Author Topic: Yoshimura TRS install  (Read 10577 times)

jamala00

Yoshimura TRS install
« on: October 02, 2008, 09:39:32 AM »
I just purchased this slip-on for my 07 1250.. I would guess there are a few of you that already have this slip-on.
Just curious if you followed the instructions to a T, or if you had to do anything not in the instructions..? Also, would
you suggest getting a tuning box and remapping the fuel, or am I good with just the slip-on?

Offline TommyV

• Board Regular!
Re: Yoshimura TRS install
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 05:51:42 PM »
When I installed my Yosh R-77, I just removed the stocker, put the bump stop on the new pipe, put some high temp gasket sealant on the connection, and hooked it up.  The hardest part was getting the damn rubber gasket on the mufller hanger band. 

You don't need a tune, but you'll get some decel popping if you don't plug the PAIR line.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 05:57:52 PM by TommyV »
'08 Black ABS, Yosh R-77, HP Stage 1, Gel seat, 650F bars, HP bar clamp, Chopped rear fender, HP Cat Eyes, Ermax hugger, Rear peg bracket. In the mail- GSG frame sliders, Suzuki touring wind screen.

jamala00

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 06:19:37 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I actually just put this on. I did not put any high temp gasket sealant. I really followed the instructions exactly. What is the PAIR line? Where is it located?

I have to say, the TRS is much lighter then the stock, but when cruising I can't really tell the difference between
the TRS and the stock... Exceleration is a little deeper and throatier, but not much..

Offline TommyV

• Board Regular!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 12:24:50 AM »
You can get the plug from Holeshot Performance.  It's included if you purchase their TFI box.  Here is the link. http://www.holeshot.com/Bandit_1250/1250tfi_installation.html
'08 Black ABS, Yosh R-77, HP Stage 1, Gel seat, 650F bars, HP bar clamp, Chopped rear fender, HP Cat Eyes, Ermax hugger, Rear peg bracket. In the mail- GSG frame sliders, Suzuki touring wind screen.

jamala00

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 09:32:00 AM »
Excellent.. Thanks.. I'll keep that as a note. I have not experienced any decel popping at all yet. If I do,
I will at least know why, and will install this plug. Did you intall a tuning box also? Or do yo just have the Yosh
R-77? What is the sound of yours over stock on excel and cruising?

Offline A1A

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 05:29:14 PM »
I don't mean to take a sale away from HoleShot. But you can go to any Hardware Store and pick up a 3/8" inch tapered rubber plug. Which slips into the Pair hose to eliminate exhaust popping on deccel. 
It's my opinon, but I don't think it is necessary to remap the fuel system. After installing an aftermarlet slip-on muffler.

Richard
07 Red Bandit 1250S
05 Blue DL650
04 Yellow SV650N
00 Copper/Black VS1400 Intruder
58 HD Sportster H

jamala00

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 05:35:49 PM »
Ya, I actaully was just out bumbing around.. I was taking my bike up to 6000+ RPMs and then just letting off the gas.
I am not experiencing any decel popping. So for now I think I will just leave well enough alone. I know holeshot has some
audio clips of his exhaust, but I wish I had my bike and one with the holeshot to hear the difference. Audio files don't always give the exact picture. I listend to one of the TRS on YouTube, but I think it is quite different in person...

Offline snofrog

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 09:07:23 PM »
Ya, I actaully was just out bumbing around.. I was taking my bike up to 6000+ RPMs and then just letting off the gas.
I am not experiencing any decel popping. So for now I think I will just leave well enough alone. I know holeshot has some
audio clips of his exhaust, but I wish I had my bike and one with the holeshot to hear the difference. Audio files don't always give the exact picture. I listend to one of the TRS on YouTube, but I think it is quite different in person...

did you take out the quiet insert on your trs ?
oo b12 s
thank`s Ivan
z/g smoke sr
yosh ss can
crg bar end mirrors

jamala00

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 09:11:07 AM »
No, I didn't even know that was an option.... How do you take that out.. I wouldn't mind seeing what it sounds like with it out.

Offline snofrog

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 07:41:09 PM »
No, I didn't even know that was an option.... How do you take that out.. I wouldn't mind seeing what it sounds like with it out.

look in the noisy end of the pipe . see one or two screws ? take them out and pull out the inner sleeve  :thumb:. Mark
oo b12 s
thank`s Ivan
z/g smoke sr
yosh ss can
crg bar end mirrors

jamala00

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 09:41:34 PM »
Well I just went out and checked. There is one screw on the bottom of the exhaust. I took that out, and a 5" or so
insert came out. Ya, its louder. I'll have to take it for a ride if it warms up here and see what the difference really is.
I want to get Dale's TFI and stage 1 tune-up to go with it, but there is not enough riding time left this year in WI.

Spring...!!

Thanks.. I don't recall that even being in the install instructions..

Offline snofrog

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 10:03:30 PM »

Thanks.. I don't recall that even being in the install instructions..

:beers:
oo b12 s
thank`s Ivan
z/g smoke sr
yosh ss can
crg bar end mirrors

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 10:32:02 PM »
With the B1250's smooth performance box stock, I have been reluctant to make any modifications. The only reason I am considering a slim RS3 Yosh can to replace the stock tree truck exhaust, is because I keep burning and branding my right leg calf and I have the nasty pyramid scare to prove it. The same thing would occasionally happen on my B1200 when backing up strattling the bike but the slimmer can took care of the problem permanently. Still debating between the new can and future leg branding.

Offline ProudBandit

• New user!
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 01:42:09 PM »
By not blocking of the PAIR line and getting popping noises like I do, Is it harmfull to the engine like valves etc?

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 04:25:37 PM »
No.  It's just vapors burning off in the pipe.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)