Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 271624 times)

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #270 on: December 06, 2005, 06:03:42 PM »
I'll be moving to Phoenix next February.  Welcome to the site.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline TK421

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #271 on: December 15, 2005, 08:13:26 PM »
Hi guys.  I love the site-- everyone I know who rides is on a Harley  :annoy: , so its good to be able to talk to people who like to get a little more bang for their buck!

I have a silver 2002 1200S with very few mods.  I have Givi Wingrack installed and just put a Loobman on last week (verdict still out on that one.)  I'm hoping to find a taller windscreen under the tree this year, and I'm looking for a nice integrated taillight/ turnsignal setup.  (I hate those bulky signals from Givi.)

I've lived all over the east coast but I'm currently on the west coast of FL.  I've also got a newborn at home so needless to say saddle time has been somewhat reduced of late!

Happy riding everyone, and to those of you in the North, only 4 months to to go!!

2002 GSF1200S

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2005, 08:27:50 PM »
Welcome TK..... glad you made the trip over to BA.  The loobman takes some getting used to and no doubt you have overused it a time or two.  I have one but pretty much only use it on longer trips (150 miles +)
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline Farre

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #273 on: December 16, 2005, 07:41:36 AM »
Hi, ehh.. I've posted already on this site but only now i've noticed everybody *should* introduce themselves on this link, whoops :duh:

I'm Alex aka Farre from Belgium. Bought my '91 B4 (completely stock) beginning of November this year and i love it!! It is a tremendous difference with my former bike, a Honda NX250. Of course, cause it's a different style but also i've had the chance to compare it with the Kawa ER-5. The B4 is just so much more agile!

Sadly i have to report that 2 weeks i've had an accident with this bike and currently it's standing in the garage waiting for the expert to tally the repair costs. It wasn't my mistake so everything should work out in terms of cash but i'm a sitting duck for a while  :sad:
Public transportation has never been so annoying  :wink:
Alex
'91 B4 almost bone stock:
GK73 Inner forks& Springs
B6 Rear Shock

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #274 on: December 16, 2005, 09:58:00 AM »
Welcome newbies and sorry 'bout the bike, man!

Offline JayRo

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #275 on: December 16, 2005, 03:55:57 PM »
Wow! This is the first time I have seen this post.  I guess my mom was right when she said I would go blind if I kept doing that unmentionable thing.  Well, my name is Jason Ronson, hence the lame user name, but someone from work started calling me that, and unfortunately it stuck.  The low expectation vibe it sends out is right up my banditalley.  I am 32 and live in northeast georgia about an hour from atlanta.  I have been getting injured on motorcycles since I was a wee lad. i.e. broken nose, slashed throat, etc.  

I have owned Honda shadows ever since I was 16, other than my dirtbikes,  but I started getting annoyed with my last 93 spirit.  Acting like a big wind sail is not my idea of a comfortable riding position.  I will say this about the shadows though.  They are bullet proof.  I have never had any problems from any of my shadows.  Routine maintenance is all that was required.  

I wanted something a little bit more fun to ride so I picked up a 99 B12.  What a change!  It took a while to get the mechanical problems worked out, but with this sites help, it now runs great.  

Now if my wife would release her vise like grip from my beanbag and let me ride more often, life would be grand.

Offline SimplyMe

• New user!
SimplyMe
« Reply #276 on: December 30, 2005, 05:07:06 PM »
Hi...

New to your sight and looking forward to learning, sharing and making friends here as the New Year begins to ring in...

:thanks:  for the Hello's and Welcomes...

SimplyMe
 ~Rea
"When and to Where the Lord sends me... I'll need 2 wheels 2 get there!"

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #277 on: December 30, 2005, 05:45:43 PM »
Hi Rea!
How's the DR-Z400SM doin'?
So... do you have a Bandit now?
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Smelly-Trout

• New user!
« Reply #278 on: January 05, 2006, 06:06:40 PM »
Hello all, I'm Carl (smelly-trout) i live in england , i have a gsxr 1260 engined bandit which i'm fitting a nitrous kit over winter, it's a bit scruffy at the moment but i want to make sure it goes, before it shows -  :thanks:
It Ain't A Crime If You Don't Get Caught.....

