Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 271704 times)

Offline Ripper00

• New user!
Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #375 on: May 26, 2006, 07:02:44 PM »
Hi, I've been reading this forum for some time and thought I'd introduce myself. After years of wanting to get a bike, I took the plunge. (just completed MSF). Was expecting to get a GS500 for my first bike and came across the bandit.... I'm now expecting delivery of my "new" 2000 bandit 600s next week. My research says the bandit is a great bike (don't expect any arguments here :grin: ).

Anyway, any advice from you vets for a new bandit rider is appreciated. I'm glad to be a member of the bandit family.  :motorsmile:
There is no such thing as a bad day.....
Some days are just better than others.

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #376 on: May 26, 2006, 07:36:43 PM »
You'll dig it.  They just seem to be about the most versatile things ever made.  Them and V-Stroms.

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #377 on: May 26, 2006, 08:42:11 PM »
Welcome!  Congrats on the bike!  I got a 650.  You might hear some references here about the 1200 being faster than our bikes on the straights and on the corners but we can beat them everywhere else. :lol:

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #378 on: May 26, 2006, 09:04:55 PM »
Yeah, Jim says he has a 650, but you can't prove it by us.  Seems, unlike all the other members, he hasn't ever posted a pic of it.

I'm just sayin'!

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #379 on: May 26, 2006, 10:01:12 PM »
I posted this picture the first day, I'm sure!

This is April 6th, the day I got my Bandit - was going to ride her home but it snowed pretty heavily.  

Warning:  The Surgeon General has determined that this picture might show material that could make some people physically sick.  If you have a queasy stomache, please click on  the URL, lean back in your chair, turn your head slightly to the right and squint.  A garbage can or other receptacle should be on the floor, six inches from your chair, just in case...  You have been warned....

http://hosting.showthatimage.com/serve.cfm?webhost=CCE3A023-603A-4F29-BD3AF2E1FDF61D6E.jpg

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #380 on: May 27, 2006, 01:47:00 AM »
So, Jim, how cold WAS it on the ride home like that ??? Or did you just take off the toque for the pic ??? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
That's quite a cat's cradle of tiedowns you've got going there. I'll bet all the neighbourhood spiders were green with envy.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Kidding aside, you look like a very happy guy and that's a nice ride you've got there. I believe the cops call that colour "Arrest Me Red", so keep a close eye on your speedo !!!  :grin:
 :congrats:  :beers:  :bigok:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #381 on: May 27, 2006, 07:55:41 AM »
I usually just use the two ties on the handlebars with the forks being compressed and don't worry about it.  With my brand new Suzi, I just kept rolling on and on with those darn straps.  I felt like covering the whole thing in duct tape!  But got her home no worries. (Then I scratched her up later).

Yeah, the salesman said I could have any colour I wanted, as long as it was black or red.  So I didn't sleep for two days trying to decide and then finally chose black.  I called him up and he said they had only ever had ONE black and it was just sold!!  There were 52 red ones in their garage so I decided on red.

Happy as a pig in Brooks, AB (not) with the bike and love the colour.

Funny thing about the speed, I ride way faster on the bike than in my Ford pickup, but the coppers never give me a second look.  So far, the Suzuki gods have been on my side.

Offline thurm

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #382 on: May 27, 2006, 05:40:40 PM »
HI ALL!! Still new at this,I have a Bandit 400 ,91 model.all stock except the partial front fender.
 I am from oklahoma,around the poteau area.
there are mountains north  and south of me.
There is a lot of mountain twisties around here.One road is called skyline drive, always see bikers on it.Starts in oklahoma and ends  in mena arkansas.all bikers seem to stop and eat at the Queen Whillimena lodge, at the top of Ritch mountain.which is part of the winding stair mountains range,I live at the foot of sugarloaf mountain,To go hiking all i have to do is walk out the door and start up the mountain.
 My other horse is a suzuki C-50. Here is link to pic.

http://www.freewebs.com/mamachipmunk/MVC%2D001F.JPG
If it wont go,use a bigger hammer!

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #383 on: May 27, 2006, 07:06:46 PM »
Welcome, Thurm!  You live in God's Country, doncha know it?

Weird you gotta C50 because I was REALLY leaning toward a M50 when I bought my 650 Bandit.  I come from cruisers so they are still near and dear to me.

How do you find the comfort compares between the two bikes?  Does the C feel gutless after the 400 or are they pretty much the same?

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #384 on: May 27, 2006, 07:25:09 PM »
:shock:       :shock:       :shock:

OMG!  It's Squidward!

:shock:       :shock:       :shock:

OK, so it's a cool bike.  But I thought all the half-pints had grey engines?

Offline thurm

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #385 on: May 27, 2006, 08:01:57 PM »
Thanks Jim! It is really beautiful here.I like to take fall rides as the leaves are turning.
 And the twisties are fun to power out of!!
 As far as comparison of the c-50 to the 400 cant  really say ,havent ran the c 50 hard yet,still on the break in milage. 65 is as fast as i run it till I hit 1000 ,then well it balls to the walls!!!
 but i think the bandit will take it off the line, but will pass the bandit on the high end.
 Like i say i havent 1/4 miled it yet.
  The c-50 is more comfortable to do long road trips on, no handle bar vibration that i can tell.the seat in definately more cushie.
  But not as neary fun to ride as the bandit,for as i love the quickness and handling thru the curves. If it wasent for the wife riding, would have got the b 1000  Or Dare i dream.......... HAYBUESA!!??

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #386 on: May 27, 2006, 10:09:56 PM »
I love the bandit but everywhere I go here (today was nice and sunny and warm), I'm seeing cruisers left, right and centre.  I love to yak so I'm always stopping and talking to the different riders.  Makes me pine for another one.

Maybe I should pick up a used one this October for those times when the mood hits!  I just love the M50 but I realize that's sorta only been around for a couple of years.

Are the M's not selling well?  My dealer had them discounted from $8800 down to $6800  CDN!!  For a brand new bike!!  That's like giving the durn thing away!

Offline thurm

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #387 on: May 28, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »
I know what you mean.
 Dont know much about the m 50 ,but i know the c 50 and m 50 have the gxr fuel injection system.
 havent had any trouble with mine [yet] ,theay are a volusia with a face lift.
so theay should be dependable.
 The only way to find out is to jump in. :beers:

Offline mothman

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #388 on: May 30, 2006, 04:19:04 PM »
Greetings. Raleigh, NC here.
I am currently looking at two different Bandits right now. I beleive I'll have one very soon. At the moment I have a 79 CB750f. I am in the middle of restoring that bike yet I want a great ride now. I have road off and street for years. I'll post a question on a new thread. Cheers all.
Where am I?

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #389 on: May 30, 2006, 08:21:15 PM »
Hey, Mothman, welcome!

Wasn't there a movie about you a few years back? :wink: