Author Topic: bandit 1200s  (Read 21111 times)

Offline philwa

• New user!
bandit 1200s
« on: February 12, 2014, 03:54:05 AM »
hi everyone first post here ,I just bought a 2002 bandit 1200 s in good condition but when i went for a ride for 10 minutes over 100 kph the handlebar has a vibration that makes feeling in hand numb ,not good ,what could it be carbies not synced  and was thinking of a holeshot jet kit put throw it seeing as i have to get the carbies worked on anyway
cheers Phil :motorsmile:

Offline jra61

• Giant Squid (genus: Architeuthis)
  • TURBO TYPER!
  • Time to get Wrench'n
Re: bandit 1200s
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 02:46:32 PM »
Hi,  :welcome: My 99' B12 has the same vibration. From what I've read a noticeable amount of vibration is to be expected. There are threads on this topic here on the alley, on the UK site, and I think it's mentioned on Fast Larry's page. :grin:
B12sx - Stock, My 1st Suzuki

Offline philwa

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 03:15:46 AM »
bugger me im getting carpal tunnel in my wrist and here i am blaming my beautiful bandit :0

Offline gjm

• First Post! Be Gentle!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 04:43:05 PM »
Couple of things to try (if you're still having this problem): fill the bars with lead shot. There are commercial products available, but in NZ lead is probably cheaper! The shot helps to dampen the vibrations.
The other thing is to check the carbs are correctly adjusted. This can exacerbate vibration issues - standard, by-the-book, settings are often not enough - wind them out one more turn.

Other than that, 100km/h is about 4-4500rpm and there is vibration from the 1200 at that engine speed.
GSF1200S(X), GSXR USD forks, shock and brakes

Offline ventYl

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 11:31:36 AM »
I've read that B6 has steel ballast mounted on frame in place of front fork head (near the place where front fork is mounted to frame). Some guys tend to remove it in hope the bike earns some agility but the ballast has it's purpose: eliminates the vibrations in handles.

I assume that B12 should have similar ballast mounted on similar place. If it is there then additional ballast mounted at the end of handlebars may eat some of vibrations too.

While engine is mounted transversely to the bike axis even despite large engine displacement I would blame the engine as the very last element. But IFF vibrations are engine RPM dependant and not speed dependant they may come from engine. Try to do same speed on various gears to see if it is always there and if yes try to search for problem out of engine. Maybe wrong front or rear tyre?
Bandit 400 1991 - stock except of swap from GK75B to GK75A