Author Topic: TWO, Suches, GA  (Read 20278 times)

Offline doublenaughtspy

• Board Homesteader!
TWO, Suches, GA
« on: March 08, 2013, 01:24:26 PM »
Ok...so I haven't been around in a WHILE, but I thought you guys (mostly the old-timers) would want to know that TWO Campground in Suches has closed. http://www.twowheelsonly.com/  I know there were some great memories made out there and you guys were a gas at the BOSS rallys! :beers:  Brit and GT closed it down in March 2011 when the landowner's children decided not to renew the lease. It's really sad to ride by and see nothing but overgrowth around the old main building.  No one on the porch hanging out. All the other building and Brit's 'personal touches' gone. We aren't welcome to sit out on the porch and reminisce, either. Seems someone from across the road is always quick to come over and remind us the place is out of business and closed to trespassers. :rant2: The Turners really made the place feel warm and inviting. The convenience store just up the road has changed hands and is quite welcoming. There are still other M/C-friendly facilities in the area, but the spirit of T.W.O. now wanders, I'm afraid.  Be well, old friends, and keep the rubber on the road.

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: TWO, Suches, GA
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:51:50 PM »
  How about the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Camp Grounds in N.C. ?
 I attended a Boss rally there before. 

Offline doublenaughtspy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 06:56:45 PM »
As far as I know, yes. Was that one of the later BOSS rallies?

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »
anyone heard what happened to Pete, the original founder of the board?  He used to love TWO.   I am sorry I had never made it there.
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline doublenaughtspy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 09:43:31 PM »
I'm guessing that was a "No."  He was a good dude....hope he's still out there somewhere.