Author Topic: California Bandit Owners...............  (Read 6046 times)

Offline Bandit1250

• Board Homesteader!
California Bandit Owners...............
« on: April 23, 2009, 03:57:35 PM »
Think twice about modding your bikes OR at least keep all your stock parts becasue California WILL be smogging bikes from years 2000 and up within two years....it's a done deal.
If you don't pass smog you don't register.
Just a heads up.
Past Pleasures....all memories
2006 Triumph Sprint ST1050
2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
1984 Honda V651100 Sabre
1986 Kawaski Vulcan 750N
1982 Suzuki GS750EZ
1974 Suzuki GT380 2 stroke street

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: California Bandit Owners...............
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 09:39:14 PM »
Just another reason not to be a Cali resident.  :stickpoke:  :bandit:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 01:02:36 AM »
Besides the obvious justification of the environment, it also generates revenue. They probably figure that anyone with enough money to afford a good enough motorcycle to pass, is a good source of untapped revenues for the state.

Offline Bandit1250

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 10:59:58 PM »
Besides the obvious justification of the environment, it also generates revenue.
Smogging bikes is Bullshit!! That's ALL it's about is revenue for two reasons.
1. Less than 1% of vehicles on the highway are motorcycles so there is minute pollution from them.
2. Many people don't use bikes as there main form of transportation which again means very little pollution.
2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
1984 Honda V651100 Sabre
1986 Kawaski Vulcan 750N
1982 Suzuki GS750EZ

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 02:30:09 AM »
Well I'm not trying to justify it, just pointing out the states possible argument. One of the reasons I retired to the tri-state of AZ is so I could enjoy things like no smog, carrying guns, and riding ATV on the street. However I can still pop into Cali to enjoy all the great things it has to offer without having to live with so many restrictions. If I do get pulled over on my MX dirt bike while camping in Cali, I simply point out that my CR450X is fully licensed, registered and insured legal in the state of AZ and they have to let it slide. Unfortunatly these same restrictions are spreading to every state as our leaders look to Cali as a role model.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 02:39:35 AM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 01:18:15 PM »
Unfortunatly these same restrictions are spreading to every state as our leaders look to Cali as a role model.

Sad, but true.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline lighter223

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 05:41:30 PM »
I hate living in Cali... Stupid democrats like Boxer, Feinstein, and that female body part Puloski....  GOD DAMN them all...

They are ruining everything....  I am not a die hard republican beleive me...  I like both parties...  I just hate the @$$HOLES that try to take away ALL of our liberties like guns, abortion, Off Highway recreation... And their waste of money... It just happens to be mainly women.

Why the hell do they feel the are priveliged to put there big noses in evryones business...

Smog on motorcyles :gloom: :crazy: :wtf: :whip: :thud: :crybaby: :shameshame:

Where did you hear about that smog stuff..?
A boat's a boat, Lois, but the mystery box could be anything. It could even be a boat!  You know how much we've wanted one of those..!

Rember that time we got the mystery box instead of the boat?

Peter, that was 5 minutes ago!

Offline Bandit1250

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 10:45:15 PM »
Gotta' remember to VOTE come election time and VOTE these a-holes out of office that keep costing us more and more money..............
2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
1984 Honda V651100 Sabre
1986 Kawaski Vulcan 750N
1982 Suzuki GS750EZ

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 11:11:11 AM »
I always vote and God willing always will, but unfortunately we are way past the times of turning things around anymore. This country was always been made up of a majority of people with strong convictions, ethics, and resolve.  That majority is now in steep and irrecoverable decline and past the summit of common sense headed fast toward becoming the "Land of the weak and the home of the self disillusioned".  Get ready!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 11:13:10 AM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline momotaro

• New user!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »
(can't hurt to write to your local "rep" and remind them ever so nicely about the possibility of jumping over a dollar to save a dime on this one as well as the specter of a vocal minority of moto heads that will not forget that they got buggered by their rep's vote(s) in the current session... where i live seems like an entire institution was built around this moto-customs --west coast choppers-- and it is probably one of the the larger employers in town, since Boeing is on its way out it can't hurt to remind my particular fool about this important thought...you know "bite the hand that feeds" etc... in my case i figure it helps to appeal to the particular lefty bias of the rep, show them an alternative perspective from their own perspective rather then a simple negative reaction to thier dumbphucked idea. at least this guy actually publishes his stinking email... phone calls are probably in order too...all this is probably farts in the wind but it can't hurt to get busy, alas it may be that we were caught with our pants down, busy riding rather than keepig an eye on these morons just like those with great regret in the gay scene asleep at the wheel last year when prop 8 came out... bottom line : ) no matter who you be these guys cannot be trusted to do the right thing... at least I heard about it here first, many thanks for posting the info!!--wt)

Subject:    Some thoughts on SB 435 from a constituent in Long Beach

Sen Lowenthal
As an independent who has voted for you in more than one election a vote cast in favor of SB 435 will have me giving my support to alternative representatives in the future. 

This unfair and ill-planned legislation was written no doubt by someone unfamiliar with the multifaceted issues at hand including the loss of good paying jobs and state revenue for a return of negligible pollutants and revenue.

To be clear I don't mind paying higher taxes to live in CA.

I DO reject out of touch "safety-zealot" legislation such as SB 435 which targets people who contribute such a tiny fraction of all carbon released in the state. 

Motorcyclists commute to work through an overloaded transport system conserving gasoline, space and emitting negligible carbon and other pollutants compared to those of us who choose to use much heavier and inefficient automobiles.

SB 435 is the very type of sloppy safety-zealot lawmaking which causes the Democratic party to appear so out of touch to the average taxpayer just like the moral-zealot legislation made by those in the GOP. Both parties tend to fall back on these issues to ACT like they are actually doing something rather than actually solving HARD problems. This is the equivalent of a flag burning statute, worse really when you consider all the business lost by the Custom Motorcycle parts and service employers in your district on Anaheim st —TAXABLE business—compared to what my local Mr. Smog (good guy by the way) on Anaheim st. will generate for the state. On one hand you have an employer who creates MANY skilled jobs with good wages by servicing a disproportionately active group of motorcycle enthusiasts (not to mention the some good press for our hometown from over the years) vs. the small benefit to already existing tiny smog check sole proprietor/sole employee outfits. Easy to see the negative impact this would have in a unique district such as our 27th.

Given that this issue also has a more important REAL safety impact as well (mind you I don't ride a loud glitzy Harley, but rather a relatively quiet and inexpensive pragmatic motorbike as transport) it is TRUE that people distracted by phones, food and myriad other commuting safety issues perceive the fragile presence of the motorcyclist which they would otherwise miss without modified exhaust system. This would be different in other countries (Europe, Japan etc) wherein bicycling and motorcycling are common for all walks of life and therefore more care and thought to look out for these modes is a given for a better trained and more strictly regulated auto driving public. Sure enough, some hot rods on two wheels AND four are TOO LOUD and downright obnoxious but as I write this in your district i don't hear the motors of the "wild bunch", rather i hear the constant "Boom Boom" of urban car stereos (yet another argument for modification). In my experience Law enforcement (a group intimately aware of their comrades who ride motorcycles daily in the line of duty) are the best judge of what is too loud on the street and use the many laws already on the books to address this problem intelligently and fairly.

I sincerely hope that you will reach out to your constituents who ride to get to work from places like the 27th district as well businesses who specialize in motorcycle service and parts here and try to understand that the effects of this legislation will have dire consequences for
A. Common-sense Motorcyclists who pride themselves in using a more efficient mode of transport than the vast majority of Californians
B. Motorcycle service and parts businesses unique to your district and to California
C. Legislators who will appear more and more out of touch with their real constituents

Many thanks for your time and attention.

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 01:58:52 AM »
I always vote and God willing always will, but unfortunately we are way past the times of turning things around anymore. This country was always been made up of a majority of people with strong convictions, ethics, and resolve.  That majority is now in steep and irrecoverable decline and past the summit of common sense headed fast toward becoming the "Land of the weak and the home of the self disillusioned".  Get ready!

It's strange that people are only now starting to wake up to what's really going on. There's a movie out on DVD now called "The International" that touches on how the system works. The entities that truly control everything can't be found and hanged because they are totally anonymous, always work behind layers of "facilitators", never live ostentationally, are absolutely ruthless and they've been in control for a long, long, time.

Remember, "those whom the 'gods' would destroy, they make first mad". Sounds about right.

Offline Bandit1250

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 03:29:08 AM »
GOOD NEWS!!!

I heard a report that they cancelled the bill.................for now anyway!  :bigok:
2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
1984 Honda V651100 Sabre
1986 Kawaski Vulcan 750N
1982 Suzuki GS750EZ

Offline momotaro

• New user!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 03:36:39 AM »
A miracle, thanx for the update.
Now if they could just get a sweeping and substantial moron tax passed our fair "golden" state would be "back in black"; but perhaps it's too much to ask the assembly to vote against their best interests...