Author Topic: Sargent Seat - Imminent Launch  (Read 6484 times)

Offline SteelD

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • Route 66 in 2010
David
Bandit 1250SAK7 Graphite Metallic Blue (YLE)

Offline Ash Tekka

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Sargent Seat - Imminent Launch
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 03:13:03 PM »
Wow, I REALLY like the way that looks.  I wonder if the surface of it will have more grip then the stock one.   I tend to slid around alot.

Offline Andouille

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:27:56 AM »
Today is July 7th and the darn seat release date is July 9th.  I am pre-registered and have not yet received an email from them.  What's up with that?  Anyway, I got tired of waiting and ordered a Corbin with the modification that prevents you from sliding up on the tank.  I have pretty much decided to take advantage of the pre-reg discount and get the Sargent too, then keep the one I like best and sell the other.

Offline Ash Tekka

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 02:58:43 PM »
I'm really curious what the pre reg price vs retail price will be.  If its a considerable amount I may have to order one just to try it...

Offline Ash Tekka

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 02:20:00 PM »
anyone notice they keep pushing the release back by a day? the suspense is killing me :banghead:

Offline Ash Tekka

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 07:21:04 PM »
They updated the site listing the cost and all the options etc you can get when you order it.  I still haven't gotten an email or anything from them about the special discount though.
Retail is $400+ depending on your options.

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 12:43:14 AM »
I got the email today.  I think the jury is still out.  I wish I could sit on one of these before handing over 400 bucks. 
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline Bossk

• Board Regular!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 03:54:23 AM »
I think I'm going to bite the bullet once I'm 100% sure it's the same mount on the 2007  GSF650 as the GSF1250 for the seat.  I got all excited today and tried to order and the promotional code wasn't working, I wrote them and they said they're having trouble with the ecommerce site, but will adjust the order accordingly.

The special price is $356.96
-Jon

Offline Katamaniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 01:10:26 PM »
I think I'm going to bite the bullet once I'm 100% sure it's the same mount on the 2007  GSF650 as the GSF1250 for the seat.  I got all excited today and tried to order and the promotional code wasn't working, I wrote them and they said they're having trouble with the ecommerce site, but will adjust the order accordingly.

The special price is $356.96

So since you know what the price is on the seat, I assume that you got the promotional code. I e-mailed them last week and have not heard a reply. My birthday is coming up in a few weeks, and I asked the misses for one for my birthday.
2006 Honda ST1300

1993 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline Bossk

• Board Regular!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 02:28:03 PM »
Yup, I had it mailed to me the day I posted that topic.  I've got the seat ordered, I just sent them an email with my order # and said fix it up for me, and they adjusted the price.  The promo code wouldn't work in the ordering system, they said they were having problems with the ecommerce setup.

So now I just have to wait 5 to 6 weeks  :banghead:  Kinda sucks cause I'm planning a ride for 4 days around Washington and the west coast.  That would have been the perfect test for my new seat  :grin:
-Jon

Offline Katamaniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 03:10:39 PM »
You mean to tell me that after waiting all those months for Srgent to make a seat, we are now going to have to wait 5-6 weeks for delivery :banghead:
2006 Honda ST1300

1993 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline Bossk

• Board Regular!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 03:25:29 PM »
They said it may come sooner, but they're made to order apparently.  Guess we'll see.
-Jon

Offline Mtntrax

• First Post! Be Gentle!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 10:48:20 PM »
You might be pleasantly surprised. I sure was! Received an email with UPS tracking number and the seat has been shipped. Unfortunately though it will take 6 days to get here. So they are delivering them faster than originally expected. Guess they did crank up production with some extra help like I was told when I ordered it.  :beers:
It's not just the destination, it's the journey.

Offline Bossk

• Board Regular!
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 10:52:29 PM »
Sweet that's good news!  I hope I'm next then :grin:
-Jon

Offline Bossk

• Board Regular!
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 07:00:49 PM »
My seat arrived today!  I ran home to make sure it mounts without issue on the 07 650 and she does!  Then ran back to work to dream about sitting in comfort :(

So hopefully I'll get out tonight or tomorrow and I'll report back.
-Jon