Author Topic: Hello, is there anybody out there?  (Read 37134 times)

Offline jeffw

• Board Homesteader!
Hello, is there anybody out there?
« on: February 23, 2012, 02:58:02 PM »
WAKE UP!!  No posts since April, 2011???  How is every body in the Northwest?  Anyone still own or ride their Bandits?  Sorry I haven't been around much lately, let's see if we can get things moving around here again.
05 GSF1200S HS risers, HS stage 1, HS Exhaust HS Backrest, Ventura Rack, Corbin Seat, Renntec Crash Bars, DDM HID 'Busa Shock, Racetech Fork Springs, Cogent Dynamics Fork Valves, Alaska Leather Seat Pad, Stebel Nautilus, Blue Sea Fuse Block, Gerbing Heated Liner
=^..^=

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Hello, is there anybody out there?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 04:18:21 PM »
Hi Jeffw

I know there are still a few of us checking from time to time. We did get 4+ "former" and current Bandit guys out for a ride last August.

I sold my Bandit to my brother. I'm on a Triumph Sprint ST 1050 now.

My buddy Cargo7 in Vancouver still has his Bandit 1200S, and he and I got out for a day ride in early Feb, since my Sprint is currently sitting at my kids place in Surrey, BC. We hope to get out again in March.

Anyway, once the weather warms up, I should have lots of time to make some trips this year. In previous years, we have sometimes worked out a central Washington ride in late April/early May. Maybe we should try again.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline jeffw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 04:22:36 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I know Red01's sporting a Connie these days, and lot's of people have moved on to other bikes, but this place has been a little dead lately.  I've been busy over at M-S, and a few others, but it's time to revive and ride!!! :grin:
05 GSF1200S HS risers, HS stage 1, HS Exhaust HS Backrest, Ventura Rack, Corbin Seat, Renntec Crash Bars, DDM HID 'Busa Shock, Racetech Fork Springs, Cogent Dynamics Fork Valves, Alaska Leather Seat Pad, Stebel Nautilus, Blue Sea Fuse Block, Gerbing Heated Liner
=^..^=

Offline broncsrule21

• New user!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 03:53:45 PM »
Funny you should post right now, I was also wondering where everybody was. I've been lurking around a little trying to figure out what my next move might be. I had to sell my 04 1200s before a move, now have a VTR 1000. Thinking about selling and buying a Bandit 1250. I miss my big Suzuki. Are there any major issues on the 1250 I should know about up front?
03' B12 Silver- sold
00' 996 Superhawk-sold
07 Bandit 1250s

Offline jeffw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 04:55:25 PM »
Howdy.  From everything I've heard, the B1250 can make some truly great hp numbers with only bolt on stuff and tuning.  No cams, just intake air flow and exhaust system.  The handling is still going benefit from some suspension upgrades, same as the earlier bandits, because the bike is still essentially a low budget machine.  I have'nt heard of any major issues, except the stock seat is supposed to really suck.  Big surprise there, right?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:59:43 PM by jeffw »
=^..^=

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 09:57:21 PM »
Are there any major issues on the 1250 I should know about up front?

My buddy here in Cranbrook has one, and he loves' it. He is about 6ft and 200 lbs or so, and the stock seat fits him fine. We did a 5200 km 9 day ride last summer and he did not complain about his butt at all. He does a lot of 2 up with his wife, and she seems to be fine with the pillion as well.

I know a 2nd guy here in Cranbrook that bought one for his wife. I think he rode it as much as her, until he got rid of his Yamaha Warrior and bought a Connie 14.

I have not heard of any major problems with the bike. Suspension is supposed to be a little better than the old 2G B12, massive torque rise and 6 speeds make it an easy bike to tour on, so it sort of depends on your intended use. It picked up a few pounds with the water cooling and frame changes.

I wouldn't be scared to buy a clean, used one.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 05:53:13 AM »
Stock the new Bandit is slower and heavier than the other generations however dollar for dollar, you get higher horsepower figures with similar mods than on the carb models. Total potential HP is alot higher with the water cooled Bandit. Also the gearing is slightly better. But stock they are lethargic compared to the GSXR1100 based engines. However it's easily fixable like the previous Generations.
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline jeffw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 12:03:11 PM »
Stock the new Bandit is slower and heavier than the other generations however dollar for dollar, you get higher horsepower figures with similar mods than on the carb models. Total potential HP is alot higher with the water cooled Bandit. Also the gearing is slightly better. But stock they are lethargic compared to the GSXR1100 based engines. However it's easily fixable like the previous Generations.

Really?  I thought I had read that they were actually faster right off the showroom floor?   I'll have to go reread some of the info.   I know Dale @ Holeshot has been having fun making his test mule haul.  He's got a lot of good stuff available to get it to fly.
=^..^=

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »
If you look at the 1/4 mile times the previous gens beat them out however the new Bandit is more hobbled by the EPA shit. THey also put around 94 HP on the Dyno, where as the previous GENS put out around 98-102, It's also at least 50 Lbs heavier which doesn't help. However Opened up they get at least 10 more HP than the previous generations WITHOUT engine mods.
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline jeffw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 03:15:43 PM »
I guess that's what I was remembering, plenty'o'power opened up. :thanks:
=^..^=

Offline Bobcat

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 10:42:25 PM »
Some of us still pop in here from time to time Jeff. Pmackie, Redo1, Red01 Jr., mobilemike, and others usually hook up for a ride at some point each summer. The rides are always a blast. Keep and eye out here, and join us this summer.  :thumb:

Offline jeffw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 01:12:43 AM »
Howdy Bobcat.  I've seen you over on M-S a few times, I've been over there and here for about 6 years.  Nice to see you are still around.  I haven't met any of the other folks, just and missed out on meeting FastCat.  Went to her service in January with smalltownsarah, a relatively new member over on M-S.  Looking forward to meeting some of the folks this year.  Times a wasting.
=^..^=

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 12:16:39 AM »
Hi,

still around, but barely. Guess I'm just getting back really, it's been a *long* time. My poor ol' B4 is suffering at the moment dealing with all the rain here in Portland. But she'll hopefully be back on the road soon.

A

Offline jeffw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 01:12:05 AM »
Yeah, I've been considering building an ark up here in Olympia.  Between the snow this morning, and the rain this afternoon.  Blechhh!!! :grin:
=^..^=

Offline ae86andkp61

• New user!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2016, 09:53:49 PM »
I just recently joined and see that this topic is now a couple years old. I am working on getting a Bandit 400 back on the road, and just helped my buddy put a new front tire on his Bandit 1200S a couple days ago, so I know there are Bandit guys out there, but are any of them on this forum anymore?