Author Topic: shit ............ everywhere  (Read 3744 times)

Offline Diskbrake

• TURBO TYPER!
shit ............ everywhere
« on: October 24, 2005, 10:01:04 PM »
I have a B6 with a jackup kit, custom number plate holder(very small one) and a rear hugger + undertray. I live in the UK and yes it rains ....... ALOT, and when ever i go out riding when the ground is wet (dosnt have to be raining at the time) all the shit of the road flys up and lands all over the pillion seat, my back, the undertray and all over the top of the rear mudguard and makes a complete mess. Now this donst happen to my mates suzuki GS 500 or the ZZR 600 they stay clean its just my bandit, what can i do to prevent this.
Bandit 600n black 1999
LeoVince SBK carbon fiber exhaust, Jackup kit, PowerBronze rear hugger, undertray, bellypan, custom number plate + holder, Datatool system 3 alarm and a lovely restrictor kit to top it all off.

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 12:08:59 AM »
Well I don't know if this is esthetically pleasing to you but you could rivet or bolt a piece of rubber to the end of the fender and make a mud guard. If you bolt it you could always take it off when it's nice out.
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline NCBANDIT

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 12:45:23 AM »
Well, the factory rear fender does a pretty good job of keeping the crap to a minimum. :stickpoke:

But since it's gone, I would say you'll need to go with choice A (see above post)  Or stay off wet roads, but hey, the stripe up your back adds character :motorsmile:

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 09:26:01 AM »
:shock: So that's why Suzuki put a rear fender on the bike. :shock:   Hmmmm...

:wink:

Offline tacoman

• Board Homesteader!
fender
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 02:03:07 PM »
I noticed right away when I trimmed my rear fender that I lost a lot of water protection.  The water now flies up and puddles in the seat area.  I have a Corbin seat and if forms a nice "bowl" where I sit as well as the passenger area.  Its all a case of fashion over function.

Offline B12Teuton

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 04:44:54 PM »
Quote from: "Desolation Angel"
:shock: So that's why Suzuki put a rear fender on the bike. :shock:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :bigok:

:boohoo:
Manny
ATGATT (all the gear all the time!)
2006 KTM450XC Thump-whore

Offline Diskbrake

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 04:53:11 PM »
Today i had to go out in the rain and went over a cow pat and it flew up and a big chunk of shit landed on mi shoulder  :rant2:
Av just found out that the rear fender fitted is ment for a B12, and is scrathed so am gona get a new one........... any really good ones out there :banana:
Bandit 600n black 1999
LeoVince SBK carbon fiber exhaust, Jackup kit, PowerBronze rear hugger, undertray, bellypan, custom number plate + holder, Datatool system 3 alarm and a lovely restrictor kit to top it all off.

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 05:58:52 PM »
I don't think any aftermarket rear fender treatment is going to offer any protection from what you're talking about.
  You're probably better off looking for a used OEM rear fender...........
   The hugger doesn't seem to do anything? :?:
  The water's not actually coming from the front wheel, is it?
 Maybe a fender extender would help?

I always thought a hugger would perform like a rear fender in the wet.
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 10:18:53 PM »
Quote from: "PeteSC"
I always thought a hugger would perform like a rear fender in the wet.

Huggers end too short to protect your back from any spray. They do keep the suspension cleaner and ones with any substantial sides (like most of the aftermarket ones for the B6/12) will keep spray from the wheel off your lower legs & feet. To keep your back dry with a hugger, it would have to be more like the ones Yamaha put on the old XV920's.

Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Silverstreak

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 10:09:34 PM »
Some BMW's have a tiny fender, no bigger than your hand, and because it's perfectly positioned it catches all the crap.
Do or do not, there is no try.  
-Yoda

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 01:27:32 AM »
Quote from: "Silverstreak"
Some BMW's have a tiny fender, no bigger than your hand, and because it's perfectly positioned it catches all the crap.

:duh: Forgot about those "dirtcatchers" - they are available from the aftermarket for Bandits, too... but at €189 too rich for my blood!
(Available from Thunderbike in Germany.)

Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline lmao_37

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 08:05:42 AM »
hi there

i put an undertray on my 98 b6 also have a standard sized number plate that works pretty well  as a rear fender and stops the muck from the road hiting me in the back  :stickpoke:

dougie    :motorsmile:
98 bandit 600 n