Author Topic: Indy MotoGP 2010  (Read 17349 times)

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
Indy MotoGP 2010
« on: April 06, 2010, 01:49:38 PM »
For the past two years I've headed up a group buy for race tickets. I'm doing so again this year and wanted to see if anybody would be interested in going to the race this year. Good news is that they lowered the prices this time around. With a group buy a 3-day pass is only $55. I believe a race day only ticket is $40.

Group tickets can be mixed and matched, meaning if your party wants seating in the stands you can pick your seats while others chose general admission or decide to sit elsewhere. I'd like to meet with people from the board, but I also don't expect us to sit around a campfire holding hands all weekend either. You can still do your own thing if you're planning on going to the race.

Getting in on a group buy gets you a few other perks that you normally wouldn't get or would have to pay extra for. You get a parking pass for your bike (which can also be used for your car) so that saves you extra money. This year they're throwing in a program as well, and those usually cost $10-15. Here is the full list of group perks:

I have attached a few handouts showing the 2010 Red Bull Indianapolis GP group discounts and benefits we offer groups of 20 or more people in selected grandstands around the track.  I would highly recommend the grandstand seats over the General Admission ticket packages.  For this year, the group benefits will include:

$5 off the ticket price in selected grandstands
2 Free Indianapolis Motor Speedway souvenirs ($22 value)
Official Red Bull Indianapolis GP Event Program
IMS Centennial Era Cinch bag
Motorcycle Parking Pass
Motorcycle Parade Lap
10% off coupon at all participating IMS Retail Locations
Group Name on the Video Boards
Personal Group Sales Rep. to handle your account
Other special offers which are specific to each individual race (see attached documents)

For example, a ticket in the Southwest Vista for the Red Bull Indianapolis GP is a $132 value available for ONLY $95!

We also work on a reservation system so that you could reserve a block of seats immediately and final payment would not be due until about 30 days before the event.  Please let me know if you have any questions and my direct contact information is listed below.  Remember all of the listed discounts and benefits are only valid if you purchase your tickets via the Group Sales office.

Please let me know if you're interested. Money would not have to be collected until July, so you got plenty of time to save your pennies. Also, if something comes up you are not obligated (at least for general admission tickets) to buy them. I'm simply looking to get a feel of people that would be interested in going this year.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Indy MotoGP 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 11:34:29 PM »
Taking the 5th wheel and headed there again.  Probably with my brother.

Send me a PM when you are ready to order.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:37:02 PM by LowRyter »
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:47:21 AM »
Taking the 5th wheel and headed there again.  Probably with my brother.

Send me a PM when you are ready to order.

Making the rounds trying to see if anybody else is planning on making the race this year. I'm going to get in touch with the rep soon and touch base with him again.

Any takers???  :motorsmile:

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:10:25 AM »
still my intent...haven't finalized plans.  For sure will also go to FlatTrack Staurday night.  Prolly need to order those tickets too.

I read that Rossi might return.
John L

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »
I hope for my sake Rossi is back by then. If not I'll have to listen to my girlfriend bitch about him being gone and how much she hates Lorenzo.  :bandit:

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 08:36:57 PM »
Jorge put on a good show last year.  He's an alien and will likely be the next champ.  I'm really encouraged to see Spies come on.  I would hope Spies would get the equipment that Rossi has gotten.  I wonder why Josh Hayes wasn't pressed into service rather than the test rider?

Anyway, I'll be camping in my 5th Wheel on one of the lots West of the Speedway on Georgetown Rd.  Prolly will have my Moto Guzzi with the saddlebags to cruise around town. For sure will get tickets to the Indy Mile.

Hope to see you there.  Let me know if you want to camp, eat or party in my spot. 
John L

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 11:03:41 AM »
I wonder why Josh Hayes wasn't pressed into service rather than the test rider?

Probably because Josh is currently a top contender for the American Superbike title and he or Yamaha doesn't want to disrupt the flow of learning a new bike and tracks mid-season.  At least the test rider is familiar with the bike.

I was thinking it would've been sweet if they would've given Rossi's bikes to Spies and he could've just slipped his Tech3 skins on...  :trustme:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 09:00:34 AM »
Anyway, I'll be camping in my 5th Wheel on one of the lots West of the Speedway on Georgetown Rd.  Prolly will have my Moto Guzzi with the saddlebags to cruise around town. For sure will get tickets to the Indy Mile.

Hope to see you there.  Let me know if you want to camp, eat or party in my spot. 

FYI - I *think* you'll have to get the tickets for the flat track race (that's the AMA race, right?) on your own. I don't think IMS handles that, but I'll double check. I haven't been able to even get 10 people rounded up yet.  :rant2: In years past they threw in the benefits regardless, but I have a feeling my luck is going to eventually run out. I'm going to hit up a few other boards and see if anybody else has decided to go or not.

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 08:32:56 PM »
Yes, you have to get Flat Track through Ticket Mater.  But that's a great a show, don't miiss it.  Last year Kenny Roberts ran the 750 2 stroke.
John L

Offline bandit ed

• Board Regular!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 05:49:28 AM »
Hi there. Myself and a few friends from windsor ontario are coming down to the race. For the camping across from the track how do you make a reservation or is it just first come first in???

Ed

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 07:10:20 PM »
Hi there. Myself and a few friends from windsor ontario are coming down to the race. For the camping across from the track how do you make a reservation or is it just first come first in???

Ed

there's dry camping accross from the track

https://secure.brickyard.com/ParkingAndCamping/ParkingAndCamping.aspx?ParkingCamping=Camping&Event=45e27638-4721-4a2b-a821-d1fa424913f1

Camped in Lot 1C in 2009 and Lot 1A last year.  Not been to Lot 2.  I know some MG guys that camped in someone's backyard and had electric.  I might have to rev up the ol' generator....but it never got that hot before.

I'd really like to coordinate camping, tickets, and flattrack.  (also beer  :beers:, scotch, cigars, BBQ, and motorcycles   :bandit:)  Prolly go to the Moto Guzzi Italian dinner  :yikes: on Friday night.
John L

Offline bandit ed

• Board Regular!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 05:22:27 PM »
I like to know more about your plans. Maybe you could email at edwardbrian3@hotmail.com. I will probably coming up with 4 guys on bikes.

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 07:40:22 PM »
sent you an e-mail Ed
John L

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 10:57:29 PM »
Ed, not heard back from you............

Orion, what's the latest?
John L

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 10:24:25 PM »
Good news, bad news...but mainly good news. I haven't been able to get 20 people rounded up for the race, but there are different group buys we can get in on. They have a Speed Channel package and a Cycle World package. I think this is what we ended up doing last year. I asked the rep about going that route and he said that all you'll need to do is contact him and say you're with me. I think this way you won't even have to bother sending money to me. It's pretty much like getting the tickets on your own but you get the group perks.

I'll pm you the contact info. If anybody else is interested shoot me a pm and I'll let you know.

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S