Author Topic: RoadBike Mag Project Bike  (Read 5471 times)

Offline Oldschooler

• Board Homesteader!
RoadBike Mag Project Bike
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2006, 01:33:32 AM »
and it's hardly dangerous (unless you're in the habit of riding with no hands around corners).

God that was funny tp me for some reason!  I'm still laughing!!!

:toofunny:
75 Kawi F7 175 / 1975 thru 1982
86 Honda TLM 200 / 1986 thru 2001
96 Suzuki Bandit 600S / June 2005 (still got it)
06 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Offline Buzter

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: RoadBike Mag Project Bike
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 08:34:37 PM »
Actually my 02' has that too.  I think it might be the front tire.  It's the original front and will be changed this spring.  Probably with a Continental Road Attack.

Quote from: "afm956"
Quote from: "Sven"
Apparently Bandits have a "dangerous front-end wobble at certain RPM" and the Bandit's carbs are notoriously difficult to tune.

The 2nd-gen B12 did have a wobble, the only way to detect it was to take your hands off the bars and let the bike decelerate. As mentioned, the 90X Macadams were often blamed. The simple solution was to not go around riding with no hands.  :lol:

I have Pilot Roads on my '01 B12, there is zero wobble with hands removed.

The 1st-gen B12 carbs were a bit finicky, but the 2nd-gen B12 carbs are plug and play IMHO. Easier to tune and they give better fuel economy too.

Thanks for the tip on the project bike article, I'll have to check that out. Hopefully they will have a nice suspension upgrade planned too.

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2006, 02:47:04 PM »
I just bought the same exhaust and mid pipe(mine's aluminum) but mine has an integrated can mount not that ugly band going around the can. I'm glad it was so simple, but no shims or jetting? Did they ride the bike after installing the pipe? Hmmm..... I plan to shim my needles 1mm(.040) and turn out my mixture screws and maybe remove the snorkle.. Geez these guys didn't even turn out the mixture screws!
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 10:35:31 PM »
Quote from: "aussiebandit"
There is a front end wobble, but it's usually caused by crap Macadams, not the bike itself and it's hardly dangerous (unless you're in the habit of riding with no hands around corners).  Besides I thought the Macadam 100 sorted that......

......maybe one of you US blokes should right in to the mag and let them know that they are talking out their rear ends.

Funny that one, :roll:
Crap tyres and associated with rpm, bloody good motorcycle jorno's you guys have over there in the good old US of A. :stickpoke:
Man just maybe I should get my greencard and come over there, and become a jorno, and write in a mag that is read by your brain surgeons.
Sorry I see it's already been done :stickpoke:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Sorry guys the beams are getting to me :grin:
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.