Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 271723 times)

Offline 06 Greyhound

• Board Homesteader!
Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #450 on: November 12, 2006, 07:37:14 PM »
Hi All
My new 06 Bandit ABS is still sitting in the shop.
I did the deal and before I could pick the bike up it snowed and the weather has been rotten ever since.
This is my third bike, I started with a Ninja 500 and kept that for a year or so, until a gust of wind sent me on a trip from the centre line to the shoulder in a milasecond.
I live in Chinook country so I traided the Ninja for a VZ800, nice bike but I can't sit feet forward for the kind of miles I like to ride. So after a lot of thought I went for the Bandit.
Tony

Offline JamieK

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #451 on: November 12, 2006, 07:40:16 PM »
Quote from: "06 Greyhound"
Hi All
I did the deal and before I could pick the bike up it snowed and the weather has been rotten ever since.
This is my third bike, I started with a Ninja 500 and kept that for a year or so, until a gust of wind sent me on a trip from the centre line to the shoulder in a milasecond.
I live in Chinook country so I traided the Ninja for a VZ800, nice bike but I can't sit feet forward for the kind of miles I like to ride. So after a lot of thought I went for the Bandit.
Tony

Welcome Tony...some nice riding in your neck of the woods :grin: That is a nice blue on those ABS 06's...I picked up my red 06 in October, got a week in before the snow came to stay :wink:
Jamie K in Edmonton<br />06 B12S, Full Muzzy, Stage 1 jets, Timing Advancer

Offline 06 Greyhound

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #452 on: November 12, 2006, 07:53:46 PM »
Quote from: "Dreadnought"
Quote from: "06 Greyhound"
Hi All
Tony

Welcome Tony...some nice riding in your neck of the woods :grin: That is a nice blue on those ABS 06's...I picked up my red 06 in October, got a week in before the snow came to stay :wink:

I am really looking forward to my first ride.  I have never had a chance use ABS so that will be a bit of challenge, but we will see.  
My son and I have done a lot of ridiing into BC on the DH highways, he rides a SV650

Offline Keith

• Board Regular!
« Reply #453 on: November 22, 2006, 06:06:45 PM »
Update to my introduction (8 posts up the list):

I got my B12 back from Lien Sale purgatory. I installed a new Barrnett clutch, fixed the wiring so that the guages work, have a new chain and sprockets going on the day after Thanksgiving and am looking forward to some good rides.

Hope to meet some of you guys on the road,

Keith

Offline twigboy

• New user!
« Reply #454 on: November 23, 2006, 09:01:01 AM »
I have an '01 B12, looking to get the parts a little mixed up, someone on another forum suggested I ask all my questions here.
help me, i want to fight in the streets but my mother won't let me

Offline Chris Bandit

• New user!
New member here.
« Reply #455 on: November 27, 2006, 02:53:46 PM »
Just bought an '04 Bandit 1200.  It's a salvage bike, but an easy fix.  Had a friend who owned a Bandit 1200 when I owned a ZRX.  Rode it and I liked it!

Just sold my V-strom 1000, looking forward to getting back to an in-line 4.  I expect to have it road worthy plus mods by spring.  

My ideas include progressive fork springs and fork brace, Holeshot stage 1 jet kit, Holeshot slip on (maybe whole exhaust system), new paint, rear fender surgery, Holeshot rearsets, stainless steel brake lines....

Maybe I'll even make the '07 rally.

:beers:

Offline jlh1967

• First Post! Be Gentle!
New to the Board, looking forward to making some new friends
« Reply #456 on: November 28, 2006, 07:35:07 PM »

My names is James and I am in Kernersville, NC (Think Eastern central NC between Winston Salem and Greensboro)
I have a Dark Green 1999 GSF1200S with many mods and also just aquired a Black 1999 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird too. Had the Bandit since it was new .3 miles on it, no fluids. My baby!

Anybody in my general area?

Offline Subsailor

• New user!
Newbie here in Texas
« Reply #457 on: December 03, 2006, 01:36:39 AM »
Live in Red Rock, 40 miles southeast of Austin, recently purc hased a '98 1200, blue, with 15k miles for under $3000.  I have added a couple of 1000 miles already, and it is sweet.  I am 53, and the looks I get when I pull the helmet off and the younger crowd see the gray hair is PRICELESS.  The wife is happy the BANDIT is my only midlife crisis, or so she tells her friends.  Yeah, I wear a lot of safety gear, it saved my body when I was younger and stupid and "got off" at over 100 mph, on a HD.  I really like the power available, but try to save it for getting out of those blind spots, or away from stupid cagers.
Make my depth 6 feet, aye, sir

Offline bandito4play

• First Post! Be Gentle!
introduce yourself
« Reply #458 on: January 12, 2007, 09:11:22 AM »
Hey All,  Greetings from sunny Scottsdale, Az.

I'm a returning Bandit owner, I had a '98 1200s that was jetted and piped (Yoshi rs3 carbon) and like an idiot, I sold it for somethin else, which led to 3 more something else'es
which led back to an '04 1200s (graphite grey) with a Yoshi rs3 carbon on order.. I can't say enough about the Bandit 1200.. I'm 41 and have owned A Lot of motorcycles.  El Bandito just fits me, will go -go to jail fast- as you all know, and is easy to live with.  I ride year round to work on it as well.  My other ride is a XR650L dual sporter for dirty fun.

