Author Topic: Newbie, with a no crank questin  (Read 5013 times)

Offline chitown rider

• New user!
Newbie, with a no crank questin
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 11:58:59 PM »
Well I never got a chance to get the new clutch springs put in or ever really got to ride it.  The previous owner "couldnt find" the title after 2 weeks and didnt seem to think that is was very important. I'm not in the position to risk getting pulled over with no insurance,  registration or worse if he didnt actually own it in the first place!!!Not to mention the parking tickets it could accumulate in the street, they'd probably just tow it and I'd be out everything. Anyways I got my money back and will just have to take it in the chin for all the labor I put into it. I should have known better but it sure would have been a good deal if it went through. Anyways Thanks again for the advice and tips this is a great forum I really appreciated the feedback. I'll miss that bike but maybe I'll rub some nickels together and find a better one down the road from an owner who actually maintained it.
Thanks Again :beers:

Offline 99er

• Board Homesteader!
Newbie, with a no crank questin
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 08:38:26 AM »
Sorry to hear it. You could have gone to the police and had them run the VIN to see if it is listed as stolen. In some states, titles are actually optional. As for my old Honda, it took the state police report, a newspaper ad, and 6 months of New Jersey bureaucracy to finally get a newly minted title in my hand. Here in GA, it's worthless.
Marc/Atlanta
'99 B12