Author Topic: First real ride of the year  (Read 9002 times)

Offline Tundrahog

• Board Homesteader!
First real ride of the year
« on: April 10, 2005, 06:31:10 PM »
Took the Bandit out for the first real ride of the year today.  About 2 hours on back country 2 lane highways.  All the rain from last week seems to have washed all the gravel off the roads, and the weather to day was perfect for riding.  The only tough part of the ride was the 5 miles or so I had a trooper sitting on my tail,  he finally turned away when I crossed from NY to PA.  I'm still new to the Bandit, but I notice it seems to gravitate towards 75 - 80mph.  I'll have to keep an eye on that!

SPRING IS HERE!!!!! :clap:
Jon

2004 Suzi B12

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 09:56:28 PM »
Great day for a ride here in PA. Spent about 3 hours myself in the twistys.

Hey Tundrahog. Do you ever venture to the south? I live in Millville, about 10 miles north of Bloomsburg, PA. Alot of the riding I do is in the Ricketts Glen and Eagles Mere area. There are some great roads down this way.

Offline CRASHER

• Board Regular!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 10:29:40 PM »
First good weekend

Did 275 miles of fast sweepers yesterday and today did 250  miles of which 50 miles were tight 15-25 mile turns and leaning felt so forgotten

not a bad 600 mile weekend ... amazing last season i used to do 600 mile days and first 275 hurt more

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 11:17:26 PM »
Yeah - my first real ride today, too.  Did a shade under 200 of mostly twisty stuff and I am SORE.  Gotta get back in riding shape.  What a fantastic day to be out, though!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline BBurton

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 01:08:18 AM »
Rode a little bit too! Son was over at a friends house so I didn't waste any time gettin on the road. My neck and arms burn like Hell from too much sun while doing yardwork. :sad: Got some new Continental road attack tires, first real good ride on them 2day. Wow, what a difference over stock. What a sweet set of tires. :beers:
2005 " All Black" DL1000 V-Strom
"CAUTION", front wheel may rise under hard acceleration!

Offline Tundrahog

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 02:24:53 PM »
Quote from: "dsartwell1"

Hey Tundrahog. Do you ever venture to the south?

Haven't yet, but I probably will this summer.  I'll let you know when I do.  

We (me and a couple guys at work) are thinking about riding to mid-Ohio this year.  Does anyone know how fast tickets and hotels fill up?
Jon

2004 Suzi B12