Author Topic: Tailgunner Rotary Cannon Exhaust - A Real Lifesaver  (Read 3643 times)

Offline Dave 02 1200

• Board Homesteader!
Tailgunner Rotary Cannon Exhaust - A Real Lifesaver
« on: May 31, 2006, 08:37:38 AM »
I have found what might be the newest solution to the problem of saving lives through exhaust modification: the Tailgunner Rotary Cannon Exhaust!  To quote  the feature in the June 2006 Cycle World, "The Tailgunner Rotary Cannon Exhaust not only looks like a Gattling gun but also uses the outrushing exhaust gases to spin its six-barrel cylinder."  It might not be long before these can be adapted to fit on Bandits with a 180 degree U bend so the barrels point forward.  That modification would focus the noise forward where it would function as a safety warning device.  It would have the benefit of intimidating motorists who would want to get out of the line of fire as quickly as possible.  NO KIDDING - I DID NOT MAKE THIS UP!  See the whole story at www.tailgunnerexhaust.com.  Now we will need dyno run data and jetting instructions.
Busa Shock
HS Stage 1 Jet Kit
Superbike Bars with Bar End Mirrors
Kriss Headlight Modulator

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 09:13:10 AM »
This can't be for real!  :shock:

Offline Dave 02 1200

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 01:35:56 PM »
I don't think it is a hoax.  Check out their web site.  Cycle World featured it as a new product in June 06 and their web site is too elaborate for a spoof.  These guys really expect to sell the things to "hardcore" chopper guys.  Now we can expect the new "Ordanance Chopper" from the engineering genius at Orange County Choppers to be equipped with a Tailgunner Rotary Cannon, Pineaple hand grenade handlebar grips, and a bayonet sissy bar.  :roll: No wonder Sonny Barger has been quoted as saying in disgust that it might be time for the HA to start riding Gold Wings.  Makes sense to me.  Seems that the people riding the new choppers (kit bikes) these days, the accountants, lawyers, and CEOs, make the old time scooter tramps seem pretty harmless by comparison.   Yeah, I have been around for a while.  Love my Bandit because it doesn't carry a load of "sociological baggage" and I'll admit to a certain lack of tolerance for the "new breed"of "hard core (on weekends)" biker.  Now, if I could just remember where I left my shorty skull helmet with the pony tail..  It's time to go out for a putt with my bros...and a quick stop at Wal Mart for a new set of wash-off tattoos... "live to ride/ride to live", etc.  I can just put it on my gold visa card like all the other "like-minded nonconformists" at the biker bar.
Busa Shock
HS Stage 1 Jet Kit

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 04:39:51 PM »
I imagine you would lose some power with that setup, the back pressure must be enourmous to spin that crazy schtick around! Get a real pipe and forget the gimmicks, unless you watch American Thunder and take tune up tips from Corbin's "Ride on" I would get something real otherwise forget what I said and wear these pants:

And pretend you know Michelle Smith personally!

And as far as "Life saving " goes, riding skill beats loud pipes everytime.
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline Dave 02 1200

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 07:08:44 PM »
Agreed!  I was so blown away by the whole thing that sarcasm seemed the only appropriate response.  I think the concept of the Tailgunner Exhaust is way beyond the realm of motorcycling.  It appears to have been designed to appeal to those for whom motorcycles are simply props for the costume party they take so seriously.  Again, truth is stranger than fiction.
Busa Shock
HS Stage 1 Jet Kit