Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 271740 times)

Offline Frisk Fisk

• Site Supporters
  • TURBO TYPER!
Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #495 on: April 27, 2007, 02:24:48 PM »
TechB's photo (page 32) can't be of Independence Pass in Colorado.  No smashed cars in sight below.  I lived there and vividly remember all the rusted wrecked autos in the ravines that belonged to flat-landers who didn't make it.  My then wife had to get loaded before she would attempt that pass with me.  But what a GREAT state for motorcycling (the western half, anyway).
What do we exist for but to laugh at our neighbors and be made sport of in our turn? (Jane Austin)

dgc

« Reply #496 on: April 27, 2007, 09:39:23 PM »
haha, i like your quote ZenMAn

" On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.'

Offline tonek1

• New user!
« Reply #497 on: April 29, 2007, 04:57:15 PM »
hi everyone,
my name is tony and i live in tewkesbury, gloucestershire in the uk and i have had a 2005 650s for 2 years and on friday the 4th of may i pick up a brand new black 1200sa k6 ............................ nice to join you all  :grin:

Offline Nitro

• Board Homesteader!
Howdy
« Reply #498 on: May 03, 2007, 10:34:27 PM »
Hello everyone,
I just got a 97 1200S Bandit on Tuesday and have a lot of questions, hehe. It has a Corbin seat w/backrest, a tall windshield, don't know the brand, and has a set of bar risers that raise the bars about 1 1/2" and move them back 1 1/2". It's been many years since I had a bike, and this one is unreal. Actually, I bought a Seca 650 last fall, but it has mechanical problems that would cost more to repair than it is worth, so I saw this Bandit at a nearby dealer and took the plunge. Even in stock trim, it is outrageous compared to the bikes of 20 years ago. I look forward to reading through the forum. I've already made a pretty good dent in some of the threads.
97 Bandit 1200S

Offline wizud

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #499 on: May 03, 2007, 10:43:58 PM »
Welcome Tony & Nitro. Oh and Tony congrats on the new ride,just be gentle with the right hand :motorsmile:
If you can't ride today, try and have a good day anyway!

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #500 on: May 04, 2007, 02:46:30 AM »
:welcome:   Tony and Nitro!  :motorsmile:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #501 on: May 04, 2007, 08:24:20 PM »
Welcome Everybody!!
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline tonek1

• New user!
« Reply #502 on: May 06, 2007, 03:50:40 AM »
thanxs for the welcome guys ................ oh and by the way - im well chuffed with my new bike - its awesome

Offline SP-Dee

• Board Regular!
Another newbie
« Reply #503 on: May 09, 2007, 08:54:30 PM »
Hello there! Hi...good to meet you all!

I'm Dee, from Edmonton, AB. New rider for about 1.5 years. Can't believe I waited this long to get a license for riding. I used to come here and read before the board disappeared. I didn't own a Bandit then but after spending time deciding what bike I wanted, I had my heart set on a Bandit. So I have one now :) (insert happy dance). Actually it wasn't that easy, I pored over every used ad possible and dealership  in the region and just couldn't find one I wanted.

Actually, after info from Red on another board, and some pics I found on here, I believe I bought Bazza's Bandit! And what a beautiful bike it is, I enjoy every moment on it. I hated riding the little Suzuki S40 I had last year and the difference between riding something you don't want and something you enjoy is amazing. I'm out as often as possible now.

I look forward to reading some more on this site, it's a great place for info I have already found!
2002 Bandit 1200S

Offline Nitro

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #504 on: May 09, 2007, 10:03:46 PM »
Welcome aboard Dee.
97 Bandit 1200S

Offline wizud

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #505 on: May 09, 2007, 10:53:42 PM »
Welcome aboard Dee- both the site and the Bandit :welcome:
If you can't ride today, try and have a good day anyway!

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #506 on: May 09, 2007, 11:07:17 PM »
:clap:

Offline 03banditrdr

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
hello
« Reply #507 on: May 10, 2007, 01:42:32 PM »
Hello everyone, Im Phil from wichita Kansas. I am married and the father of 4 children, 1 girl and 3 boys. I work in the aviation industry for Rockwell Collins in the Test Equipment Repair and Calibration end.  I recently purchase my 03 Bandit from my good friend Daniel, he bought the bike new on my recommendation as his first bike, he recently bought a Hyabusa so I purchased the Bandit from him. Ive been riding off and on for over 20yrs now and untill 3 yrs ago last march was one of the lucky ones, however a young lady felt the need to get through the intersection I was occupying even though her light was red. so here I am 3 yrs later back on a bike.  Heres me on my last bike, my Vmax.
[

My wife and kids at Niagra Falls a couple yrs ago.

My Daughter, she lives in Queens NY:

Me and Tito Ortiz at the Crown Plaze in Secaucus NJ the day after he won his frst UFC title:

My Rat Terrier  Zeus:

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #508 on: May 10, 2007, 02:17:35 PM »
:welcome: Dee and Phil!  :bigok:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #509 on: May 11, 2007, 12:56:59 PM »
03banditrdr welcome. Its good to hear your back on your feet and on two wheels again enjoying a B12. That roulette wheel of unforeseeable danger is out there for us and I have had a couple crashes and a few near misses myself. There are many that are so shaken by a crash mentally they never ride again, but here you are. It will be interested to know your your opinion on the difference in performance between the V-max and the B12. Before the B12 I almost bought one as it used to be the Icon bike.