Author Topic: Main Fuel Hose Leak  (Read 3614 times)

Offline ZINK

• New user!
Main Fuel Hose Leak
« on: June 11, 2005, 06:08:05 PM »
Citizens
"I have just removed my fuel tank and pulled my carbs. Now all is back together i have a fuel leak coming from my main fuel hose. The one leading from the tank to the carbs?. The question mark is because i'm no longer certain i have reattached the hose to the right location. Currently it is connected to a plastic nipple between the air inlets on the carbs this is where the leak or rather gush occurs. Is this setup correct i dont own a manual. Thankyou for your assistance.
Bandit 1200s 2001 ";

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Main Fuel Hose Leak
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 06:41:03 PM »
You may want to check back....my bike isn't near where I can look at it, and I can't rmember!

There are 2 lines coming off the petcock.  The larger hose is the fuel line, the slightly smaller one is the vacumn line.  Maybe these are reversed?  The larger hose, the fuel line, should connect to the front of the petcock.

There's a third line on the other side of the tank...another small one, for the gas tank indent drain.

I can't picture exaclty where the fuel line connect on the carbs.  Somebody should pop in with an answer pretty quickly... :motorsmile:
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline ZINK

• New user!
Main Fuel Hose Leak
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 06:49:35 PM »
Cheers matey i have checked on the hoses and they are as you decribed it's just that dam fuel hose ( the thick one) that i doubt is in the right position on the carbs. Help someone paleeaase :crybaby:

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Main Fuel Hose Leak
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 06:54:06 PM »
Worse comes to worse, there is an online manual you can download in the members only forum.
  It's the SUZ manual, and low quality.  May take a while to download.
http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=877

I looked at my  Haynes manual at home, and couldn't figure out what to tell you..... :duh:
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline ZINK

• New user!
Main Fuel Hose Leak
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 07:00:01 PM »
ahhhh interesting i'll download it now and let you know. Just to remind anyone reading this i'm trying to confirm where the large fuel hose connects to from the stop cock on a 1200s bandit.

Offline ZINK

• New user!
Main Fuel Hose Leak
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 10:32:07 AM »
Ok i've downloaded the manual and it shows i have connected this hose correctly i'm stumped. :sad:  I have to check where i connected the breather hose. Then back track on the installation of the HS jet install.