Author Topic: Taller Windshield for 1250? HELP!  (Read 24647 times)

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
Taller Windshield for 1250? HELP!
« on: June 02, 2007, 07:16:31 PM »
Yesterday, I was reading the posts and one of us put in an address of a company that makes taller windshields for the 1250.  I didn't mark it and can not remember the address or who posted it.  I have ordered a 1250/ABS and will need this windshield to keep the summer bugs and winter wind off of me.

If you know this site, I would appreciate the address.  Thanks.
If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Offline leedogg

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.fquick.com/Leedogg
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 07:34:21 PM »
I agree- I too am looking for accesories for the 1250...can't wait to star putting my touches on an already great bike.
1996 Trans Am- Stock as a rock - NOT.  408rwhp/397rwtq.
2004 GMC Yukon XL - The family/Trans Am hauler
1992 Silverado - Future tow vehicle.
2007 Bandit 1250S - first ever bike- I love it!

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 09:09:05 PM »
TwistedThrottle sells several accessories for the B1250, including MRA windscreens. I just ordered a Vario Touring screen for $139.99:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1782/584/

And they also have the one-piece Touring screen for $99.99:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1781/584/

I almost got the one-piece, it looks cleaner, but I wanted to make sure it was going to re-direct the air over my head.

I hear that Zero Gravity is coming out with a screen for the B1250, but I don't know if they are available yet.
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline leedogg

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 11:31:23 PM »
Sweet man- I have searched yahoo for motorcycle accessories and haven't gotten anything but JC Whitney!  thanks for the link...saving it to my faves.

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 11:48:12 PM »
Thanks, Zen.  I knew you guys would know.  You and the rest of the troops are responsible for me ordering my 2nd Bandit.  You kept bragging on this new one and I got the old itch....  My first was a '98.  I had it four years and sold it to a friend who begged it out of me.  I should have kept it.  This one will be with me for a long time.

Thanks again....

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 01:08:03 AM »
Your'e more than welcome, guys... glad to be of help!  :wink:

We're all in the same boat here with the B1250 only being out for a month or two... I got mine March 28th, the first one on the board I think. So I've had a little more time to play around with it.  :bandit:

I'm sure there will be loads of fresh input coming in as we get more members with the new bike. For now, we are the "pioneers" I reckon.   :bigok:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline leedogg

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 11:17:33 AM »
Quote from: "ZenMan"

We're all in the same boat here with the B1250 only being out for a month or two... I got mine March 28th, the first one on the board I think. So I've had a little more time to play around with it.  :bandit:

I'm sure there will be loads of fresh input coming in as we get more members with the new bike. For now, we are the "pioneers" I reckon.   :bigok:

ha- I hear that- you musta been one of the firsts in the country!  I Bought a Motorcylist Mag on the way to work on the 9th of May, saw the review of the 'all new' liquid cooled Bandit, then read the price!  I searched around and found this site- then bought it the bike the day after I got home on the 17th of May.

Now I have to decide...double bubble- or touring screen. :bandit:

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 11:33:34 AM »
Yeah, as more get 1250's, there will be a lot of info on this board.  I don't know when I will get my bike, ordered it June 1, but dealer is a friend and said he may be able to get one to trade with another dealer, but they are already getting popular and other dealers may be reluctant to trade for something they already have.  I told him to order it, no problem.  I can wait...hell at 74 (75 in August), I can wait.  I bought motorcycles off of this guy's Father 35 years ago.  He treated me right, (asked me not to tell as he would not sell to others at my price) so I won't bug him and let him do his thing.

Anyway, great site and much info.  

My '98 1200 was a jewel.  I should not have sold it.  I put a stage 1 kit on the carbs, Yoshi can and K&N air filter.  I ran like a hose.  It think this one will be better..later

Offline MattDaddy

• Board Regular!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 03:33:58 AM »
I ordered a Laminar Lip for my bandit, but haven't installed it yet.   When I ordered it, the 'touring' version was not listed as being compatible with the 1250s otherwise I would have ordered that one.
http://www.laminarlip.com/bandit.php  

There is a real shortage of 07 Bandit related add-ons

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 10:07:18 AM »
Zen and Matt.  Let us know what you think of your windshield mods.  I need something to keep the wind off of my head/face.  We need your inputs on how your like the additions.  Thanks in advance.

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 10:37:59 AM »
Will do, Blue. The screen was promised on the 10th... it's now the 12th. TwistedThrottle has always been prompt before, but it looks like I'm gonna have to give them a call.

Don't worry, now that I'm riding almost every day again, that windshield won't be sitting around in the box, that's for sure. I'll let ya'll know.  :bigok:

Offline banditone1250s

• Board Homesteader!
"New" Bandit 1250s
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 12:42:21 PM »
When I bought my Bandit, the dealer had another black one and a red one and the next time that I was in the dealer, they were both gone. They are getting to be real popular and I do see one (red) sometimes in the morning when I am on my way to work. I work in Murfreesboro, Tn and live a little south of there. The dealer (Sloan's Cycles) is in Murfreesboro, Tn...Banditone1250s... :motorsmile:
There is a thin line between fear and respect...feel free to drift across it every now and then...

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 10:50:17 PM »
I called TwTh today and they said they got a big shipment in yesterday and my windshield should be in it. Could ship by tomorrow, might have it by Saturday.

Keeping my fingers crossed.  :wink:

Offline Blue Racer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 06:53:40 PM »
Zen wrote:  Don't worry, now that I'm riding almost every day again, that windshield won't be sitting around in the box, that's for sure. I'll let ya'll know.

Glad to hear you are back in the saddle.  Let us know how you like the windshield after you install it... someone here said it was sort of a chore to install...your comments please.

Later

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 11:13:55 PM »
It's Thursday, still waiting.  :roll:

I'm just as anxious as you are!  :wink:

I've ridden in the rain twice now since I healed up, and though it's kinda nice to have the bugs washed off my face shield, I prefer to do it myself, thank you.  :bandit: