Author Topic: Which Exhaust?  (Read 3803 times)

Offline Buddha

• TURBO TYPER!
Which Exhaust?
« on: April 15, 2006, 03:47:34 PM »
Ok guys, I'm hoping you could give me some advice. I'm really loving my bandit, but the only thing it's really missing (at least for me) is a nice exhaust note. It seems like the stock one is too quiet and too high. I'm looking at getting a slip-on for my 1G B6 and wanted to hear what you guys thought about the different options.

I currently have a Stage 1 Jet Kit and timing advance from Holeshot so I was thinking about getting the slip-on from Holeshot as well, but I don't know what it sounds like. The performance gains would be nice, but I'm not expecting much, I really just want it to sound better. Should I go with Holeshot? Any other opinions?

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
Which Exhaust?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 04:23:24 PM »
I haven't heard of any 'bad' aftermarket slip-ons for Bandits.  They all are louder than stock and will give you about 5-6 more HP when combined with a S-1 jet kit.  Some like Yoshimura & Holeshot have a 'street' or 'race' baffle.  I have a Yosh RS-3 Titanium with the race baffle... and I was shocked that it's not annoyingly loud.

I would personally spend some time shopping around and go with a name brand (Yoshimura, Holeshot, Muzzy, Two Brothers, etc) that you like the looks of best... and get the race baffle if available if you want a louder exhaust.  

The main reason I got the Yosh is that I found it on Ebay for about 1/3 the going price.  It was brand new but had a dent about the size of a pin-head on the back of the exhaust underneath where the bracket is located.   :wink:

Offline green98cavy

• TURBO TYPER!
Which Exhaust?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 05:00:14 PM »
I have the Kerker exhaust on my 97 B6, and I picked it up for right around $235 shipped from bikebandit.com.  As for as looks, there's a pic of a B6 with the Kerker installed on the cover of the 1G B6 Clymer manual.   Soundwise, its louder that stock, but its not overly loud.  I used to ride ~50 miles each way to my old job, with 45 being interstate.  The wind noise around the helmet was more annoying than the exhaust.
97 Bandit 600S

Offline ratbike05

• Board Homesteader!
Which Exhaust?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 01:07:19 AM »
I bought a d&d can for my g1 b6, which I got for $70 from Ebay, and it may be louder than most but it really gives my bike a nice sound.  If you go to holeshot's website there are sound clips for each of his cans.
Wait for me!!

Jim

97 Bandit 600

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Which Exhaust?
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 12:38:00 PM »
Quote from: "PaulVS"
double post
Hey Paul! not a prob with those doubles!!! :shock:  :lol:  :beers:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!