Author Topic: Please Help - Importing Contacts to Notes  (Read 10823 times)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Please Help - Importing Contacts to Notes
« on: September 29, 2008, 10:16:21 PM »
OK...  So the little entrepreneurial company I worked for (and used the latest version of Outlook) was acquired by a Fortune 100.... that uses Lotus Notes 6.5.   :yikes:  Are you freakin' kidding me?  I live in email - it's basically all I do all day long.  I'm so pissed off.  "The Mother Ship" couldn't give a shit less about us and put NO resources into this conversion.  We were told, "We're not converting your contacts.  You will have to manually put them into Notes."  Bullshit.  I've got better things to do with my life and so does my assistant.  I have hundreds.  We were given only a couple days notice and I didn't have time to do any research it so I only exported my Outlook contacts as Excel and .csv files... no Vcard.  There HAS to be a way to get them into Notes, right????  Oh and they wiped my Blackberry and our Notes doesn't sync contacts to the Blackberry...    :duh:  Shoot me now... any ideas out there????? 
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline innercent

• New 250 Bandit Noob
  • TURBO TYPER!
Re: Please Help - Importing Contacts to Notes
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 06:05:28 AM »
heehee, There is no easy way to do it. As Notes is very propriatry about the application, so there isn't really any GOOD solution out there that I know off. I remember our Notes admin here always get crap request like this, and they tend to curse adn swear for a few days.

Alternatively, there is a Notes tool you can purchase to convert it.... or, I noticed the florida International university has a guide to convert it so you might be able to try..... Good Luck, May the Force Be with you ......

http://docushare.fiu.edu/docushare/dsweb/Get/File-2380/Instructions_for_Migrating_Outlook_Contacts_to_Lotus_Notes.doc

PS - Notes should be able to synchronise with Blackberry. My company here is using Lotus Notes and have blackberry as well. And it does synchronise your personal address book in lotus ntoes as well...
1990 GSF250 - Stock items with lots of parts need to cleaned and changed

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Please Help - Importing Contacts to Notes
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 12:50:19 PM »
Thanks for your help.  I'll take a look at that link when I have a chance.  I'll purchase something as a last resort I guess.  I was hoping someone knew of a good shareware program or something. 

And I don't know why the couple contacts I entered manually into notes wont sync...  I'll have to ask the help(less) desk.

Thanks again!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7