Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 271724 times)

Offline wrathchild

• Board Regular!
Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #435 on: September 06, 2006, 01:31:08 PM »
Hi guys ( and gals )

I am a new ( almost) Bandit owner and am looking forward to learning more about it.

I am from Montreal, Canada and am married with 2 boys. I have recently gotten my license, and for those who are familiar with Quebec know that I just went through hell and high water to get it, therefore with careful consideration, I have chosen a Bandit as my first bike.

I will be here often to get advice, tips, and insight into everthing from repairs, mods, and upgrades to my bike, as well as the occasional participation in the off topic stuff.

Hope to meet some of you on the road eventually!!!

Wrathchild

Offline willo

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #436 on: September 11, 2006, 02:49:36 AM »
Hi every body been lurking around for a few weeks now thought I better say Gday. My name is Graham I live in Logan City QLD Aust, I ride a bog stock 2002 1200s best bike I have owned, and have had a few I ride every day as I use the bike to commute + weekend fun. and I forgot to say I am allmost old...Graham

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #437 on: September 11, 2006, 06:06:58 AM »
A warm welcome to all the new folk that have joined since my last post. Sorry I didn't welcome some of you sooner, but between work and computer problems the last 6-8 weeks, getting on the board has not been something I could do.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline jasper

• New user!
awsome site.
« Reply #438 on: September 12, 2006, 09:52:56 PM »
Hi, i'm Dezza, i live in Darwin Australia.
I own a 1992 GSF 250 Bandit Grey import.
Just put in a recon motor but having afew problems starting it.seems like a fuel problem.
love riding only have my L plates for now should get my opens in December.

Offline ricander

• First Post! Be Gentle!
Noobie
« Reply #439 on: September 17, 2006, 03:28:03 PM »
Hello, and thanks to everyone involved in this board for keeping it online.  There's some great information here.
I recently bought a 1996 GSF600, which I use for my 30-mile commute to my work place. I've found my Bandit to be a comfortable, capable and -- knock on wood -- extremely reliable bike.
I look forward to chatting with everyone and, hopefully, providing some insight. Thanks again.

Offline seb

• First Post! Be Gentle!
« Reply #440 on: October 23, 2006, 09:20:31 AM »
Hi all,

I'm Seb, live in the UK, and I'm currently looking to own a 600 Bandit as my next bike. I currently own an RGV 250 but I'd like to get something that i can personalise a bit more.

I was wondering if anyone can give me any info on the 600 Bandit (older models around the '98 mark) such as any common faults, bits and bobs that need looking at before buying etc.

Thanks people, I hope to be joining the ranks very soon!

Seb

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #441 on: October 24, 2006, 11:47:34 AM »
:welcome: to the board!  :beers:

The good news is there's nothing peculiar to the 600 Bandit you should look for besides the normal stuff you'd look for on any used bike.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #442 on: October 24, 2006, 03:00:45 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I'm James and hail from Edmonton Alberta Canada. I picked up my new 06 B12S (red) last Saturday. I had an 04 KLR650 that I sold in September, it was a fun bike but lacked highway prowess :wink: Before that I had a Kawi ZX7R, Honda CBR600F4i,my fave bike a 99 Honda VFR800 (write-off in 02) and numerous other motorcycles dating back to the mid 80's. I picked the Bandit after riding a friend's 04 B12 and was quite impressed with it. My b12 is named Dreadnought following a theme of other bikes I've had named after Reno Air Racers.
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline seanhellen

• First Post! Be Gentle!
« Reply #443 on: October 28, 2006, 01:16:01 PM »
Hi everybody,

My name is Sean (as you could probably tell by me username!!!) and I am about to be the proud owner of a 2006 black B12S.   Over the past 4 years, I have had 2x125 varadero's (first was written off) and have just sold my K5 GS550F for a Bandit.   I am from Blackburn, Lancashire, UK so if anyone wants a ride somewhere, let me know.

I have been lurking round the forums for about a month now (but not registered) and found some goo useful info about the B12's.   Hope that in years to come, I can be as much help too.

Look forward to meeting you all,  :bigok:
Brand New Black 2006 B12S

Offline madmickyb

• TURBO TYPER!
hi from north yorkshire uk !!
« Reply #444 on: October 31, 2006, 06:57:43 PM »
just a quick hello ...names mick from north yorkshire i have two bikes a bandit 6 2001 fully faired and a baby gixxer 400 73a ..

mick :beers:

Offline Keith

• Board Regular!
« Reply #445 on: November 01, 2006, 02:07:21 PM »
Hello All!
  My name is Keith, I am from Orange County CA, picked up a '97 B12 recently.  I did not even know the bike existed before I saw it for sale on the side of the road.  I stoped, liked what I saw and read about the Bandit and proceded to get a good deal on it.  Right now the Bandit is in Lien Sale purgatory as the previous owner bought it from a towing yard that entered the VIN incorrectly.  The Bandit has to spend 31 days back at the tow yard with the potential for the original owner to reclaim it (upon which time I would get my money back).  14 days to go.
   I have previously owned a Honda Transalp, Honda Magna V65 (1985), and most recently a Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide (1999).  Following the HD I have been wanting for a bike with a bit more spirit and sport-ability and was looking at a Ducati Multistrada (could not get past the price tag for a commuter bike).  The Bandit changed how I look at motorcycles.  Great bike for the money.  If I do not get mine back from the lien sale I would quickly search for and buy another one.

Anyhow, I look forward to spending more time on the Bandit and getting to know you all around here.  Thanks for the great site.

Keith

Offline daking

• New user!
greetings from east Tn
« Reply #446 on: November 07, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »
i have a 01 1200s Bandit. Bought from the original owner, with 4800 miles on the clock. I think I have read every thread on the inter-net about the "oil" issue for the 01s and early 02s. My Bandit has the stock pistons, and so far very minimal oil use and no smoke. Maybe I have dodged the bullet.  With winter coming on, I am going to install a Holeshot stage 1 kit and order some new skins for the spring. I am alittle concerned about the stage 1 kit from Dale,s. I start seeing words like..needles, and jets, I start to feel faint. :scaredmouse:  How tough is it?
I have a nice garage and apretty good supply of tools, but have never taken apart carbs before. (I did take the blades off of the mower this past spring) :beers:
 Great bike and a great forum  I look forward to all posts.
  regards
  David

Offline gosnika4

• First Post! Be Gentle!
« Reply #447 on: November 07, 2006, 08:52:20 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am a proud owner of a '97 Bandit 600.  I love this bike and will probably keep it no matter what.  I joined this forum to try to meet other Bandit owners in the NW, specificaly in Oregon and SW Washington.  Happy riding!

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #448 on: November 07, 2006, 09:52:23 PM »
Welcome all.  Seems like a cool crop of newbies!  Love the baby gix!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline gdavis2265

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #449 on: November 10, 2006, 05:07:40 PM »
Hello everyone,

Mine name is Glenn and I am new to Bandits and BanditAlley.

Just bought a 2003 B12 naked.  The ususal: pipe, jetted, ss brake lines and so forth.   Rode it last week for the first time, I can't seem to wipe the grin off my face.  (coming off of a fzr600)  This is a beast!  Well, great site and look forward to learning much more.