Author Topic: 2007 BOSS Spring Rally?  (Read 45361 times)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2007, 10:54:06 AM »
Beer! Always a good choice! I'm limited on what i can lug up there so that sounds good for me too! Then again how far does one have to go to get some up there?? Local moonshine only or cans in the cooler @ the local Chavez'z circled K! :duh:

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2007, 11:34:51 PM »
i think it is about 40 miles round trip to get beer? i hope i have some room to get some in my bag at a gas stop close to suches. washed the bike quick today. and lubed the cables, chain, kickstand. bled the brakes, bike is now ready. oh yeah i had to replace a headlight that went out the other day. just did the set and kept the old good one as a spare. got a set of tail light bulbs also good thing one went out today when i washed the bike. i think i hit it to hard when i pulled it out to check?! :duh:  so all said and done bike is NOW ready to ride down. see ya in a few days.
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline hollylmh

• New user!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2007, 03:26:12 PM »
Folks, we are at site 15 at Lake Winfield Scott, 6 miles east of TWO. Looking forward to seeing all.  I must confess I forgot to bring my raffle prize, the black lower extrimities protector -- I've used it so often I can believe I forgot to throw it in the bag!!  So I brought a MP3 [the kind one rides], but it is not in the raffle!!

Holly
[used to be Bandit Wing2]
Laban M. Hollingsworth

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
Ball Protector Missing?
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2007, 07:20:11 PM »
:wtf: Well, darn Laban, I guess you'll just have to ride on the winning raffle person's tank backwards using your hands as replacements!  :lol:

I'll pass on winning that!  :motorsmile:

Less than 24 hours - YAHOO!
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!

Offline hollylmh

• New user!
Wrong way [again]
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2007, 05:29:28 PM »
I think I met the fellows already here heading east on GA 180 as I was headed TOWARDS TWO this morning.  So as usual I was headed the wrong way again.  Being on the 250, I decided not to catch up -- didn't want to make them feel bad!

Holly
Laban M. Hollingsworth

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2007, 10:05:45 PM »
But how was breakfast this morning? Your directions were spot on! Got back in my drive way here in Port orange in 8 hrs, 575 miles and i don't care what Rob says it is! Got here @ 6pm Left the camp @10am.A few pics from this morning, and if The folk from the great white north happen to look in here! The phone # to the Nine NO worky! Hope yawl havin a good time and maybe you and the crew hooked up. Hard to call with no phone service up there where we were! I'm home now Dan, but don't have a clue what their plans are for the rest of their stay. Ps Deals Gap was jammed even on Thursday.

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2007, 06:57:22 AM »
Wish I could have joined ya,no mishaps or tickets by anyone I hope. I put in a couple 12 hr days and a 8,got a bunch of tile in and grouted. Hope to make it next time.
                :motorsmile: Dan

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2007, 10:35:05 AM »
Wow i thought i made the trip back in darn quick time but map quest says a granny could do it in less!!!

High Valley Airpark: 706-747-2037
12361 Wolf Pen Gap Rd, Suches, GA 30572, US
Revise | New Directions

Port Orange, FL 32128, US
Revise | New Directions

Total Est. Time:  8 hours, 23 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 525.48 miles

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Rally
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2007, 05:19:14 PM »
Friday afternoon on the way into Dahlonega Fondon & Speedy got tickets for passing in a no passing zone. The deputy dog that pulled Speedy over was a TOTAL DICK! He was ranting & cussing at Speedy & threatening to throw him in jail! To make matters worse Speedy & Fondon have to go to court! The deputy said any tickets on a bike the judge makes you go to court! We talked to some people at TWO & Frank at High Valley & that is a common ticket down in that part of GA. Earlier on Friday on 60 a northbound VStrom hit some gravel in a right hander & went down. His bike slid into a south bound FZ1 rider taking him out & totalying the FZ1. The Yamaha rider was down in the middle of the road when we came upon the scene. He had injured his shoulder & was taken away in an ambulance.
  Thursday we rode the Dragon & Skyway. The store at the crossroads was packed with bikes. It looked like a weekend day. There was a motorcycle cop following a couple of TN. DOT vans up & down the Dragon. They were doing a safety survey or something. Tail of the Dragon says that they were there to check on the semi truck problem. With all this going on you couldn't really get a run in on the Dragon. Our trip across the Skyway was great, with almost no traffic & no cops.
  Fondon left Saturday morning & I left  shortly after him. 600 miles & 12 hours later I got home. Sore & with a shagged rear tire.
 I think that there was a total of about 10 riders that showed for the rally.
  Hope everybody makes it home safe & ticket free.
Kent 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa

Offline doublenaughtspy

• Board Homesteader!
Rally
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2007, 02:51:22 PM »
Glad to hear no one from the board got caught up in the carnage.  I'm embarrassed for the way SpeedyT and Fondon were treated, but I'm hearing more and more of that.  Those tickets will likely be $200 or more.  There's probably something constitutionally flawed in making fines higher because of the type of vehicle cited, but the court is likely banking on the fact that no one wants to take the time to find out.  How about that new asphalt on GA 19?  Like a friggin billard table.  I rode about 250 miles though the N GA area on Tuesday knowing that I couldn't make the weekend and now I understand the chalk posting at TWO from Holly.  You guys really picked the perfect weather, too.  Maybe the next gathering can see things back to normal with the group....maybe Pete will be in a position to get back in the game....maybe Ross Perot will run for president again :bomb:   We can hope, eh.  Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

'Spy

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2007, 12:17:55 AM »
back home safe. uh dont worry i have a few cards up my sleeve for the popo down there. i ran into a biker lawers real good friend on sat. he love cases like this. funny how the same ticket in a car can be mailed in, and ALL bike tickets no mater what for have to appear. gonna cal in and see if my fine can be mail if not i will be back down with the biker layer in july. funny how my money pays that pricks  house payment and they still get off treating you like crap. the younger sherrif was ok but the one who pulled my over needs a reminder to be less of a dick when dealing with people. might be the last time for me for a rally in this area. funny how our biker money feeds the city where this happened, and they treat bikers like crap there. almost seems like they want to drive them away, which would cause huge losses in there incomes. well its working cause i plan to get this ticket taken care of and dont care to have anything to do with the area again afterwards.
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline FONDON

• Board Regular!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2007, 01:23:36 PM »
Made It back ok, still bummed out about the ticket, hopfully they will let us mail it in.

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2007, 02:04:16 PM »
Had a great time, made it back fine.........Hope the tickets workout okay for both of you. Sorry I didnt get a chance to say goodbye to the Robinson Clan. High Point for me was seeing Grant blow bye all of us on his V-Strom up the dirt road past us. Looked liked a pocessed wild man, was awesome. I pulled out my camera and got a pic, but all you see is dust. Low point was obviously the tickets. I liked High Valley, but maybe we should pick a different place next time, away from the ticket hungary coppers. I will post some pics soon. All in all I logged about 2400 miles in 5 days,,,,,,,,,not to shabby.
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline doublenaughtspy

• Board Homesteader!
No Return
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2007, 10:17:31 PM »
Another option would be to try to rally in the week instead of the weekend.  I didn't see a single LEO on Tuesday.  How about everyone does a little geographic research in their area and maybe come up with a few new places.  Others can exchange these ideas and take a 'research ride' through the year.
  :taz:
I hate that this beautiful area caters to the drunkards on cruisers (mostly HD) types, but there are many examples of squids making themselves a pain in the a$$, too.  Those seem to take the pressure off the drunks and non-riding fools that fill the towns on the weekends and dump tons of cash.  Sometimes we don't see the forest for the trees.  
Hope to see you guys around.   :motorsmile:

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BAR/BOSS Rally
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2007, 09:53:21 PM »
YEHAH!  Great time riding with you guys!  367 miles on Thurs, 125 on Fri, and 267 on Sat.  Sorry all of you did not make it Sat - the great scenery made up for our buddies' tickets and witnessing the fallen rider on Fri.  My flat tire caused a delay Sat but with the help of Roamr, Bear, Grant and Bruiser we were back on the road before too long.  Thanks for all of your help, guys!

We hit 180 from the east at dark and my dark shield and crummy Bandit headlights (What headlights?) made it hard for me in front but Roamr and then Bruiser zoomed by giving me some forward perspective and then Grant and Bear sandwiched me between their bright lights and no problem!

I'll try to get pictures and the video on here soon.  Take care.  
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!