Any greater Phoenix area riders out there looking for a ride, give me a shout... Paul.
bandito4play@yahoo.com
Never be good at things you don't like to do.

Offline ratfink3000

• Board Regular!
Got My Groove Back!
« Reply #459 on: January 16, 2007, 05:02:23 AM »
New 2 ur board, with the good news (not about jesus, although he probably would have been a biker) that I have found my old 400 bandit again!

Had to sell it for a car (dont ask) some years ago and although i had bigger bikes afterward (CB750, Triumph Saint) I missed the little scamp.

Browsing thru TradeMe (like a kiwi version of Ebay) when I saw  it, in horrible repair, muddy, dented, dropped, smashed clutch cover . . . and had to rescue it.

I'll probably have millions of inane questions 4 u guys over the next few years!

Great to see a board dedicated to Japan's finest export!!!
"a fast motorcycle is just the continuation of evolution by other means"

Offline vyrolakos

• New user!
« Reply #460 on: January 18, 2007, 01:06:05 PM »
Hello!

New to the board after having picked up an '05 GSF1200S in PRISTINE condition with only 3000 miles on the clock. This bike is so clean they must have done the 3000 miles inside the showroom!  :motorsmile:

Looking forward to chatting about Bandits!

Jon

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #461 on: January 18, 2007, 06:00:03 PM »
:congrats: AND :welcome:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Boo-Arnz

• New user!
« Reply #462 on: February 14, 2007, 10:37:20 PM »
Hello Everyone!

Pround new owner of a '04 1200s.  My second bike, haven't ridden it for more than 20mins, and can't wait for the good weather to see what she can do...but so far.. :banana

Just happy to see there is a forum here for bandits :)

cheers,
Arne

ps- obv. want to thro some mods on this thing...Any BC boys here know of a good local shop with bandit stuff? (i'm still kinda newb in the bike scene)

Offline elbandito

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #463 on: February 14, 2007, 11:50:03 PM »
Hey everyone.  I ride an '02 600S.  Have had it since it had 0 miles on the odometer in 2002.  I love the bike, but have learned it isn't the best for road trips...  :duh:

Anyhow, it gets me back and forth to work and when I get the chance I take it up to the hill country for some twisties (north of San Antonio).

I'm a recovering Jeep addict, so my Bandit hasn't gotten much attention over the last 5 years (only 9k miles!).  The Jeep is gone, so now it's time to have a bit more fun with the Bandit!

- Eric
Eric
2002 Bandit 600S
Zero Gravity double-bubble, EXL luggage, not much more!

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
Re: withdrawal
« Reply #464 on: February 15, 2007, 10:47:26 PM »
Quote from: "PeteSC"
Tell me about it!
  Now instead of sitting here, mumbling at my computer....I can biotch at you guys! :grin:

Agreed. I was here B4 the KRASH, but got flushed down the circular depository.

Personal stuff? Live in the Tampa, FL Krime Zone. Seems all the whackoes come here in the winter to knock each other off, mostly drug-related. Even so, one must be careful not to get caught in the cross-fire. Good to ride "packin'".

Been riding since 1958 (1957 Parilla 175 was the 1st bike). Rode up and down old route 10 between Biloxi and Gulfport between "Barney's"  and "Barney's by the Sea". Only one of had a .38. The locals used to toss Cherry-bombs in front of us bikers for sport (they probably knew we came from the airbase).

Later years brought a 1962 Yamaha YDS2  250, a 1973 Honda 360, a 1972 Yamaha R5C 350, a 1980 Yamaha 850SX, a second 850, and finally a green 1999 Suzuki 1200S bandit. Cheez! It looks like I've been riding for 49 yarn's!

My local affiliation is the west-central Southern Cruisers, but they don't particularly care for my choice of bike (mine's faster than any of theirs - and it handles far better - hyuk! hyuk! hyuk!).

The area has been caught up in a real-estate "pump and dump" scheme of monumental proportions. You have to ask yourself: Who stands to benefit from this state of things? It certainly isn't the retirees! Don't move here if you can't stand the local insurance rates & taxes (exorbitant). The DemoPublicans are in cahoots with the Banking/Insurance/Real Estate Complex. We need good old Eisenhower now more than ever!

The local rides, while nice from the local interest standpoint, don't even come close to the rides in Northern NJ for scenic twisties. Besides, the roads in Tampa are chock-full of 115 lb. young blonde things in SUV's talking on their cell phones. They are so crazed, they will even try to beat a 1200 Bandit away from stoplight - and for top-end! I didn't know broads came with so much testosterone. Some idiot Corvette owners will try the same thing on Dale Mabry.

Anyway, "El Bandido" has lost its "S" fairing in  favor of a big Plexifairing windshield and a Givi Wingrack sporting a JC Witless topcase. The air inlet rubber (Shnorkel) has been removed from the airbox. The bars came off a GS1150 (taller, wider, more pullback), there's an X-chain on it, a set of Metzler ME-Z4's (Wotta tire!), a Yoshi RS-3 can, a stop-light blinker, and a set of 0.15" washers lifting the main jet rods. It made 111.4 RWHP last time I checked before most of these mods were done, but I've also added 30 lbs. of fat from eating southern food.  
Would love to move no'th again, say to Murray-land or Daily-Ware  (cheap taxes, insurance), but DarlingWife hates the cold (sigh!). Well, at least I get to ride 24/7/365 and ammo is cheap.  :duh:

Herb