Author Topic: Need Carb(s) BST36SS  (Read 11808 times)

Offline nervous

• New user!
Need Carb(s) BST36SS
« on: March 21, 2010, 05:40:27 PM »
Well, I just put myself in a bit of a bad spot. The back story is that with the carbs off the bike for a needed cleaning, inspection and re-jet the #1 carb air screw felt a little funny coming out like it had been previously poorly threaded in during some past work but I did get it out and the threads on the pilot needle looked fine. So on reassembly a few minutes ago the first three smoothly installed, seated and adjusted out. The last one (as it always seems to go) did offer a similar resistance about 3/4 of the way in but I carefully 'worked it down to seated and thought all was fine. On backing it out the initial three turns it stopped turning. Repeated gentle efforts yielded no success and the subsequent stronger effort just buggered the screw head beyond use. Now I am unable to turn the screw either way and I believe this carb to now be junk.

I need to locate either a single #1 carb or complete bank for a Gen1 Y2K B12 ASAP.

However, I did find a possible set in CA from a '98 B12 but it has some extra hoses on the bottom (as seen in the pic below) that I don't currently have on mine and cannot find info on. They are on parts fiche but I don't find them on my carbs so I want to confirm compatibility if possible. I don't believe this is the P.A.I.R system is it? There is a hose coming from the bottom front bowl side that then go to a single "T". 1 & 2 are joined and 3 & 4 are joined. Is this CA only plumbing? Where do these then go? After looking at mine yet again the only available place these could possibly have been is on the bowl drain nipples but I need to be certain.

What are they and where do they go?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 05:58:21 PM by nervous »

Offline nervous

• New user!
Re: Need Carb(s) BST36SS
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 09:35:25 PM »
I was hoping that someone could shed some light on those tubes. Anyone?

Please let me know if you have any good sources for a used set, a parts dealer your trust, etc.

Thanks.