Author Topic: 2008?  (Read 44918 times)

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
2008?
« on: January 11, 2008, 05:43:07 AM »
  Anyone start thinking about the next rally yet? I missed last years, had too much work going at the same time.But I sure would like to go this year. As much as I'd like to try and stay ahead of Roamer(if he makes it), I may be taking my wife along.Not only would it be good for us to do something together, but it might keep me from getting tickets too. Any thoughts on where to hold the rally? 

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Re: 2008?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 08:51:06 AM »
Well Smoother U are just the person to get it started! It will give those of you in the North some stuff to ponder! The group kinda desolved looks like and needs a Rally to jump start it for this new year.

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 10:30:05 AM »
  I liked the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground,although I didn't go to any of the other places to compair to. But it was casual,inexspensive,and right off the Blue Ridge mnt. pkwy. But I'm game for whereever,the roads down that way are awsome.If the dragon is busy or highly patroled,theres plent of other roads to ride. I liked WarWoman road with the exception of some loose gravel in some spots.
   I believe Zen Man offered to have it at his place in the past.(not trying to impose Zen Man) That would be a heck of a hike for me,but might draw some of the Texas,Ariz.,ect. into the mix.
  Time: anytime in the spring is tough for me,new houses to tile,alot of work going on. But I believe its the best time just befor the summer starts.
  Any ideas anyone?      Dan

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 07:48:27 AM »
Count me in. My favorite places over the years is BRMC and T.W.O. I'll pretty much go anywhere though. Would love to see the gang again.
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 04:23:44 PM »
Count me in. My favorite places over the years is BRMC and T.W.O. I'll pretty much go anywhere though. Would love to see the gang again.
Yep sounds so good sitting here but is getting harder to jump up and do these days. I thought i saw posters of you and triple on the Post Office wall there in T.W.O. Delongna was it?  Hope the new year treats all good!

Offline speedytriple

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 08:43:04 PM »
hey all just found the boards again was lost in limbo for a bit. i dont know if i can make it to the rally this year. unless its with in a days ride to do a weekend only? got a new bike since the last rally also. picked up a 06 cbr 1000rr new left over. its silver and grey. triple is still with me for now. but will be for sale by spring. hope to see ya all again this season sometime.
Mike
Berea, Ohio
2000 speed triple
2002 VW gti 1.8t

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 09:44:38 PM »
:taz:I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!  Any time except the first weekend in May - I'm riding the 2-day AMA Suzuki Dual=Sport Event in Renfro Valley, KY.

Let's do it again! :bigok:

Rob
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!

Offline Hydrogen

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 12:08:24 AM »
Hey guys. It's been a loooong time since I've been on. (3 sites ago?)

What's the status of a rally this year? when is good for people and how much heads up do you all need?

Being just South of Suches I'd recommend this area all day long. There are, however, a couple rides I want to explore in West (By God) Virginia.

-H

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 07:18:16 AM »
  I know Rob is always ready for a bike road trip,and he could probably convince a brother or 2 to come along. I kinda dropped the ball when my check book needed replentished. I might get a cabin for the Mrs.and myself July 1-3 (our 32nd aniversery is on the 3rd)in Ararat, NC. Don't know anything about the roads there,but its off the Blue Ridge Parkway. And they have a winery there too. I figured no need for me to head all the way down to Deals Gap,less time to get where I'm going and less gas to get there.And I'll be riding double. (500 miles for me to Ararat)  I called for vacancy,the 30th was booked,at the vineyard cabin that I found. And I've just been trying to knock my charge card down abit befor putting some back on. Probably shouldn't wait too long or it won't be vacant.  Theres a few cabins for rent,the Vineyard Cabin has a hot tub,kitchen,satalite tv,fireplace,looks pretty nice and secluded.@ 130. per night. Really more $ than I was hoping to spend,but a hotel room cost that much and seeing that its our aniversy I thought it would be cool.  If anyone would like to meet up and  ride ,have a couple beers and socialize that would be cool. But the Aniversy date kinda set my time schedule. :beers:  Dan

Offline Hydrogen

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 03:09:27 AM »
ah, I can't do that weekend myself. I'm up for most others though.
-H

Offline icemakk

• Board Homesteader!
    • My web site
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 09:32:01 PM »
  I liked the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground,although I didn't go to any of the other places to compair to. But it was casual,inexspensive,and right off the Blue Ridge mnt. pkwy. But I'm game for whereever,the roads down that way are awsome.If the dragon is busy or highly patroled,theres plent of other roads to ride. I liked WarWoman road with the exception of some loose gravel in some spots.
   I believe Zen Man offered to have it at his place in the past.(not trying to impose Zen Man) That would be a heck of a hike for me,but might draw some of the Texas,Ariz.,ect. into the mix.
  Time: anytime in the spring is tough for me,new houses to tile,alot of work going on. But I believe its the best time just befor the summer starts.
If you are up for some Canadian Rockies the best motorcycle campground is here:
http://www.toadrockcampground.com/
I already run an event there
http://www.kgbcomedy.com/
 :bigok:
A trip east is a bit far for me this year.
Once I thought I was wrong...but I was mistaken.

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 06:40:41 AM »
  I'd need more time & $ to make it that far,but it looks cool.
  I have the vineyard Cabin for the wife & I on July 1st & 2nd,the 3rd was booked. So we'll bug out or go somewhere else after lunch on the 3rd. Looking foward to it,I've put in 12 hr work days all week and have another long week ahead of me coming up. And a new house waiting for my return. The get-away with my woman should be great.    Dan

Offline Hydrogen

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 12:38:21 PM »

But doesn't it... snow up there? Being from Florida originally, I hibernate when I get close to places that could have snow at one point during the year.

Offline icemakk

• Board Homesteader!
    • My web site
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 06:43:37 PM »

But doesn't it... snow up there? Being from Florida originally, I hibernate when I get close to places that could have snow at one point during the year.

LMAO
Yes it snows....if you hang around long enough. Don't worry, our summers get hot enough for even the softest southern dwellers!! I'll lend you my electric vest if need be. I use it when riding in the 34F-48F range. Everything else is just a day out riding.
 :stickpoke:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:15:29 AM by Red01 »
Once I thought I was wrong...but I was mistaken.