Author Topic: Fall ride in Arkansas  (Read 32397 times)

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2005, 07:35:45 PM »
I think I'll be staying later, since I didnt take a vacation this year.  Didnt know if I'd be there early or stay late.  

you mean we need to get a room now, Craig?  This is for the place on the lake?  There are serveral motels in town, but that's 15 miles away.
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline gtbandit

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2005, 04:50:55 AM »
Quote from: "LowRyter"
I think I'll be staying later, since I didnt take a vacation this year.  Didnt know if I'd be there early or stay late.  

you mean we need to get a room now, Craig?  This is for the place on the lake?  There are serveral motels in town, but that's 15 miles away.

Yeah, many of the Max-Suzers have already reserved rooms at the Pine Lodge motel. There are only 10 rooms there so they may fill up. If most everyone doubles up in a room we should be OK though. If need be, there are a couple of other motels in Bull Shoals and the state park across the street does rent RVs to stay in. Also, the six kitchenettes at the Pine Lodge all have pull out beds (in addition to the 2 regular beds) and extra cots are available. If your not sure about what days you might stay later, just reserve the Thurs. through Sat. as those are the days that may fill up. I haven't decided on which days I'll arrive or leave yet. I'm flexable depending on what others may want to do. I do plan on staying at least one night somewhere else though to better explore other parts of AR and MO.

Lloyd, if you can work something out and all the rooms do book up, we will work something out and get you a bed. :wink:
Craig
'99 Black B12
'03 KLR650
'03 1000 V-Strom
'05 SV650
+ a few others

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2005, 09:14:16 PM »

Yeah, many of the Max-Suzers have already reserved rooms at the Pine Lodge motel.

...now I'll be banned from the hotel..!!!

....glad they got rooms in Mtview...
John L

Offline Dragbike

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2005, 10:30:57 PM »
Hello All! I have been hanging back not knowing about my days off with all of the overtime I have been doing this year. But I just found out today
that I was able to take the 22-25 off! So if you don;t mind I would like to join you all. I just live 70 miles from where you are going and thought I need, want, and should go! I have been all through that area manys times and there is also (I will have to get the map) a way you can just zig zag north and south almost all the way across the northern part of the state. very nice ride indeed and nice people with little " junk shops" with really neat stuff it has been a few years ago since I have been in that part but I do remember great hospitaly and nice folks plus a double decker outhouse in Booger Holler! Plus I will have the week before off too. Might be able to help out on some cordnating! I just got home from work but I will get the map out and try to remember the route. I will try and read all of the post to get caught up. Like I say if you all don't mind!
Thanks
Brent
01 Bandit 1200S
99 FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide
89 GSXR 7/11 w/turbo
88 GSX600F Katana w/1127 :)
82 Harley FLT
79 Harley Super Glide FXEF
I’m getting Old--- I remember when Sex was safe and Motorcycles were dangerous!

Offline Bantana

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2005, 11:57:29 PM »

Yeah, many of the Max-Suzers have already reserved rooms at the Pine Lodge motel.

How the hell does this always happen? Banditalley talks up a little trip and before you know it we are having to compete for hotel/cabin space with Max-Suzuki.  :shock:
~lloyd in atlanta
  Doing my best in the Southern Appalachians  to uphold the honor of Bandit riders everywhere.

Offline gtbandit

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2005, 02:15:07 AM »
Don't mind at all Brent, in fact, we'll be happy to have you! If you have ideas for routes, let us know. I have a couple routes mapped out already and have ideas for more. I'm hoping we'll split the riders into groups of 3-6 bikes.  That way we can form into easily manageable groups with the same goals in mind. Some groups could ride the same routes while others take longer or shorter routes or stop at more tourist locations. If you have some local knowledge of good eateries and interesting stops, that would be great. I'm going to experiment with my mapping software and see if I can upload my preliminary routes to the internet. Maybe, you or others could suggest some good stops or detours or alternate routes.

How the hell does this always happen? Banditalley talks up a little trip and before you know it we are having to compete for hotel/cabin space with Max-Suzuki.

That's why I'm trying to give y'all the heads up! :wink: Like I said though, if most of us double up, we should be OK!
Craig
'99 Black B12
'03 KLR650
'03 1000 V-Strom
'05 SV650
+ a few others

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2005, 03:27:07 PM »
Quote from: "gtbandit"

How the hell does this always happen? Banditalley talks up a little trip and before you know it we are having to compete for hotel/cabin space with Max-Suzuki.

That's why I'm trying to give y'all the heads up! :wink: Like I said though, if most of us double up, we should be OK!

we might need to get a list of other motels that are close by. This place is around the dam, close to the park & 5 miles from Lakeview?
John L

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2005, 03:41:21 PM »
Craig, since half the folks are posted on the other board, can we work an e-mail list with everyone on it?  That way we can perhaps have some meet-ups, itineraries, and roommates worked out.

