Author Topic: Pictures of Bandits replacement  (Read 7086 times)

Offline SV Larry

• New user!
Turtles Scoot
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2005, 10:17:49 PM »
Welcome  :bigok: to the dark side Terry.Another twin convert.  :congrats:

Offline MADGSF

• New user!
Pictures of Bandits replacement
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »
Congratulations on a great bike!  One other free performance mod you can check for is the air filter intake restrictor.  From the factory it has a cover that purposely restricts it.  Reportedly removing it can add up to 9hp at the rear wheel!  

If you have not found it yet this seems to be a great Aprillia site.  Enjoy your new bike.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/
'01 1200S

Offline FlyingTurtle1

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2005, 12:29:52 AM »
Madgsf Thanks for the heads up on the Aprilia site it's almost as good as this one! :grin:  Manny here's the update last week the day before I was to leave on vacvation the starter relay went out on the Futura! So I didn't get to take it with me cause noone around here had the relay :boohoo: so I ordered one and was told it would be here when I got home...long story short they didn't get it and were going to call ITALY.  Turns out this relay is a BIG problem on all Aprilias. Luckily a dealer in Greenville S.C. keeps 2 on the shelf at all times, 100 miles out of the way to home pick it up and she's running sweet. Took her to a dealer and had the oil changed and the whole bike checked out (90 mile trip one way) worth every penny. She's good to go as soon as I put on the new rear tire and get the Givi trunk and backrest on. Just wish I hadn't HAD to spend this money so I could see you all at BOSS.
Terry Humphreys...No longer a Bandit owner
'06 FJR..stock for the moment....

Offline FlyingTurtle1

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 11:53:10 PM »
Well guys it took 7 hrs. to get my Itialian Whores rump right but she's noe got a BOOTAA! Check her out at www.bikepics.com/pictures/364833    and yes I am feeling her up! :wink: When I get 'puter savvy enough I'll figure out how to get them on here without going thru bike pics!!

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2005, 01:06:09 AM »
I love the Futura!  :clap: :bigok:
I know Givi's stuff is great and how functional a top box is in so many ways,
but the roundish lines of that trunk just don't go with the angular lines of the Futura, sorry.
...I don't know if anyone makes something that does look more like it belongs there or not.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline FlyingTurtle1

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2005, 11:21:14 PM »
:thanks:  Yeah I know that box doesn't really help her in the looks department , but like you said the darn thing is SO handy and more important IT MADE MAMA HAPPY!  And you know what that means...When Mama's Happy......... :grin: And truthfully I didn't see any others that looked any better and most were smaller. This one will hold 2 full face helmets and as the bike doesn't have any helmet locks that I could find. Another Big plus was the 2 brake lights in the case. The size, lights and a Gel Backrest for Mama...just had to have it. OH did you get that kitchen pass for Laguana? Hope to see you there. We'll be staying in Watsonville at the Motel 6.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2005, 11:30:33 PM »
Oh, I know exactly what it means to have Mama happy (that's why I have a Corbin w/backrest).

Got a kitchen pass for Laguna - but between none of my riding buddies being able to go to Laguna and the expense of the trip as well as an Aug. road trip to Banff that at least one of my buddies CAN make, I had to make a decision between Laguna and Banff, so Laguna lost. I'll just have to make due with watching it on Speed.
(I also need to keep enough $$ on-hand in case we go on strike in Sept.)

:sad:  :sad:  :sad:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)