Author Topic: Someone Moved My Bike - Illegal?  (Read 12120 times)

Offline twofoldway

• New user!
Someone Moved My Bike - Illegal?
« on: October 28, 2012, 05:15:25 AM »
Hey Fellow Californians,

Had a legal question here:

Someone moved my bike from my parking space tonight so that they could park their car there. When I park my in a regular parking stall, I park in the center of the stall so that no one will be tempted to try and park their car around my bike. My forks were locked and bike was in-gear (as I recall) when I left. When I returned home, my bike had been rolled forward and to the left (the direction the fork was turned) out of the spot and a car had been parked in its place.

My question is: Did the break the law? And which law?

I left an angry note and noted their license plate. As they have a parking permit, they are also residents of my apartment complex. I will be lodging a complaint with the management.

Thanks for the replies!

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Someone Moved My Bike - Illegal?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 09:59:00 AM »
That sucks... and I'm no legal eagle - perhaps you could rent a tow truck, move their car to the street and get your spot back.   :duh:

Definitely follow with the landlords.  Good luck.
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline twofoldway

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 01:57:20 AM »
Yep. Followed up with management and was definitely thinking about the tow truck thing. Thanks!

Offline mikenj

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 11:22:40 AM »
Wow, the cage driver has some balls!