Author Topic: Just ordered new 07 1250S!  (Read 8331 times)

Offline GETFURIOUS

• CAPS LOCK IS STUCK
  • Board Homesteader!
Just ordered new 07 1250S!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 07:28:19 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW BANDIT.....

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL JANUARY, WHEN THE BIKE SHOW COMES TO MY AREA.....AND I WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE THE NEW BANDIT IN PERSON.....

I LOVE THE CHANGE IN THE HEADLIGHT AND TAIL SECTION.....I THINK THAT I WILL LOVE THE PERFORMANCE AS WELL.....

I WONDER IF THE WATER COOLING SYSTEM WAS REALLY NECESSARY.....THERE IS SOMETHING NICE ABOUT AN AIR COOLED ENGINE, THAT REMINDS ME OF THE BIKES OF THE 1970'S.....
2001 BANDIT 1200S - MY DOCTOR ALWAYS SAYS, TAKE A SHOT OF B-12 AND CALL ME IN THE MORNING!  I LOVE MY DOCTOR!

W-T-B - AFTERMARKET CHROME/POLISHED WHEELS-LIKE THESE-http://www.exoticsportbike.com/star2.htm

Offline 9mpg79

• New user!
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 12:24:48 PM »
Hey there, southern MN here.  Owatonna to be exact.
Red 01 1200S, I'm always up for a ride.
Just put her up for the winter yesterday after a 200 mile Thanksgiving ride.

Offline Bazza

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 05:13:45 AM »
Quote from: "victor55"
Interesting price Zillax,

I am told things are cheaper in USA & Canada than in NZ.
It seems we must be catching up to the rst of the world though. My K6 cost $nz12775 which at the present excahnge rate equates to around $us8470. That also included 12.5% sales tax (GST) and on road costs. I thought that was pretty good :wink:

I was quoted $10,500.00 (CAD) for the 2007 Bandit with ABS which is a $2000.00 increase over the 2006 Bandit that was sold here in Canada.

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2006, 11:10:49 AM »
The ABS does add a couple of grand. Interestingly enough, when I bought mine, the opinion was that ABS is not reccomended for sport riders who actually lean hard into corners and break hard. That was good enough for me and I saved some money. I think my breaks are just fine.
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 08:53:37 AM »
:congrats: I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I bet you don't make it all the way to Texas befor trying it out. I'm thinking your bound to find a nice dry road somewhere on the way.   Enjoy, Dan

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2006, 02:38:37 AM »
Me too! I've got a black one coming in January also, maybe our bikes will arrive at the same time?

My price is $7749, but that's before taxes which will be around $400. Here we pay the taxes at the DMV when we apply for the title. Or I have the option of the ABS for $8149, if it should arrive first. I'm not sure about the ABS, I do like to brake hard into corners and I hear that could be an issue.

Also we are fortunate to have decent riding weather all year around, if you don't mind 40's-50's and the occasional sleet. Not much snow though.

I'll definitely let you know when mine arrives, I can harldy wait...  :congrats:

I just edited this to add that we could meet up for a ride to Texas if you're still going... I just posted it below...
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline ZillaX

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2006, 10:40:47 AM »
Hey ZenMan-

I'm not supposed to get my bike until March now according to my dealer!  If you get your in Jan.  I'm gonna be soooooo.... jealous!! I paid $7800.00 before any tax or license, so sounds like we got a similar deal.  I am so stoked to get my new bike.  I can't wait to feel the roll on urge in that big 4 banger!  I gotta feeling my days downshifting two gears to pass are over! :grin: I wish some more info. would get printed about the bike.  If you hear any new info.  let me in on it!  

By the way congrats on the new bike!  I like your taste in color! :congrats:
07 1250S Bad in Black!
84 Nighthawk 650
72 Honda CB 500F

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2006, 11:17:54 AM »
You scared me so I called my dealer and asked again, she assures me it will be here in January. I have a deposit down on it. But just to ,ake sure, I told her I'll take the ABS model if it should arrive first, so I'm covered!

I haven't been able to find a damn thing on the '07's either. It looks like we'll be among the first ones to ride it. I'm looking forward to doing some "pioneering" on experimenting with the new Bandit, the exhaust especially.

Yeah, I like black, but I can live with the steel blue color too, as long as I like the ABS... otherwise I'm sure there'll be a way to disable or remove it.

Happy Hollidays...
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline ZOOMER

• Board Regular!
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 09:34:09 PM »
Quote from: "ZenMan"
Me too! I've got a black one coming in January also, maybe our bikes will arrive at the same time?

My price is $7749, but that's before taxes which will be around $400. Here we pay the taxes at the DMV when we apply for the title. Or I have the option of the ABS for $8149, if it should arrive first. I'm not sure about the ABS, I do like to brake hard into corners and I hear that could be an issue.

Also we are fortunate to have decent riding weather all year around, if you don't mind 40's-50's and the occasional sleet. Not much snow though.

I'll definitely let you know when mine arrives, I can harldy wait...  :congrats:

Yeah! I'll be jealous too!

Wow, this thread is a lot friendlier than that other one! More folks here excited about the new '07 1250... can't wait to get mine!  :banana:
ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 09:52:44 PM »
Quote from: "ZOOMER"
Wow, this thread is a lot friendlier than that other one!

Yeah it is... think I'll hang out here!  :bigok:

Quote from: "ZillaX"
Hey ZenMan-

I'm not supposed to get my bike until March now according to my dealer!  If you get your in Jan.  I'm gonna be soooooo.... jealous!! I paid $7800.00 before any tax or license, so sounds like we got a similar deal.  I am so stoked to get my new bike.  I can't wait to feel the roll on urge in that big 4 banger!  I gotta feeling my days downshifting two gears to pass are over! :grin: I wish some more info. would get printed about the bike.  If you hear any new info.  let me in on it!  

By the way congrats on the new bike!  I like your taste in color! :congrats:

ZillaX... you know, if we get our bikes in time, there's a couple guys planning on a trip to Mexico on their V-Stroms and they'll be coming through sometime in the middle of March. They invited me to ride along with them as far as Texas, where I'll be splitting off and heading west to Phoenix.

If you wanted, maybe we could all meet up here for the ride to Texas? It's on the way for you... I'm in south-central Missouri. It would be a great way to break in our new bikes and compare notes... and have a lot of fun doing it.

In fact anyone interested can PM me if you wanna ride along. I think they were talking about March 17th or 19th... whichever is on the weekend.

Might be fun!  :bigok:

Offline ZillaX

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2007, 09:33:41 AM »
Sounds like fun ZenMan!  We'll have to see how things play out when the bike arrives as far as weather and when my folks can watch out kids for a few days.

Have you heard anything else about the arrival date of your new bike?  My dealer is still pretty short on definitive answers.
07 1250S Bad in Black!
84 Nighthawk 650
72 Honda CB 500F

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2007, 09:57:06 AM »
ZillaX

Yeah, I was at the dealers the other day bugging them and I was shown their order sheets. According to that, the ABS model is due to appear on the showroom floors this month (Jan). The standard "S" models show late March or April, even though they ordered it back in November.

If you're the impatient type like me, you may want to consider switching your deposit to an ABS model... it's only $400 more and it's due out this month. I have my deposit on whichever one comes in first, which is most likely the ABS.

I've thought and talked about the ABS over and over, and I'm going to go ahead with it. If anything, it'll improve the resale value, and just might come in handy. And I do like the steel blue color...  :bigok:

Today's my birthday... it would be nice to get a phone call from the dealer today, huh? It's only 27 degrees out but who cares!  :banana:

Offline fossil

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2007, 10:14:34 AM »
Happy B'day Zen Man! :motorsmile:
'06 Bandit 1200S abs

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2007, 10:29:15 AM »
:thanks:  :beers:  :banana:  :bigok:

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2007, 07:38:04 PM »
Hey guys... Lmario has been kind enough to translate an entire review on the '07 Bandit 1250 from a euro-mag and post it for us here:
http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=7338&start=60

Good stuff!  :bigok: