Author Topic: Needle Jet  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Dragon888

• TURBO TYPER!
Needle Jet
« on: September 26, 2006, 11:05:41 PM »
Can somebody tell me how to remove the needle jet or the jet needle am really confused by the two, I would like to take a look & see if I could adjust the washer higher for me to run leaner. Is it possibel to remove it without removcing the carbs from the motors? Do I have to watch out for some parts being destroyed while Im removing it? Ill appreciate if you do guys have pictures on how to remove it.

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
Needle Jet
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 01:22:02 AM »
the jet needle is the needle that hangs down from the carb slides. you get at it by pulling the tops off the carbs, popping the slides out and dumping the needle out. watch out for washers, shims, and other little bits. some carbs have little o-rings on the tops too. watchout for those as well. you can do this with out removing the carbs, generally, but you have to pull the airbox usually.

The needle jet is also called the emulsion tube. its the brass tube that the needle runs into in the bottom of the throat of the carb. its usually pressed into the plastic slide carrier and has the mainjet screwed into the bottom of it. this is not an adjustable part, but can be worn sometimes and may need replacement. you'll have to pull the carbs to fiddle with the needle jet/emulsion tube.

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
Needle Jet
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 06:32:50 AM »
Before installing my Dynojet and Ivan carb kits I read up on these two on basic carb funtion and they helped me understand how it all works.

www.motocross.com/motoprof/moto/mcycle/carb101/carb101.html

www.powroll.com/tech_specs_jetting101.htm

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
Needle Jet
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »
My 06 manual describes my needle as being a one position only. Damned if I can find that now but I'm sure I read that. Meaning no adjustment but most likely a replacement different position needle is available.
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!