Author Topic: thoughts on holeshot smog removal kit / clutch kit  (Read 3471 times)

Offline hooligan1200

• Board Regular!
thoughts on holeshot smog removal kit / clutch kit
« on: November 11, 2006, 11:43:22 AM »
what do u guys think about his smog removal kit? worth buying/ does it free up any horsepower? and while im talking about holeshot, im in desperate need of a new clutch, is his clutch kit worth getting or should i stick with oem? thanks
00 1200 bandit

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 12:23:10 PM »
I have been racing Suzukis for a long time , and my experience is that the OEM clutch is the best way to go.
If you do go with aftermarket, be sure to measure stack height on the clutch to make sure it is within Suzuki specs.  :motorsmile:
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline hooligan1200

• Board Regular!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 07:36:07 PM »
i think his clutch kit is all oem and hes uses one heavy duty spring.
00 1200 bandit

Offline daniel1

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 11:35:47 AM »
As far as I know the smog stuff does not reduce power but removing it will clean up the area under the tank as well as shed a minimal amount of weight.  All you really need to do is cap off the four lines that run to the front of the motor and eliminate everything else.
73 Guzzi Eldo runs great
74 Guzzi Eldo project bike
01 b1200 1216 kit,gsxr cams, ported, stage 2 jetting, pod filters, corbin seat, brock/hindle full system, cogent dynamics shock

Offline Bazza

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 10:53:01 PM »
Dale's "smog" removal kit or pair removal kit in my mind will does nothing to enhance performance other than shed a few ounces off your bike.

All that system does (unless you have a California bike) is pump fresh air into the exhaust system, to assist the burning of any unburnt hydrocarbons. (this helps not to poison the people that are behind you).

I would challenge anyone to explain how removing the pair system produces any noticable horsepower gain. Removing it also increases de-aceleration pop if you have installed a pipe.

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 11:35:24 PM »
Ivan's carb kit includes the plugs that block it off because it does rob air from your intake and also helps oxidize/rust out your exhaust system quicker. All you need is electricians tape to plug the hose from your air box to that smog valve thing. But if you want the clean look like Daniel 1 pointed out you can buy the steel caps that cover the ports to the exhaust and allows you to remove the ugly piping. Just keep everything for the future smog dyno test like in Cali.

PS-I must disclaim for the sake of the democrats watchdog poo-poo's that this is recommended for dyno testing only and sanctioned race modification.

Offline Ranger

• Board Homesteader!
  • Resident Felon
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 01:53:52 AM »
:beers:
Note to self: Leave no witnesses

Offline Bazza

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2006, 04:22:37 AM »
Quote from: "CWO4GUNNER"
Ivan's carb kit includes the plugs that block it off because it does rob air from your intake and also helps oxidize/rust out your exhaust system quicker. All you need is electricians tape to plug the hose from your air box to that smog valve thing. But if you want the clean look like Daniel 1 pointed out you can buy the steel caps that cover the ports to the exhaust and allows you to remove the ugly piping. Just keep everything for the future smog dyno test like in Cali.

PS-I must disclaim for the sake of the democrats watchdog poo-poo's that this is recommended for dyno testing only and sanctioned race modification.

I installed an Ivan's kit on mine & actually removed the block off to the pair system. This actually eliminated deceleration pop. My seat of the pant's dyno says there was no difference.

Actually the federal Government in Canada has presented legislation for motorcycle smog standards. (to Mimic California's) I am sure testing will not be far away here. And for those of you in Alberta, noise crackdowns are coming this summer.