Author Topic: Which Jet Kit??  (Read 4296 times)

Offline IcyChaos

• Board Homesteader!
Which Jet Kit??
« on: April 25, 2007, 01:47:07 PM »
Im looking to replace my Dynajet stage 3, Im sick of it, getting a good 22MPG popping, or running rich, flat spots, and the worst part is its takeoff is so groggy, the low RPM's stink where to make slow turns I pretty much gotta clutch my way around. since it has no power till 4K RPM's...

So Im considering between Holeshot Stage 2,  or Factory Pro stage 3.

00 Bandit 1200 (EX)S
K&N PODS
YOSHI SLIP(Stock Midpipe)
Holeshot Timing Advancer

I've never rejetted myself, and I don't think Im willing too, the mechanic Im dealing with Suggest the factory Pro, course I doubt he's used Dale's kit before. Is there much a difference between the two??

While I would like great horse/torque from the bike, what I want more is perfect throttle response, and smoothness. Without having to adjust my pilots all the time, Without having to deal with good running Days and Bad days depending on the temperature outside.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Which Jet Kit??
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 02:24:42 PM »
Both are good. Since you already have the K&N pods, you could pick up Holeshot's Stage II kit without the pods. Factory-Pro doesn't list their C30 (Stage III) kit without pods, though they may sell you one that way if you called and asked.

There's a lot more experience on this and the other Bandit board with Holeshot, but if you're not going to install it and your mechanic likes Factory-Pro - and maybe has a go-to guy there - there's no performance reason to say no. Both are good. I've never seen anyone dyno test both kits back-to-back on the same bike/dyno combo, so I can't really say one is going to make better numbers than the other.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline chupacabra

• Board Homesteader!
Which Jet Kit??
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 07:08:28 AM »
I heard that Dynajet replaces the jet holder or jet tube and other jets don't fit/screw into them so you'll have to get those back to stock before you install Holeshot's or Factory-Pro. I could be wrong as I've never done Dynajet this is just hear say so beware.
Dave . . . San Diego, California
1996 GSF600S Marble Italian Red
I bought new in sept of 95
D.I.D. 530ZVM gold x-ring chain
Pirelli Diablo 120/60F & Strada 160/60R
Progressive fork springs
H.S. HD rear axle nut & washer
Hole Shot 17" comp1 can

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
Which Jet Kit??
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 09:22:49 AM »
Quote from: "chupacabra"
I heard that Dynajet replaces the jet holder or jet tube and other jets don't fit/screw into them so you'll have to get those back to stock before you install Holeshot's or Factory-Pro. I could be wrong as I've never done Dynajet this is just hear say so beware.

Thats not exactly right, unless something has changed in the last three years, the threads on dyno jet jets and mikuni are the same, Keihin are a little different, but will screw in with a little extra effort. The Dyna does replace the flow tube and needles, so you will have to find the stock ones. I have never had a problem with a dyna jet kits, when put in following the instructions. If you can't find the stock flow tubes and needles, PM me, I should have at least one set from a 98 bandit and a couple of sets from GSXR 1100s. When I use to do a lot of jet kits for other people, I would keep the left over parts and extra jets if that person didn't want them, I have a lot of jets.
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Which Jet Kit??
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »
I'd never heard anything ill ever spoken against Dynojet before I got my Bandit. I've only witnessed posts from folks with B12's complain about dialing them in, which seems to happen more often than folks that claim success. It's possible people with success never say anything at all, but that doesn't seem to be the case with other kits. Complaints from any other B12 kit makers are rare - and if the Bandit boards are any indication, Ivan & Dale sell the most kits for the B12. I have no idea why this one bike seems to be a problem area for Dynojet. I know their kits for the early GSXR 750 & 1100 are very popular, so it's not like the SACS motor kicks their butt - just something about the Bandit?  
:shrug:  :headscratch:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
Which Jet Kit??
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 11:40:59 AM »
I've only installed 1 in a Bandit, so I can't testify either way for the Dyna kit for the Bandit, I do know on other bikes using stage 3 Dyna jet kits, you can't tinker with it, the only thing you can do is use different main jets, other than that, they have to be installed per instructions. I have never use any kits excelp Dyna and Factory, so I can't comment on the others.
The last jet kit I installed on any bike was about three years ago, on a 98 Bandit 1200 and I don't think I have cleaned my garage since then, so I may have the instructions for the dyna jet kit, if that will help.
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline longislandbandit99

• Board Homesteader!
A need to rehash a bit
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 11:39:18 PM »
I know this has been discussed before, but what is it about holeshot that works so great with the Bandit?  Was it designed for the Bandits specifically?  Also if I were to go up a grade and try to fix my carb issues with a holeshot kit, how would I need to modify the exhaust?  Right now the bike has a Micron slip-on and everything else was stock.  If I have to replace the micron so be it, I'll ebay the thing.  After my overheating issue I'm resolved to start a new hobby of cursing at my carburetors.

While we're speaking of carbs, I noticed in the maintenance section of the manual that the fuel hose is supposed to be replaced every 4 years.  What is with that?

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Which Jet Kit??
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 02:24:22 PM »
You don't have to use a Holeshot exhaust with their jet kit. They are designed to compliment each other as they are devoloped together, but his kit will work with other brands, too. Holeshot has a great following in the Bandit community because the owner, Dale, is a big fan of the Bandit and has built a couple of Bandit projects and a B12 powered GS1000 called Frankenzuki that was featured in Cycle World's "American Flyers" a while back. He gives discounts to Bandit riders if they mention Bandit Alley or Maximum Suzuki (where Dale is a member and poster) and he is usually easy to get in touch with for personal troubleshooting should you need it. In short, he's a Bandit fan, just like us.

Ivan, owner of one of the other popular kits, also offers personal over the phone support, but does not participate much in Bandit forums. (He is a member here, but I haven't seen him post in a long time.)

Fuel hoses (and brake/clutch hoses) have a recommended service life due to aging. If your hoses are in good condition, you don't have to change them that often, but the factory is playing things on the safe side. I'm pretty sure you'd find other manufacturers make similar recommendations.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)