Author Topic: RaceTech Gold valves and springs  (Read 8852 times)

ywgbandit

RaceTech Gold valves and springs
« on: August 11, 2012, 02:16:00 AM »
I had RaceTech install the gold valves and springs on my 1250 Bandit back in May when I took the forks down to them in California. I just got back from a 1000 mile ride thru the mountains in BC Canada. I went from Cranbrook to Vernon and all thru the Okanagan valley and back. I had my bike scaled before I ordered the springs, and it weighed 285 Kg (628 Lbs) with 3/4 of a tank of gas and my saddlebags  and my Givi 55L top box ready for the road. So I went with there 1.2 springs as I ride 2 up a lot. I can set the pre-load to minimum for riding solo and I only need to crank it in 1-1/2 turns for 2up riding. The difference in the ride quality and handling is dramatic. It eats bumps now that used to jar my neck and I can pick a line and hold it thru any corner. Don't get me wrong, it's not a GSX, but for the type of bike it is, the handling is now amazing and the ride quality is magnitudes better! I don't have chicken strips on my tires anymore! Not cheap, but worth every penny. RaceTech was great to deal with and they turned the forks around in 4 days. Next to the Holeshot/Corbin seat, this is the best mod yet.