Author Topic: What else to do to a B6?  (Read 2710 times)

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
What else to do to a B6?
« on: September 03, 2006, 03:12:41 PM »
I'd like a few more horses from my B6 (I know, who wouldn't). I have the Holeshot pipe, jet kit and advancer. Gonna go up a couple of teeth on the rear sprocket when I change out the chain. Is there any other worthwhile mods to do to get a little more hp from this motor.

I had thought about getting a different bike but I really like my B6 and its paid for! I can live without more power but find myself wanting more from time to time.

TIA, Dan

Offline 0to60

• TURBO TYPER!
What else to do to a B6?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 05:34:48 PM »
Port and polish to the engine makes a difference with accleration and gives the B6 a deeper, more aggressive exhaust note. I've noticed that I had more acceleration power at 70 mph after the p/p then before. Also it will hit 110 mph quicker then before. I think it added another 5 hp, but I'm not 100% sure.  :gatlin

The only thing that matters is how fast you can get from 0 to 60, because top speed is secondary

P.S. Other mods I'm looking at is a katana 750 swap. I have seen on the internet about an 884cc big bore kit for the B6, but it requires resleeving the engine and is very expensive overall. Plus it causes the engine to overheat if used to its potential, causing you to have to let the engine cool down ( You lose your worry-free of the overheating engine frame-of-mind). Engine swap would be cheaper and have less consequences if done right.

Here is the website  www.tts-performance.com
The only thing that matters is how fast you can get from 0 to 60, because top speed is secondary

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
What else to do to a B6?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 07:01:12 PM »
Yeah, the 750 swap is the way to go. I think I'll check into the port and polish. If I can get it done at a good price local I might do it. If not I'll save for the Kat 750 engine and then port and polish that before it goes in as well as whatever other goodies(cams?) show good results.

Maybe the larger rear sprocket will quench my thirst for a while. :beers: