Author Topic: Taller Windshield for 1250? HELP!  (Read 24644 times)

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
Taller Windshield for 1250? HELP!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 09:20:38 PM »
Zenman wrote: I called TwTh today and they said they got a big shipment in yesterday and my windshield should be in it. Could ship by tomorrow, might have it by Saturday.

Mattdaddy wrote: I ordered a Laminar Lip for my bandit, but haven't installed it yet. When I ordered it, the 'touring' version was not listed as being compatible with the 1250s otherwise I would have ordered that one.

If you guys have installed your windshield upgrades, what are your thoughts?  I gotta get out of the wind and bugs.  That touring version of the Laminar Lip looks like it might do the job.

Someone wrote the Vario Touring Screen was a chore to install....What say ye Zen?   :grin:
If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 09:34:50 PM »
Good news! They actually shipped my windscreen finally!  :bigok:

I called them today to cancel the order, and whaddya know, they had it boxed up and ready to go. They emailed me a UPS tracking number that says I should get it by next Wednesday.

Don't worry, George, I haven't forgotten you!  :wink:  I'm just as anxious to try this thing out as you are. I promise I'll get that sucker installed as soon as I get my hands on it, and let ya know how it went right after my first test ride.  :motorsmile:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 11:38:06 AM »
Good show, Zenman.  I will be looking forward to you and Matt installing the windscreens and seeing how it goes.  Thanks.

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 05:03:51 PM »
On Twisted Throtle, I noticed a Givi windshield which is higher than the present one by several inches.  It says it is very easy to install....this is new as I don't remember seeing it before yesterday.

Anyone seen or have one of these?  Comments please..

Offline leedogg

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.fquick.com/Leedogg
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 05:55:15 PM »
as Joe Dirt would say...."DAAAAANNNGGG! That's a big windscreen!"

I want the touring one myself...but that Givi on is BIG.  Looks like a Goldwing.:)
1996 Trans Am- Stock as a rock - NOT.  408rwhp/397rwtq.
2004 GMC Yukon XL - The family/Trans Am hauler
1992 Silverado - Future tow vehicle.
2007 Bandit 1250S - first ever bike- I love it!

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 12:25:09 AM »
Leedogg said: I want the touring one myself...but that Givi on is BIG. Looks like a Goldwing.:)

Yes, Lee, that is what I am looking for.  I ride year around in South Texas and it does get cool here in Dec, Jan and Feb.  The chill factor can get pretty low while humming along at 65 or so...that is why I am looking for a TALL windshield...this looks like it could fill the bill...I am 6'4" and sit tall in the saddle...the damn wind hits my chest and goes up under my fullface.  Gotta have that tall screen.... :grin:

When you guys get your touring models, let us know...

Offline leedogg

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.fquick.com/Leedogg
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 02:14:23 AM »
Sounds like it is just right for you then...6'4" huh?  I can understand that.  I am 6 foot myself- I think the touring one will do me fine...but I, too, am sort of waiting to hear some reviews.  Hate to spend a hundred bucks- then it not really make a difference.
1996 Trans Am- Stock as a rock - NOT.  408rwhp/397rwtq.
2004 GMC Yukon XL - The family/Trans Am hauler
1992 Silverado - Future tow vehicle.
2007 Bandit 1250S - first ever bike- I love it!

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 03:16:34 PM »
Leedogg wrote:  Sounds like it is just right for you then...6'4" huh? I can understand that. I am 6 foot myself- I think the touring one will do me fine...but I, too, am sort of waiting to hear some reviews. Hate to spend a hundred bucks- then it not really make a difference.

I had a Rifle on my '98 and it looked like a stovepipe, straight up and funny looking...but it worked!  I emailed them and they are not planning a windshield for the 1250.  I think they are missing a business bet, but....

I, too, am waiting for someone to give us a review on these windshields...Zenman has a turbo but is still installing it, I think.  Lets see if anyone else comes forward...

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 04:40:52 PM »
I ordered the MRA Vario Touring screen,  the 2-piece with the laminar lip. I figured I could always take the lip off it's too tall, and I didn't want to take the chance of the 1-piece being too short.

It's still scheduled for Wednesday delivery... patience, ya'll!  :bandit:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 08:30:36 PM »
I ordered the Laminar Touring to see how it will work.  They said if I did not like it, return it for refund and pay freight.  I will try it and see...they said it will redirect the air and should suit me sitting high in the saddle...we shall see ...more later...

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 10:04:38 PM »
Ha! And they say that with age comes patience... not in your case, aye, George?  :lol:

So you ordered the Givi? Good, I hope it works for ya. I hope my MRA works for me, too. At least we'll have two different screens to compare notes, and those with more patience than you or I can benefit from our "experience"...  :lol:  :bandit:

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2007, 11:39:19 PM »
Zenman, no, I ordered the Laminarlip, sorry, I mistyped.  As I said, it looks like it might do and the said I can get my money back if I  do not scratch it....we will see.

http://www.laminarlip.com/bandit.php

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 02:06:04 AM »
Ok, my mistake. That looks like it might do the job, and for $89 if it works then you did good. Did you get clear or smoke?

I ordered the whole windshield with lip that you've seen on TwistedThrottle for $139.99, in the smoke grey color. It'll be here Wednesay and I can't freakin' wait to put it on and try it out.

At least you won't have to take off the old screen and all that... looks like just a couple clips and your all set.  :bigok:

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 10:40:50 AM »
Zenman wrote:  Ok, my mistake. That looks like it might do the job, and for $89 if it works then you did good. Did you get clear or smoke?

Clear...not sure it comes in smoke.

I ordered the whole windshield with lip that you've seen on TwistedThrottle for $139.99, in the smoke grey color. It'll be here Wednesay and I can't freakin' wait to put it on and try it out.

Yeah, if your's is better than the one I get, I will send it back and order one like yours...as long as it is easy to install.

At least you won't have to take off the old screen and all that... looks like just a couple clips and your all set.

Yes, it is easy to put on.  I am not much of a wrench.  Like Clint says, a man must know his limitations.... :grin:

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 07:51:24 PM »
Zenman wrote:  Ha! And they say that with age comes patience... not in your case, aye, George?

Ha Ha, that is a very old saying, something you youngsters made up.  Hell, at my age, I gotta move quickly... :motorsmile:

I ordered the Laminarlip, clear, TL876C Touring Lip...hope it works okay....if not, I will be looking at you guys comments on your different models, send this on back and press on.  Yeah, Zen gotta move, the wind is getting to me...lifts my helmet up as I go along at 70...when I get it broke in and hit tripple, it will lift me off of the Blue Racer.... :cop: