Author Topic: 650 Bandit Engine Guards installed !  (Read 11916 times)

Offline Raphy

• Board Homesteader!
650 Bandit Engine Guards installed !
« on: June 10, 2007, 11:23:42 PM »
Just thought i'd show some of you what the B650 GIVI Engine Guards look like... to my surprise, i think they are awsome. I had another Bandit owner wanting a set after seeing mine after our meeting last week  :stickpoke: THey seem to be fairly well made, they connect at 3 different points to three different arts of the frame...

The install went fairly easy... the only pain was the rear engine bolt, as you need to hold both sides with two wrenches, otherwise the thing just spins and doesn't unscrew... you'll know wht i mean when u get to it :)

So here they are, like i said i'm quite happy with the look and i'm glad i got them !

2005 Suzuki Bandit 650 S
2000 Honda Shadow 750 ACE (the ex)

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
650 Bandit Engine Guards installed !
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 01:16:52 PM »
Looks nice  :bigok:  

I like the way they blend into the engine. Don't really stand out like other guards I've seen.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S

Offline Borgnine

• First Post! Be Gentle!
Re: 650 Bandit Engine Guards installed !
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 12:24:36 PM »
I recently installed a set of the Givi engine guards on my '05 GSF650S.   I found the rear engine bolt to be a breeze. 
The one thing that gave me fits was the inside nut on the front engine mounts.  They're recessed in such a way that a box-end wrench or socket can't be used on them.  To make it more complicated, an open-end wrench can only get a very tenuous purchase and that only when the nut is rotated just so.  My solution was to get the nut rotated to the proper position, and heat it up gently with a propane torch (don't want to cook the rubber bushing in there), and then get the wrench in there. 

They are rather smart-looking as engine guards go.....