Author Topic: Top speed runs  (Read 5240 times)

Offline Kickstart

• Board Homesteader!
Top speed runs
« on: July 19, 2006, 07:57:16 PM »
Hi

Had another weekend doing top speed runs on the Bandit. Finally managed to get 171mph out of it (speedo needle pointing to around where 190mph would be if they went that high).

Going to play around with a few bits and pieces to try for 175mph. Might eventually try sticking a fairing on it.

All the best

Keith

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
Top speed runs
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 10:07:03 PM »
What engine mods are you running? I imagine that was quite a wind blast on that nekkid eh?

Offline Kickstart

• Board Homesteader!
Top speed runs
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 04:59:55 AM »
Hi

It is 1216cc, with a played with head and reprofiled cams.

Yep, wind blast is massive. I had 2 previous runs at 169.7 just before the 171mph run.

I am going to try raising the pegs higher, fitting flatter bars, smaller indicators and maybe lowering the bike to do as much as I can to reduce the size when viewed head on.

All the best

Keith

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
Top speed runs
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 07:04:51 AM »
That is awesome! :motorsmile:   I fastest I have got mine was 150 mph indicated.  That is with a stage 1 jet kit and high mount exhaust.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline Kickstart

• Board Homesteader!
Top speed runs
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 03:01:31 PM »
Hi

Those speeds are though timing lights. It was well off the end of the speedo (pointing to around where 190mph would be if the speedo went that high).

Mine was completly stock until the engine was played with, hadn't even done anything with the silencer. Had it for a year or so with the stock carbs (just jetted, with a K&N filter and the lid on the airbox chopped up).

All the best

Keith

Offline IcyChaos

• Board Homesteader!
Top speed runs
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 04:00:06 AM »
Quote from: Kickstart
Hi

Those speeds are though timing lights. It was well off the end of the speedo (pointing to around where 190mph would be if the speedo went that high).

Mine was completly stock until the engine was played with, hadn't even done anything with the silencer. Had it for a year or so with the stock carbs (just jetted, with a K&N filter and the lid on the airbox chopped up).

All the best

Keith

I would imagine if your goal is to reach highest top speed on that thing, a fairing would be better than any engine mod you can do above what you've done.

Offline Kickstart

• Board Homesteader!
Top speed runs
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 06:41:25 PM »
Hi

Fairing would definatly help a great deal. I just want see how far I can go without one at the moment. Slightly perverse I know.

All the best

Keith

Offline Kickstart

• Board Homesteader!
Top speed runs
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 07:51:07 PM »
Hi

Last weekend of top speed runs this year. Weather on the Sunday was very good (hefty tail wind). I managed 181.8mph on my unfaired Bandit.

Toying with hunting out a 'busa fairing (GRP one if poss) and fitting that for next year. For a laugh. The Hayabandit.

All the best

Keith

Offline GSFStiny

• Board Homesteader!
Top speed runs
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 02:37:32 PM »
Quote from: Kickstart

I managed 181.8mph on my unfaired Bandit.

I really question your sanity, but  :congrats:   The hayabandit sounds pretty neat.  Ill be looking forward to pics.
I used to think the brain was the most fascinating organ in the body.  Then I thought, 'well sure, look who's telling me that.'

99 bandit 1200s

Offline Kickstart

• Board Homesteader!
Top speed runs
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 04:27:24 PM »
Hi

Thanks. Sanity was locked up for the weekend.

Need to start looking for a reasonably priced fairing.

Know a guy who crashed his ZX12R a few years back, and for a joke fitted a 'busa fairing.

All the best

Keith