)

Offline Wooddog

• Board Homesteader!
Kerker slip on exhaust
« on: September 25, 2005, 04:52:06 PM »
This is my first post on bandit alley. I just traded for a 2002 1200s with only 1800miles.  Its in mint condition! I had a 2001 1200 with no fairing.  So I have been surfing around the internet trying to find a good deal on a slip on exhaust. I had a Two Brothers on my 2001 Bandit  but was looking for something else, And I think I found a good deal! Motorcyclesuperstore Has kerker slip ons for $166. thats half price of some other exhaust. Now I know someone out there will say you get what you pay for but I had a Kerker on my 1999 ZRX1100 and it sounded great and looked good. Not to mention the weight savings. So whats yalls thougts on this?
Wooddog- CMA
2002-BANDIT 1200s

Offline B12Teuton

• Board Homesteader!
Kerker slip on exhaust
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 09:07:20 AM »
Kerker has been around for ever, so it's probably a good, checp pipe.  They are typically quite loud.  Also, is it a true slip on that replace the mid-pipe or just a bolt on that mounts to the OE mid-pipe??
Manny
ATGATT (all the gear all the time!)
2006 KTM450XC Thump-whore

Offline Wooddog

• Board Homesteader!
bolt on
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 09:45:33 AM »
I think it is a bolt on, fedex has not delivered it yet.  I wil let you know for sure, when it comes in. Someone said it might be a scratch or dent can. But I dont think so because the add did not say anything about that.
Wooddog- CMA
2002-BANDIT 1200s

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Kerker slip on exhaust
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 02:23:10 PM »
:welcome: Wooddog

In your first post, it sounded like you were looking for an opinion from the board as to if this was a good choice or not, but by your second post 17 hours later, it sounds like you've already bought it.
So I guess it doesn't matter what we think.  :wink:

That's OK... I don't think anyone (who posts) has one anyway.
Once you get it on and take it for a spin for a few days, be sure and give it a review in the Product Reviews section, OK?
 :thanks:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Wooddog

• Board Homesteader!
should have known, to good to be true.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 10:29:15 PM »
Well I got my kerker can in today, and the adapter kit for my bandit was not in box. So I called motorcyclesuperstore and after waiting on hold and talking with 3 people that didnt even have any idea about what I was trying to tell them, I spoke with a nice man named Mark that is going to find out  and call me back tomorrow. So I get back on the web site and after a much closer inspection I come to the conclusion that I need to order an adapter kit which cost an additional $112. plus shipping, so instead of $166. plus shipping which the add leads you to belive. now I am in over $300.plus if you add in shipping twice. And I hope this is the end of this story. I will let yall know how it all turns out . But there wont be any 1200 Bandit with a Kerker can making any noise around Jonesboro, ARKANSAS
this weekend, Hopefully by next weekend I can see how she does!
Wooddog- CMA
2002-BANDIT 1200s

Offline B12Teuton

• Board Homesteader!
Kerker slip on exhaust
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 09:29:56 AM »
That sucks.  
I got a brand new Yosh RS3 with mid pipe for $260.  Can't you just send the Kerker back and buy something else?
Manny

Offline Wooddog

• Board Homesteader!
Thats a deal!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 11:08:20 PM »
Thats a deal on the yosh, with a mid pipe. Where did you find it at?
Wooddog- CMA
2002-BANDIT 1200s

Offline B12Teuton

• Board Homesteader!
Kerker slip on exhaust
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 08:51:52 AM »
I got it from Ivan's at that price when I bought my jet kit, but I've seen other, similar prices... <$300
You just have to dig around a little.
Manny

Offline Wooddog

• Board Homesteader!
finally got adapter for kerker.
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 11:56:57 PM »
Well here is the deal, I finally got my adapter kit in for my kerker can today(fedex) The Guy named Mark that works for Motorcyclesuperstore.com told me that he would not charge me for shipping on the adapter, so I guess thats a little better, I thought I was going to be in over $300. but as it turns out just around $295. thats still a whole lot more than the $166. that I thought that I was going to pay. Most bolt on cans come ready to bolt on.  I know my TWO BROTHERS did not need an adapter kit. O Well, No since in crying over spilt milk, but I hope this might save some one else the trouble I went through. I got the Kerker all put together and lined up on the BANDIT and put on my Jacket and took her down the rode for a little spin and man O man she sure sounds GOOD its like riding a whole different motorcycle I can hear it running cant tell any real difference in horsepower but it sure sounds FAST! and that little name plate that says KERKER, my Harley friends will like it, because right underneathe KERKER it says MADE IN USA!
Wooddog- CMA
2002-BANDIT 1200s

Offline Vee Dub Nut

• Board Homesteader!
Kerker slip on exhaust
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2005, 12:00:50 AM »
Yea.. thats one of the best things about my D&D can...

big ole texas flag on it, made in Fort Worth Texas
Adam in College Station Texas

1996 Bandit 750s - SOLD!
1998 Bandit 1200s - SOLD!
2000 VW GTi GLX
1967 VW Beetle* slight modifictations