Author Topic: true or false ?  (Read 8299 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
true or false ?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 11:49:57 PM »
You're absolutely right 12sdrag!
Once you've got the consistancy part down, quicker times will take more power. Will 15 extra ponies drop you down .3 sec? I don't know. I've never been that great of a m/c dragger to find out.

Did drop 2 full seconds off my time thru the 1/4 in a car by swapping out a 3.23 open pumpkin with a 4.63 posi though.  :grin:
That change did make the car pretty impractical for freeway travel though.
But a car that does wheelies is always impressive.  :bigok:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline slo coach

• Board Homesteader!
true or false ?
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2005, 11:59:04 PM »
this is almost depressing..it all confirms i am a crap rider,,

therthinke are loads of posts whichsay

my stock standard bandit drags my fat 20 stone arse through mthe 1/4 in 11.6 and kitted 11.3

it goes hard out

it lifts the front wheel in 2 and 3 gears

i think it can do a high 10's
etc etc etc .i had about 12 runs other day and while new to it i couldn't do better than12.3's .
any suggestions on rear tyre pressure on avon azzuros as it definitly slipsthrough 1'st gear,
lots of good info..thanks but i think the point of the original question was to point out that you have to do loads of extras to only get a little bit extra

cheers slo coach

Offline 12sdrag

• Board Homesteader!
true or false ?
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 12:19:10 AM »
Hey slo coach, Have you lowered the bike? straped the front down? what are you leaveing the line at (rpms)? what is 20 stones? I weigh 250 lbs. my bandit runs in the 10`s but the thing I like the most is the four 11.01 runs in a row. still lost that night :duh:  :crybaby:
It is what it is and thats all it is till it is no more

Offline slo coach

• Board Homesteader!
true or false ?
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 03:09:07 AM »
12sDrag

i roll throttle to 4500,then let out clutch to take up travel,then i ride clutch and gas it with the rear tyre drifting sometimes ??

not lowered,but front and rear suspension set one harder than factory,and rear avon left set at 42 as forgot to do anything about it.

don't know what strapped down means ,except the hyabuasa that insisted on thrashing me,did comment his front was strapped down,but he was doing 10.5 to 10.9 and as you would know thats a horizon job on me,
in fact with only a bout a1.3 or 1.4 time difference it represents bloody miles in distance i'm behind.

i weigh 80kg's or about 175Ibs

other thing i noticed was i couldn't decide if i should change into 4th as the line seemed to approach fast so i did all the runs in 3rd gear only not quite on red line,but i think when the speed got higher the cars seemed to obviously have  more speed than me and closed or pulled away

14 tooth on the front

any ideas,besides get back to the retirement home,

cheers   slo coach

Offline 12sdrag

• Board Homesteader!
true or false ?
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 11:37:52 PM »
slo coach, where are you located? Strapping the front down is just that. A pull type strap that disallows the front forks from rebounding upon acceleration. You can buy one at any performance shop. lowering the whole bike will help alot.(I drop the front 1 inch in threes and then pull the strap down about 2 inches. I lower the rear about 3 inches with lower links) As for wheel spin, if you do a good burn out before the run and it still spins try not doing one. air pressure I only let about 3 to 5 psi out, I don`t have a problem with wheel spin my bike just wants to do wheelies. Stupid question is your drag strip 1320 feet? I`m half way through fifth gear across the line with a 14-45. Hey don`t be afraid to talk to some of the big guys at the track most of them are more than willing to help a new guy. It`s when you start to win races they seem to shy away. Have fun and practice.
It is what it is and thats all it is till it is no more