Author Topic: New B1250 Review  (Read 6803 times)

Offline Katamaniac

• Board Homesteader!
New B1250 Review
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 01:34:52 PM »
Quote from: "ZenMan"

There's no emissions requirement here in southern Missouri either. The only reason to keep the big stock muffler is for the warranty.

Looks like the bike arrived at the dealer yesterday 03/27/07 and I'll have it home today or tomorrow, as soon as the papers come in. Yeehaa!

I'll post some pics ASAP.   :bandit:

I got a call from Betty last week. I am going to pick the new Bandit up next Friday. :grin:  I can't wait.

I was wanting to ride it home, but my kids will be with me, so it loks like it's going on the trailer :sad:
2006 Honda ST1300

1993 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline zeebandit

• Board Homesteader!
New B1250 Review
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 01:41:10 PM »
I'll be waiting for pics and reviews. It will help me make a decision. I'm thinking of getting a new Bandit 1250, or an 07 FZ1. Congrats on your new bikes. :congrats:
Free thinker and proud to be a member of a board that let's me be one.

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
New B1250 Review
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 02:48:35 PM »

That's good news... if that works out then the stock muffler will be going bye-bye.

I would imagine that some dealers could be a stickler about it though... any excuse not to honor the warranty, especially on a brand-new engine design. Also the O2 sensor and catyltic converter may be an issue.

I'll read the fine print.  :wink:

I asked the dealer before installing the pipe and jetting, they said no problem unless you lean it out too much.

Check out this link...it may interest you...
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216371
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
New B1250 Review
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 08:18:12 PM »
This is Joe & Betty Drinnon of Drinnon's Cycle, West Plains, Mo. Nicest folks I ever bought a motorcycle from.

That's the new bike before I got it dirty riding it home...  :motorsmile:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
New B1250 Review
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 08:25:29 PM »
Quote from: "zeebandit"
I'll be waiting for pics and reviews. It will help me make a decision. I'm thinking of getting a new Bandit 1250, or an 07 FZ1. Congrats on your new bikes. :congrats:

Here's the first ride report as promised (thread "NUMBER 99"): http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=8546

Thanks for the congrats!  :wink:

Quote from: "Dreadnought"

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216371

Great link, thanks! I second the motion!

KATAMANIAC... Your B1250 is waiting for you, bro... I saw it in the crate!  :grin:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
New B1250 Review
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 09:08:43 PM »

Thanks for the link, Zenman.
That guy is REALLY pumped....and he's owned a number of Beemers too, so any comparisons he makes are definitely of interest and are certainly quite valid, IMO. Quite an interesting post.... :bigok:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
New B1250 Review
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 09:29:03 PM »
That was my link....thank the right person :stickpoke:  :lol:
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
New B1250 Review
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 09:35:44 PM »
Yep... thank Dread for that one!  :wink:

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
New B1250 Review
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 10:11:47 PM »
Quote from: "gyrogearcrunch"
Thanks, Red... I just went through the same surgery on my right shoulder, and it's a long, painful process getting back in shape. I'm still only about 80%, but it's getting there.

I will be able to "explore" the bike thoroughly and take pics. Things like the location of the O2 sensor, wiring harness, what it looks like under the seat and tank, how much does that big muffler/converter really weigh...

By the time I'm healed up enough to ride, we'll be pretty familiar with the details. I'll keep ya'll posted.  :wink:

Move down to Tampa, FL - there are no emissions requirements heah, so y'all can replace that "steamboat funnel" exhaust can without a second thought, except how to keep the computer happy.

Herb

Hey Gyro...  :welcome:  

There's no emissions requirement here in southern Missouri either. The only reason to keep the big stock muffler is for the warranty.

Looks like the bike arrived at the dealer yesterday 03/27/07 and I'll have it home today or tomorrow, as soon as the papers come in. Yeehaa!

I'll post some pics ASAP.   :bandit:

Excellent, ZenMan! Looking forward to the feedback.

Herb

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
Re: New B1250 Review
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 09:09:39 PM »
Found another review on the '07 Bandit on this guy's blog... it's from Two Wheels Only Magazine from the UK.

I'm not sure of the copyright issues so I'm just posting the link. Click on "Page 1" and "Page 2" to read it:

http://tinyurl.com/2koucw

"More grunt than a constipated bison." He he, I like that.  :bigok:

Did a double-take on your picture until I realized that you weren't really the character "DORF" in leathers. The light makes it look like a pair of shoes sticking forward from where the knees should be. Then I laughed so hard I almost s**t myself.

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
New B1250 Review
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 11:02:50 PM »
That was my link....thank the right person

:worship:

My humblest apologies, Dreadnought.....
All I can say is that I musta been in a hurry when I wrote that post. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :wink:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2007, 12:35:15 AM »

Did a double-take on your picture until I realized that you weren't really the character "DORF" in leathers. The light makes it look like a pair of shoes sticking forward from where the knees should be. Then I laughed so hard I almost s**t myself.

Those ARE a pair of boots sticking out from his knees... I don't know who that is, I found it somewhere on the net and laughed my ass off too.

Midget racer.  :lol:

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 01:07:19 AM »

Those ARE a pair of boots sticking out from his knees... I don't know who that is, I found it somewhere on the net and laughed my ass off too.

Midget racer.  :lol:

Oh man, when you add up the rider with the tiny bike - no, NO! Stop it - or I'm gonna die laughing!

Herb

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
New B1250 Review
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2007, 01:31:08 AM »
Here's the original pic... found it on another board somewhere:

Notice the training wheels?  :motorsmile: