Author Topic: Yep still kicken  (Read 10710 times)

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Yep still kicken
« on: May 13, 2010, 03:22:42 AM »
Well Hi there folks, yes it has been a long long time indeed, and lots and lots of water has passed under the bridge. So without going in to too many details, I'm a single man again,  :banghead:  enjoying the church of the highway more than ever.  :trustme:  Living a very simple life, fitter and leaner than I have been for to many years.  :rofl: I still have 2 of my bikes, the FZ1 and the Zrx. The angry wasp (FZ1) proving to be an exception bit of kit, handles (so light and nibble, no more man handling like the Zrx for an old man like me that's gotta be a good thing, particularly on the roads I like to play on)stops, better than anything I've ever ridden before, and goes. Wow does it go, with a 150hp claimed not proven on a dyno, it's so smooth, doesn't come on like an off on switch, is totally ridable at 2,000rpm ,in top around town, yet explore the regions above 6000rpm, all the way to the redline and you know your riding a sports bike, dressed in sheeps clothing  :clap: (ok you kiwi's put it back in your pants, not that sort of riding no velcro here). Its tiny little seat proving to me to being one of the best touring seats on a stock motorcycle, I've sat my ass on. Can easily cover 1000k,s in 10 hours, with only the last 2 hours of boring free way riding being a bit of a pain.
She's in at the shop, for her 11000k service, 2 new tyres (yes of course I'm fitting Shinko's 005 front 009 rear.) changing the front sprocket from 17 tooth to 16, and having a speedo healer fitted.
I've drag raced it, stock standard, running solid 11.85's at 122mph.all day. (Mind you I think the stock gearing slowed my times a bit, as it redlines in first gear at a stupendous 151kph (93mph) indicated, so it will be of interest to see if the times drop with the new front sprocket.)  I've track dayed it at the Phillip island GP track (Never ridden the track before) with a best time of 2m.13s still in stock trim bar the stock mirrors being removed and bar ends fitted. Must admit to 2 big ass puckering moments but, 1 being, tipping in way too early to turn 13 onto the main straight, and riding the ripple strip on the exit then sliding off it on to the dirt  :yikes:, and the other pushing into haysheild to early again and losing the back end, managed the catch it, but I ended up in the kittie litter,  :yikes: for a ride of my life, didn't put it down but for a moment or two, I was thinking it was going to end in tears. So I have a theory, called the pucker theory, It's the vacuum created between ones butt hole and the seat, combined with the velocity of ones body, stopping the bike from falling over. Works for me, it's either that or skill.  :bigok: But alias, to be honest, I can not wait to have it paid off, so I can rid of it, it was my wedding present,  :duh: and like a ball and chain, it needs to be shed, but there is good news, rumour has it that in 2012 the FZ1 will be fitted with the big bang engine,(a la the same engine fitted to this years YZF R1 but retuned of course) and when pray-tell will the loan on the Angry wasp be paid off, yeha dec 2011. The plan at this very point is not to go for the N model again, but the S. With long distance touring on my mind, the S with a centre stand standard, and a half fairing, looks like fitting the bill, with Givi topbox and hard case saddle bags. Also any mods I had planned for the wasp, like pipes, can, power commander, sub throttle plates, have been put aside, for the newer beast when it hits the shores of Oz.
I promise to drop in time to time to say hello, to give our members who profess, that loud pipes don't save lives  :stickpoke: a bit more curry, and a right royal shyte stir, and or course brag about my exploits on board the Angry Wasp. Hey Aussie Bandit will catch up with ya's soon for a weekend with the service done, and some good tyres, I'll be heading your way looking for fun.  :motorsmile:  :beers:
Time to sign off, now you all be good to each other and play nicely.
Cheers Mick. :bandit:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Yep still kicken
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 10:03:33 AM »
 :thanks: for checking in, Mick.... Always good to hear from you regardless what you're riding these days (motorcycle wise, anyway...  :stickpoke:)
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 07:31:01 AM »
Hi folks.
Just popped in to say gday. :trustme:
Well I must say the angry wasp, is a much better ride since the last service :yikes:
The 16 tooth front drive sprocket has livened things up a tad.
The speedo healer, well its nice to know what speed one is actually doing well before Mr plod steps out from behind a tree, with a hair dryer raised. And with the shinkos on and bedded in, life is all good, I didn't realize how bad those Dunlops really are.
And the man you guys state side love to hate (Matt Maladin) fixed me up with a loverly yoshi pipe, pazzo levers exup eliminator, and a few other goodies. oophs so much for keeping it stock :duh: And the lads at my favorite dyno shop, are soon to be fitting a power commander pc111 and auto tune, and five maps to suit any mood I may find myself in. :thumb: and of course remove the secondary flies  :grin:
So the plan is now for 2012 to hit the Isle of Man for the TT and ten weeks in the mother country, speed week, north western 200 and to catch up on a few Moto Gp's and WSBK race meets. And to buy a Spondon or Harris or even a Martech framed bike to ride around on, then ship it back to Oz when finished. :beers:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 11:12:57 AM »
And the man you guys state side love to hate (Matt Maladin)

Who is that?  As a Suzuki fan, there's an Ozzie I admire that goes by the name of Mat Mladin.  :stickpoke:

:beers: on the new and upcoming mods.  :bigok:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 11:26:56 PM »
Hi there Guys and Gals.
Hope we all had a great festive season :thumb: :beers:
Ain't kicken so well at the moment,long long story, but lets just leave it as, no I didn't fall of my bike, but I've cracked the bone in my shin :duh:
But I did manage to run the angry wasp at the drags boxing day. Managed to cut .82 off my previous best. Now sitting just outside the 10's with a 11.03. :clap:
But alias since then, had bone scans and more x rays and now off the bike for another 3 to maybe 6 weeks, ye olde bones don't mend as quick when one is 50 odd :annoy:
Therefore I'll be missing out on the Redback tourers Snowy Mountain run on the weekend :banghead:
But all in all life's been pretty damn good.
Hope everybody is well and keepin it shiny side up. :motorsmile:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 01:38:44 PM »
Heal quickly m8!

Congrats on bettering your time.  :beers:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)