Author Topic: To go...where...no man....has gone before. T3  (Read 7254 times)

Offline tannerismyhero

• Board Homesteader!
To go...where...no man....has gone before. T3
« on: June 13, 2006, 02:01:46 AM »
So I bit the bullet and got a tomahawk T3 rear tire from ride now. $64 shipped. I won't be putting it on till prolly July, but the first thing I am going to do with it is take a 1000 mile trip to cincinnati and back around the 4th. If I stop posting.... :crybaby:  tell my mudda I luv her :crybaby: .
01 1200s

Offline tannerismyhero

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 01:59:30 AM »
Got the tire from ridenow.com today. It is interesting it is a T3 and on a sticker they have on the tire it says the size, Pilot Sport and then the sticker is from cycletires.com  I checked out the website and that must be the direct wholesaler or something. I tried to check to see if their prices were any cheaper than ridenow (eliminate the middle man) but the website wasnt workin right. I will be puttin it on here in the next couple of weeks, I just gotta get a couple of days that are raining so that I can yank the tire off and take it in. That way I don't miss any ride time. :motorsmile:
01 1200s

Offline tannerismyhero

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 01:13:55 AM »
Uggh. Allright. Well, I am supposed to be on the road now going to Ohio but here is what happened. Earlier this week I went to get my T3 mounted and balanced so that I could get a few miles on it and get the feel of it before I ride 500 miles each way to ohio and back. I took it to the dealer on Tuesday and they said that the rim was bent and the tire would not bead on the rim. On the left side at 15psi you could see that part of the tire was coming really high off the rim while the other parts were not moving at all. They spun the tire on the rim and it looked like the rim was prolly bent (that is what they told me is the problem from the way the tire looked, all messed up and lop-sided and also with the tire going up so wierd it looked like there was a flatter spot in the rim). SO I ebayed a rim and spent too much money on a G1 rim that the dealer from MD said was not wrecked and that was just off a dissasembled bike that they parted out for the motor. I got it here on friday and today when I took the tire and "new" rim in, it did the same thing. They had a few guys in the shop look at it, and the best they can come up with is that there is a cord or something in the sidewall is busted and that is why it wont bead. SOOOOO, I emailed Ridenow.com where I bought it from and I am going to email this to Tomahawk as well because my 4th of July trip and my vacation is down the shitter. Thanks Tomahawk. Guess all those xrays and quality control people musta been on break when my tire passed inspection. I will keep everyone up to date as to what ridenow and Tomahawk tell me. All I know is that I am pissed.  :monkeymoon:
01 1200s

Offline tannerismyhero

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 03:32:45 PM »
still waiting on my tire from ride now. I had to ship my old one back before they would send me a new one. Hmmm...they have my credit card number, why couldn't they have just shipped me the tire right away? The guy from ridenow was pretty nice by the name of Wayne. I tried to contact Tomahawk via email and they have not even replied. Must not give a crap about sending out defective material I guess. Soon I will mount the tire to one of my rims that I currently own and see how it rides. If it goes good I will prolly sell the other rim with the battleax on it. Still a bit of tread left on that one, maybe I can recover some $$$ after being bent over the table.
01 1200s

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 12:42:36 PM »
Jeez Dude! This sounds like what would happen to me! I'm glad i don't have stock in that Co. But i have nothing but praise for the Shinko's which are very close to those in cost. The 009's is what you want! Better grip than any other tire they claim is a hi mile sport tour, cheap, and wear great. It just baffles me how the pro's could be blaming the wheel for a tire problem!!!  That sucks big time but i bet the folk that pay the big bucks for tires are saying you got what you! Keep up the posts on what happened please. :duh:  :beers:

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »
I don't get it.

Why wouldn't Shinko's (reliable, highly rated) be worth an extra $20 a pair over Tomahawks (re-treads that are always in short supply)

?

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 12:55:34 PM »
="PaulVS"]I don't get it.

Why wouldn't Shinko's (reliable, highly rated) be worth an extra $20 a pair over Tomahawks (re-treads that are always in short supply)

?
You hit the DOT on that comment!!! but I'm very glad some one got them! and admitted it!!!! Kinda saves me some pain!!! Recrapped M/C tires!!! What's next recycled prophylactics!!!!   :duh:  :duh:  :duh:  :beers:  :beers:

Offline tannerismyhero

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 01:48:55 PM »
I am going to get a guy I work with to mount the new tire. He's a racer and mounts all his tires so I am comfortable with his work. I feel like burning off the old battle axe off in the dealer parkinglot with some circle burnouts.  These guys are not the brightest bulbs in the box I have come to find out. I took my left fork in because when they redid my fork seals, this one started to leak almost right away. Had to make the appt a week and a half out (you would think that they would order the seal for it) Then I had to wait a week for them to do one seal. ONE SEAL!. They called me the day I dropped it off and asked what kinda bike it was off of (because I don't trust them taking the front end off my bike) I told them and they must of had to order the part the next day.  :duh:
01 1200s

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 03:50:28 PM »
Regarding the fork... if they screwed it up it's what dealers refer to as a "bring-back".  (A re-fix of their mistake)

You should have been put at the top of the list according to the unwritten "bring-back" rules.

Sounds like a bunch of morons.

Offline nwetherill

• Board Regular!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 03:53:30 PM »
Well I have a set on my bike right now. I like them, lots of stick and the wear hasn't been bad at all. I have around 1200 on them now and they seem to be holding up. (The D205 didnt have a chance)

For a $100 that was money well spent to me.

If you ride in the rain alot these are not for you though. You have to be real careful in the rain on these tires.

my .02

Offline tannerismyhero

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 01:54:31 AM »
Moron doesn't begin to say what these guys are. They are nice, don't get me wrong, but I think I may start taking my stuff to a yamaha dealer if I can't tackle it myself.

Nwetherill....You got the T3  or the Shinko?
01 1200s

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 09:22:34 AM »
He has to be talking about the T3 Recrapped, cause the Stinko's stick like shyt to a camp blanket wet or dry!!!! :beers:  :beers:

Offline Ranger

• Board Homesteader!
  • Resident Felon
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 07:46:54 PM »
:beers:
Note to self: Leave no witnesses

Offline tannerismyhero

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 01:44:11 PM »
WTF!!! I got that fork back on and drove it a total of about 120 miles yesterday and it is starting to seep again. Screw it I am not taking it apart again so they can mess with it. I'll just make sure that the oil isn't getting low and do an overhaul this winter on it.
01 1200s

Offline Mini4x

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »
Why are poeple so cheap assed about tires..

Two most important things on a bike (or car) are good tires and good brakes, why go cheap on either.

You can get a set of Pilots for $200.  You get what you pay for with tires.

I mounted mine myself, and had tehm balanced for $8.00/wheel.