Author Topic: Super Duke headlight conversion  (Read 2991 times)

Offline gearjammer

• TURBO TYPER!
Super Duke headlight conversion
« on: July 09, 2008, 10:27:29 PM »
A good buddy of mine sourced a superduke headlight for me  and I had to had to get it on my B12. So I tore off all the plastic and ordered a headlight mount bracket from Aztec8. I read on the forum that they made some decent stuff for naked conversions. Mounting was tricky because the unit comes with 4 mounting points. And the bottom two are offset. So I used some pieces from an erector set to hold it together. I was expecting it to break under the vibrations, but a 1500 mile trip up north in michigan has proved it pretty strong. The trip is another story. Anybody ridden 60 miles of dirt road on a Bandit before?

I also threw on a wide renthal bar (took a cue from the Brits) and man.. does that improve the handling. Although tankslappers are more common now! Here are some pics.

Transforming into a streetfighter.... Slowly

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Super Duke headlight conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 05:43:21 AM »
I like the super duke headlight idea... great to see some different conversions.
As for the dirt road...but of course!

pic is from a beautiful red sand type road...which is terrible to wash off, as in it's been nearly a year and there is still red sand in some places. Gravel makes everything just that much more interesting...but i don't have any pics.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline gearjammer

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Super Duke headlight conversion
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 02:05:38 AM »
Thats really cool mademiriam . I rode a similar road up north of michigan. RT35 which is partially built (bought off by henry ford) between Marquette and Houghton. Its 30-40 miles of gravel and dirt. So I decided to power slide out of corners with my pilot powers. Not a very good idea, although I must say the tires really held up. I will post some pictures soon.
Transforming into a streetfighter.... Slowly