Author Topic: SACS Bandits ROCK!!  (Read 3892 times)

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
SACS Bandits ROCK!!
« on: November 01, 2008, 08:53:41 PM »
Posted this over at ADV Rider but thought it would be worth posting here as well  :thumb:

So I have a 06 B12S that has been waaaay to much of a garage queen. Its my only bike at the moment and I've been thinking of selling it because I just haven't ridden it much. Get ready for it, 4800kms since Oct 06 Well I took it out for a run today before getting it ready for Winter and man if this thing doesn't continue to get my blood flowing. It has a Muzzy full exhaust, Holeshot Stage 1 and 5* timing advancer and let me tell you there is nothing like the sound of an air cooled inline 4 WFO Then there's the rush of blasting through a few gears on an open road with no other traffic to interfere...Anywho it was a great day for a ride. 14C, no bugs, sun low and to the south...being out on the road was soul restoring.

Guess I'll close my rambling by saying that the mighty Bandit can rest safely knowing that it has a home for the next few years at least. My work situation has changed making weekend romps much easier so hoepfully it'll start racking up many more miles starting in the Spring
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: SACS Bandits ROCK!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 07:20:00 AM »
  Havn't had mine out much lately either, not since archery season started. But when I do take it ot for a spin,it sure seems to love the colder air.The cold dense air really wakes her up!

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 02:29:58 PM »
My work situation has changed making weekend romps much easier so hoepfully it'll start racking up many more miles[/u][/i] starting in the Spring

Does this mean you're planning a trip south of the border?  :bandit:  :motorsmile:
You know you're bike will still register in km's down here...  :stickpoke:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 04:05:58 PM »
My work situation has changed making weekend romps much easier so hoepfully it'll start racking up many more miles[/u][/i] starting in the Spring

Does this mean you're planning a trip south of the border?  :bandit:  :motorsmile:

LOL, I'm hoping to hit some twisties in Washington state next year...we'll see how that goes  :motorsmile: I'm old enough to have been brought up in miles....this whole metric stuff is still a PITA...how the heck are you supposed to use L/100kms :duh:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 02:55:40 PM »
how the heck are you supposed to use L/100kms :duh:

I guess it's what you get used to, eh?  I always wondered why they couldn't go by KPL instead.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 03:09:23 PM »
how the heck are you supposed to use L/100kms :duh:

I guess it's what you get used to, eh?  I always wondered why they couldn't go by KPL instead.

Exactly...you know you have a 20L tank, you know you get 20km/L its easy to figure out your range...L/100km takes a calculator to figure out how far you can get on a tank...lets see I have 20L of fuel, I use 4.2L/100km so I uh divide by...no add...screw it go with mpg and miles its easier :wink:

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 01:07:33 AM »
Jamie: Keep me posted on your proposed trips Stateside. I retired at the end of October and if all goes well I'll be able to get a LOT of saddle time next season. Finally....the payoff.....hopefully. :grin: :grin:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 11:39:00 PM »

LOL, I'm hoping to hit some twisties in Washington state next year...we'll see how that goes  :motorsmile: I'm old enough to have been brought up in miles....this whole metric stuff is still a PITA...how the heck are you supposed to use L/100kms :duh:

I know you're putting us on, so I'll return the favor: There's 3.79 liters in a gallon and there's 62.1 miles in 100 KM (approximately). BUT! Didn't Canada use the Imperial Gallon before switching to the Metric system? That was a PITA too when I visited my cousins in Hamilton. I had an Export Volvo while stationed in France, so I had the reverse of the problem you're having now.  A little practice, and you'll be doing it in your head, trust me.