Author Topic: 2007 BOSS Spring Rally?  (Read 44697 times)

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« on: December 19, 2006, 04:49:21 AM »
It seems to me it is time to start talking about a 2007 BOSS rally. I'm wondering what everybody else is thinking about this,as Pete is busy with his truck driving job from Hell. I'm thinking sometime before Memorial day, as usual, and I'm open to suggestions on the location. TWO,BRMC or someplace else. Any input would be great. We might want to call it a Bandit Alley Rally,since alot of the regulars aren't on Bandits anymore.
Kent 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 05:53:32 PM »
Good name Kent  Bandit Alley Rally. Abbreviated- B.A.R. :grin:  
 Any place is fine with me. I think the 2nd or 3rd weekend in May is good as always. Even though its far for me, I kinda miss T.W.O.    Great roads,,,,,,,all the way to the dragon.  Pete, hope you can make it. Maybe you need to start laying down some foundation for a good lie to get time off :lol:  To maybe help Pete out with the raffle, Maybe each person attending the rally can bring an item they can donate to the raffle. The Robinson brothers sure helped out last Rally, Thanks. We could have one hell of a raffle with this idea.
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline aussiebandit

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 08:31:09 PM »
I suggested this last year, how about a Rally or at least a get together in Oz.

B6Mick (with The Minister of War) and myself (with The Treasurer) usually meet up once a year at the Redback Once Bitten Rally held at Humula (NSW) in March. I believe the dates this year are 16-18 March - but I will confirm the dates a little later.
AUSSIEBANDIT (MICK)
02B12

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool"

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 02:29:56 AM »
i still think we need to do the bandit owers north east rally. lets get some riders for even a weekend in south east ohio say a over night ride. if there is a rally this spring i will try to make it. i just need to get a trailer to pull with the new car(yes it has a hitch on it for some reason?) would be fun to have the bike and the gti turbo to hit the roads when it rains. and it always rains atleast one day right? i will have to see if i have the time from work and can slip out for a weekend this spring.

mike
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
Re: 2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 04:32:07 PM »
Quote from: "banditnek"
It seems to me it is time to start talking about a 2007 BOSS rally. We might want to call it a Bandit Alley Rally,since alot of the regulars aren't on Bandits anymore.

Kent, I still have my little bandit, but it's for track days only.
The DR is my adventure bike and I'm holding out for an '07 Triumph Tiger to become my street ride. Of course, my vote for a rally point is TWO and not because it's only 56 miles from home, but rather because it's central to some very fine roads. Happy holidays.
~lloyd in atlanta
  Doing my best in the Southern Appalachians  to uphold the honor of Bandit riders everywhere.

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 06:47:32 AM »
:banana:  I was waiting for someone to start this up. I had a great time at the last one(my 1st). I'd like to get in on a southern OH too. While working in St.Clairsville last sumer I was riding just about every day after work. The hotel we were at had the roof hang out over the walk way so I could park it right in front of my room window. Met and had a couple of beers with Justin Mees folks on there way to Lima.
  Also, have to still add chalks & tie downs to my trailer but could haul another bike to the rally if I don't have to go too far out of my way. I was glad the bike was in the van on the way home from the last rally. It was a cold steady rain on the way home.       Dan

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 08:20:44 AM »
Correction: Thats Jared Mees as in Jamin'Jared Mees

Offline ZillaX

• TURBO TYPER!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 09:30:58 AM »
I would love to check this rally out.  Where ever it is held, you can count me in!  It would be a blast to  meet some of the people on here.  Hope to see a bunch of you there!
07 1250S Bad in Black!
84 Nighthawk 650
72 Honda CB 500F

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
2007 B. A. R.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 08:53:32 PM »
:thanks: Yeah, that's a good name.  Going to BOSS was great but it's even better going to the BAR.  :beers:

How about the Iron Horse Lodge in Stecoah?  Close to the Dragon, Cherohala, BRP, Wayah, Excaliber, and others.  And the folks there really put out their brand of hospitality.  Camping, rooms, bunk house (For all you Brokeback Bike Boys!), cabins, trout stream, bonfires.  Breakfast every AM if you like and great dinners, huge lodge main room with computer, TV, big screen, videos, pool table, etc.

I know Iron Horse denotes a different bike style but all types stay at IHL.  You may be awakened by "ALL NOISE, NO GO", but they'll be back in 15 minutes and we'll be gone all day.

The Robinson Riders stayed there for 2 weeks a couple of summers ago and we loved its proximity to the backroads we love.  Pulled a few pranks on some Harley boys, nothing serious.  Shot off fireworks mortars, fished and waded in the creek but most of all got in tons of good rides.

One idea for the raffle - Bring an item, get to draw for an item!

It will be a shame if we break our BOSS/BAR tradition!
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 09:08:03 PM »
Sounds good to me, I bet the HD riders are fun as hell to party with.
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
Hey Roamer!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 09:37:50 PM »
:beers: What's up, Bandit Amigo?  Sure glad to see your post.  It's a shame we seem to have lost our feerless leader Pete.  In his honor, the name change to B.A.R. seems appropriate!  :bigdrink:  

I do think we can have a great rally.  Brother Grant & I were talking about it today.  Let's see if the interest is strong so... Please all you former and future BOSS/BAR attendees, speak up!
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!

Offline daniel1

• TURBO TYPER!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 03:29:46 AM »
Hey, can Canucks come to this shin-dig?
73 Guzzi Eldo runs great
74 Guzzi Eldo project bike
01 b1200 1216 kit,gsxr cams, ported, stage 2 jetting, pod filters, corbin seat, brock/hindle full system, cogent dynamics shock

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 10:39:55 AM »
Sure! Any board member can come.  :beers:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline daniel1

• TURBO TYPER!
2007 BOSS Spring Rally?
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 02:51:42 PM »
http://www.thetreetops.com/index.html
Treetops and The Ridge Vacation Rental, Graham County NC 828-479-8400

These are a couple of options if enough people interested and its in the general area of the dragon.
73 Guzzi Eldo runs great
74 Guzzi Eldo project bike
01 b1200 1216 kit,gsxr cams, ported, stage 2 jetting, pod filters, corbin seat, brock/hindle full system, cogent dynamics shock

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
BOSS/BAR 2007
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 07:48:42 PM »
:?: Hey Dan, is that you from Cloud 9?  Sure you Canucks can come...in fact we insist...but only if you bring that hi-octance C-beer!  :bigdrink:

I think the local law is looking for you guys anyway!

:cop:  :suzmoto:
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!