John
John L

Offline terrebandit

• Board Homesteader!
    • Daves Bandit Group
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2005, 10:21:23 PM »
It will be good to see you again John.

Dave
My Bandit(s) -click here  >={{{*>
2000 B12S "Good Ole Bob"
____ o7o____o7o ___Ride Safe!

Offline Dragbike

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2005, 11:18:32 PM »
I see he has already updated the list but it is from a July 9 post I will bring it forward here for now and update my email. sounds like a fun time........ OH BY THE WAY.. I am a (not so old) Drag Racer and Harley rider I have no pucks on none of my leathers I might need to be in the back with a ham radio, GPS, cell and a global phone, and Bells on my toes so I wont get too behind or lost!!!  :motorsmile: hehehehe
Anyway
See Ya
Brent
blinding light....Daniel....Ft. Smith, AR
newbandit....Alan....Grandview, MO....+ spouse
bad4u2000us.....Redfield, AR
tsetse....Mark....Kansas City, KS
Flingit....Wichita, KS
Jacinda.....Paducah, KY
DevilMan....Tim....Paducah, KY
bandit1....Tony.....Lincoln, AR
terrebandit.....Dave.....NE Texas
Collette Lemons.....Glenpool, OK
buggyho.....Cliff....Glenpool, OK
ke_deg97B12.....High Ridge, MO....+ spouse...??
Bandit748/Bantana......Lloyd.....Atlanta, GA
LowRyter.....John.....Edmond, OK
12sdrag.....Maryland
themeatmanlandry/landry.....Memphis, TN...??
gtbandit....Craig....Beaumont, Texas.....+ spouse
txbanditrydr....Jay....NE Texas
gary n.....DFW, TX
Dragbike....Brent Ballew.... Brent@dragbike.com  ...Tahlequah, OK
01 Bandit 1200S
89 GSXR 7/11 w/turbo
82 Harley FLT

Offline gtbandit

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2005, 12:56:06 AM »
Hey Brent, thanks for bringing the list forward and updating your info. I was waiting untill we got to page 5 before bringing it forward. :wink:  I wouldn't worry about bringing up the rear. You'll probably have plenty of company with you. I would like to split the group according to riding paces and stopping frequencies, etc. That way, we can keep the groups pretty close together.

Which brings up the point that everyone is encouraged to ride at their own pace. If the group you are with is riding at a faster pace than you feel comfortable with, do not try to keep up. Everyone will happily wait for you up the road and make sure no one gets lost or misses a turn or gets left behind with some kind of trouble. This is not a race or a pissing match to see who's the fastest rider.
Craig
'99 Black B12
'03 KLR650
'03 1000 V-Strom
'05 SV650
+ a few others

Offline gtbandit

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2005, 01:05:08 AM »
Quote from: "LowRyter"
Craig, since half the folks are posted on the other board, can we work an e-mail list with everyone on it?  That way we can perhaps have some meet-ups, itineraries, and roommates worked out.

John

Yeah, I've been thinking about doing that. So here it goes. Everyone interested in being on a group e-mail list, send me an e-mail titled "Arkansas Ride" at gtbandit99@yahoo.com. Whenever I receive most everyone's e-mail addresses, I'll send out a bulk e-mail to everyone on the list. This way we can each contact either one person from either board to make plans or post to the group as a whole and we can exchange contact information.
Craig
'99 Black B12
'03 KLR650
'03 1000 V-Strom
'05 SV650
+ a few others

Offline 12sdrag

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2005, 08:43:42 PM »
I`m still in,can`t wait everyone says it`s awesome riding.
It is what it is and thats all it is till it is no more

Offline 12sdrag

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2005, 10:55:26 PM »
reservations are made :lol: The lady said I got the last room she knew exactly what dates. I hope to be in early trus. morning and will be leaving monday morning :banana:  :banana:
It is what it is and thats all it is till it is no more

Offline Dragbike

• Board Homesteader!
Fall ride in Arkansas
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2005, 10:56:32 AM »
Well crap,, I always wait too long! :crybaby:  :duh:
No really, I am glad you got a room,  after the long trip you have to make just to get to AR!
I think I will call her now and see what is just down the road.

gtbandit I have not had time to look get a good look at the map yet, but if you have maping software you have it made. I might just add for now 1 day might be Eureka Springs and another 1 day trip to Branson. the good fun all day would be like Ozark Nat. For. if you look you can see North and South hyways with short east to west roads like 71, 23, 74,21, 16, 103, 7, and 27 and all of it is a very nice ride. You can zig zag all throug the hills and 5 years ago they were all very nice roads. I just got off work I going to bed I will check the good map later!
See ya  :motorsmile:
Brent
01 Bandit 1200S
89 GSXR 7/11 w/turbo
82 Harley FLT