Author Topic: Paint Code  (Read 10804 times)

Offline Barbarian

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.straightdope.com
Paint Code
« on: April 09, 2008, 04:29:38 PM »
Anyone happen to know the paint code for a red 2006 Bandit? I remember seeing it somewhere, but now that I want to buy some and paint match my fenda extenda I cannot remember the code...
2006 650 Bandit S w/ABS

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Paint Code
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 05:03:12 PM »
Well I'm glad this came up..recently Red pointed me to the FAQ for just this info...and I actually remembered -http://forums.banditalley.net/index.php?topic=195.0, I went to the site mentioned there and of course it doesnt seem to list any 06 bandits..and no 05 red bandits (which i thought may have had the same color)... Guess you could always check under the tank to see if you find the color code.
Wish I could be of more help.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline wizzobeer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »
If you go to color rite they can match it. The colour is called "Candy Sonoma Red." I tried to get the colour code from Suzuki and they were no help at all. I also took it to a paint shop that shoots a pic and tries to mix the colour up for you. They told me that there was no way they could match it. If you go to color rite look at the '05 bandit for a match.

:beers:

Offline Barbarian

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 05:36:25 PM »
Yeah, colorrite doesn't list red bandits at all...
And looking at Cycle Surge for Candy Sonoma Red, the code is YHL, but the colour in the photos looks much darker than what I ride.
2006 650 Bandit S w/ABS

Offline Barbarian

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 05:42:14 PM »
2006 650 Bandit S w/ABS

Offline wizzobeer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 06:32:49 PM »
Are you looking at the Candy Velvety red as the colour? I don't think thats right... but am not 100% sure. From what I understand the UK gets different colours then us.

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 07:50:01 PM »
call Color Rite and send money $ .
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 09:38:16 PM »
Yeah, colorrite doesn't list red bandits at all...
And looking at Cycle Surge for Candy Sonoma Red, the code is YHL, but the colour in the photos looks much darker than what I ride.

Color-Rite doesn't list 2006 Bandits in ANY color.  Maybe because they are a US company and there was no '06 Bandit in the US? 
They DO list red Bandits in the years they were available in the US and they show 2007 B1250's in Candy Sonoma Red (YHL)... it's Color-Rite color number 4666.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Slider

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 01:41:41 AM »
Up here in the not so frozen north, (now at least), we have an auto parts store called NAPA. Not all the stores have paint anlysers but even some villages do. They put the gizmo on your bike and get a reading -Even if it's faded. Order the smallest can  and pay for it. They'll deliver to the auto paint shop of your choice, n/c. Prearrange the paint job with him and negociate a cash price. Note that if HE pays for the paint, he must charge you ALL taxes, as that is the way the tax Greedos track his tax liability. All taxes Here is GST/PST and his income taxes. This can save you 20% or more.
Remove your own fairing -much cheaper. It's not as hard as a looks, nor is reinstall. Use needlenose pliers to pull the mount grommets thru. Take note of all harness wraps and where the little bits go. If you don't have one, borrow a digital camera to take pics on disassembly. You might need it for re-assembly. While the windshield is off, buy and use some Plexiglass Cleaner. You'll be astonished at how well it works.

I have a 98 that got arse ended, (while parked), in a supermarket parking lot. I saw it happen from a distance. A gal was driving and her whole car shook. She just ignored its falling over and drove off. This cracked the fairing in a couple of spots on one side and scraped it up.

I didn't know that the autobody shops can weld this stuff from the inside -cheap too.

Anyhoway, I had all three pieces of the fairing painted and welded for about half of the price of a single new 1/3 panel piece -boy these Jap guys are greedy with their parts.

Also: Before hand, take the pristine piece with the logo on it to a sign shop an they will scan or photograph the Bandit Sxx00 logo. Ask for mono colour gold? logo in vynl. Saves $ and NO one will ever notice that the subtle outlining isn't there. I chose a somewhat brighter gold from their swatch and it looks Better, methinks and $50 beaverbucks ttL for a rush job.

The painter put it on n/c above.

This cured the mess and a few other dings too. Well worth it, (about $200 ttl).  :grin:

I still think the Bandit is the best all around bike.  :clap:
It goes like stink. Without any bags, it will cow trail with reasonable grace. It's light and will putt around a scenic area like a plodding old mare and doesn't require premium fuel which is outrageously more up here, (forty cents a US gallon more).

Cheers Guys

Bandit 12, Yoshi can, jets, KNN, Gen Mar risers, 3 Givi 36L hardbags