Author Topic: Best crash/tip over/sliding protection for '08 1250S and other must have mods?  (Read 7093 times)

Offline scharfg

• New user!
Hi there newb here, I did a search but could not find what I was looking for so I'm posting a thread.

I just bought a new to me '08 CND Bandit (with the fairing) and with nick name like "Fall Guy" I want to do what I can (within reason) to protect my bike from a fall/crash.

I've protected my KLR, DR350/650 and Vulcan but I've never owned a ST bike before so I'm looking for advice on how to do it to a ST type bike.  Do I just mount up some Twisted throttle engine guards and call it good (like my dual sport/enduro bikes) or are frame sliders enough and if yes do I buy four of them (one set for the front and one for the rear) or?

Are those $15/pair from fleaebay worthy or does one have to spend $50+ for a set?

Also what other mods are a must for the 1250 Bandit (ie; is there a web page I can go to and find out the whats and the hows)?  For example are mirror extenders a must, how about the seat mod (to raise the front, are risers needed (I put risers on all my other bikes to improve riding comfort), hwy bars?

I will be using the bike for long distance touring (ie: 600-800 miles/day), not so much around town.

So far the bike has the following modes:

- Zuk gel seat

- hand warmers

- going to install DL650/1000 hand guards

- Vstream 19" wind screen

- Dale Walker Stage 1

- ATRE

Thanks!