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #279 on: January 05, 2006, 11:17:55 PM »
Quote from: "Smelly-Trout"
Hello all, I'm Carl (smelly-trout)

Okay... I'll bite - what's the story behind the screen name - there HAS to be a story.   :wink:

....and BTW - Welcome to the site. :beers:  :beers:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline Smelly-Trout

• New user!
« Reply #280 on: January 06, 2006, 09:17:18 AM »
Sorry, no real story (not an interesting one anyway)
a friend went to buy a gsxr, he said he wouldn't touch it because it was an "old smelly trout"

I then had one of those inspirational moments of "that’s a screen name nobody will have”, so I can keep the same name everywhere.......  :grin:

Although I have just been told what it can mean in other parts of the world
which gives it a whole new meaning   :shock:
It Ain't A Crime If You Don't Get Caught.....

Offline bassguytom

• TURBO TYPER!
Hi folks!
« Reply #281 on: January 11, 2006, 04:33:07 PM »
Just sold my LS650 Savage and bought a "mild fixer" '02 Red B6s...it's my "dream bike" and I can't wait to get it all fixed up and running.  It doesn't need much, but logistics are just going to take a couple of weeks.  I'm in central Alabama and I guess I'll be spending a little time on this board as I get to know my bike.  

Been riding since I was 12 (that'd be 34 years ago), with mostly street stuff since I got my first GS400 in 1978.  I've put a bike down before (or it put me down...and jumped on me), and I hope not to repeat that experience in this lifetime.  

I have some noob questions to ask about my 'new' bike since it didn't come with an owners manual or a repair manual.  I'll get those eventually, but right now I'm just going by feel.  I'll get some pics up eventually too.   :motorsmile:

Offline DogBoy

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #282 on: January 11, 2006, 08:27:31 PM »
Ooops. I'm late posting my to the welcome thread.

I've been lurking here and on the old non-VBulletin board for a couple of years. Spent most of my time at Sport-Touring.Net avoiding threads on "Best ST bike". I recognize Red01 and some other names from that forum.

I bought a '91 Bandit400 for my wife to use as her first bike. She loved it but ultimately decided riding wasn't for her. WooHoo! Another fun bike for me. I've been riding for almost 15 years, club raced with AFM for two years (FZR400) and now do many day rides in NorCal and short tours ('96 YZF600).

I've been dumping some dollars into the B4 lately and I'm overwhelmed by the great wealth of info available among the devotees here.
 :thanks:
91 Bandit 400
89 FZR400
96 YZF600

Offline jason9775

• Board Regular!
HEY HEY HEY!
« Reply #283 on: January 11, 2006, 11:07:40 PM »
Greetings.. I actually joined a while ago and never got around to introducing myself.. here it goes! I live in San Diego and have been here
since 1978.. gee, wonder why I stayed! Anyway, I have an 02 Bandit 1200
(the train size headlight model) Here are the details. Got a D&D pipe, Dynojet stage 3 kit w/ K&N pods(xlnt combo) :lol: and O'neal dirtbike
bars.. super comfy, bar-end mirror, sliders, Michelin Pilot Powers(best handling tires yet, in my opinion) :motorsmile:  and I have a double bubble windscreen and Nelson Rigg Pro tail Pack on the way!! Woo-Hoo, don't have stuff my jacket anymore! I ride my bike to work most of the time and on the weekends. Looking forward to chatting with y'all!!

J

Offline Big Bandit

• New user!
« Reply #284 on: January 19, 2006, 05:10:45 PM »
Hey!

I live in central Texas on the edge of the hill country, which is the best riding in Texas.  I have 98 B12 with Corbin seat and Beetle bags which I bought about a year ago.  I just found you guys.  I like to go on day trips in the hill country and go on long road trips.  I have ridden my Bandit halfway across the country to FL.  I like to camp when I travel.  I look forward to visiting this site.

Rod
While the brave may not live forever, the timid never live at all.